Photo

Status symbol avatars

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

Which avatars do you guys think are the most prestigious?

Personally, I find BCG, SuAP and MSPP way overrated. Too many people get them using lends, so it doesn't really say anything about the wealth of the user.

IMO the avatars with the most bragging rights are the stamp collector ones, the HT - Richest! one, and the Wheel of Extravagance one. All of them force users to throw millions NPs down the drain to achieve (though not for WoE if you are very lucky).

Edited by Trey, 24 June 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#2 Wisdom

Wisdom
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

The lucky streak is the most prestigious one. It is the HARDEST to get.

#3 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

The lucky streak is the most prestigious one. It is the HARDEST to get.

This.

Also the stamps. And retireds.

#4 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

I wish I could get that Wizard or Sloth one related to the TCG Tournaments. :(

#5 Rainbow

Rainbow
  • Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain

• 184 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

What is the lucky streak?

#6 Wisdom

Wisdom
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

Awarded when winning 10 games in a row in Bilge Dice

#7 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

1. Bilge Dice - Lucky Streak!
  2. Retired rare avatars (TCGs, Mystery Island plot / Volcano Faerie, first Darigan vs. Meridell war avatars)
  3. Caption Contest - Funny
  4. Stamp Collector avatars
  5. NT avatars (Neopian Times Star / Neopian Times Writer)
  6. Neoboard Avatar Collector
  7. rest

#8 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

One of the few avatars I really consider "Prestigious" is the Neopian Times x10 Avatar. Unlike other avatars that require luck or money, this one really takes genuine and consistent effort (in the case of creating the entries or finding people who make them).

#9 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

Stamps, especially if you have more than one. ;-;

NT Star - It's kind of a pain in the ass to come up with entries, so props to anyone who can do it ten times.

#10 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

1. Bilge Dice - Lucky Streak!
  2. Retired rare avatars (TCGs, Mystery Island plot / Volcano Faerie, first Darigan vs. Meridell war avatars)
  3. Caption Contest - Funny
  4. Stamp Collector avatars
  5. NT avatars (Neopian Times Star / Neopian Times Writer)
  6. Neoboard Avatar Collector
  7. rest

i approve this list lol. but i also think people who sacrificed 10mil neopoints for the "richest" avatar should be given credit too. i mean come on, its 10mil neopoints!!

#11 Clumsy

Clumsy
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

NT Star most definitely is at the top of my list. I have been trying to submit a series for two month but keep getting rejected because 'there were too many good entries this week' - way to kick a girl when she's down TNT. Bunch of meanies.

#12 Hinth

Hinth
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

1. Bilge Dice (10 win streak is hard af)

2. NT Star (props to those that can actually come up with enough new neopets material to get published 10x  :o )

3. Neoboard Avatar Collector

4. Stamp Collector Avatars

5. SuAP? ( I don't even know at this point...)

#13 jonvj

jonvj
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:57 AM

Honestly i'm starting to think some of those stamp avatars are getting up there. Especially the desert one. Considering there were only 100 of the stamps (i think it was the king stamp) released from some long ago lenny conundrum, it's near impossible to get those now. Especially because you can't just put them in your album then take them out, they are there for good.

#14 Hanoi

Hanoi
  • Banned from Trading - Do NOT trade with this user

• 63 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

I like the I love sloth avvie and the happiness one

#15 Spurs

Spurs
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

The Haunted Woods stamp one is by far the best avatar available in my opinion, but as for rarity and status I'd agree that the NT one, or perhaps the CC one (every 50 or whatever is pretty rare too.

#16 Hinth

Hinth
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

The Haunted Woods stamp one is by far the best avatar available in my opinion, but as for rarity and status I'd agree that the NT one, or perhaps the CC one (every 50 or whatever is pretty rare too.

The Haunted Woods Stamp Collector avatar is my favorite one by far. It's just so visually attractive imo. If I ever decide to shell out a lot of cash for an avvie, that's the first one I'm getting. :p

#17 idontknow951

idontknow951
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

Nobody's mentioned the Dice-A-Roo jackpot avatar yet? Seriously? That thing is harder to get than the lucky streak.

#18 StudMuffin

StudMuffin
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

I really, really, really freaking want the Plushie Nova avatar.. :(

#19 Syntax7

Syntax7
  • 193 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:57 AM

I don't think the Lucky Streak avatar acts as a status symbol. Yes, it's amazing to see someone who has it, but it doesn't show riches or a lot of effort (now dont take me wrong, effort is required in that lucky streak avatar but you can't tell the amount of effort they put in if it's based on luck).

In my opinion, the stamp avatars top the list. But some stamp avatars are better than others

1. Mystery Island (costs about 1 BILLION, and that's only if you can find all those sellers)

2. Tyrannnia

3. Virtupets

4. Haunted Woods

5. Lost Desert

6. Snowy Valley

7. The Battledome

#20 Grandmaster

Grandmaster
  • 748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:40 AM

I think retired avatars, especially those released in the early years of Neopets are most prestigious. People may be able to rebuild accounts and earn a lot to get almost any avatars but no one could turn back the time and get those retired avatars.

#21 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:48 AM

I think retired avatars, especially those released in the early years of Neopets are most prestigious. People may be able to rebuild accounts and earn a lot to get almost any avatars but no one could turn back the time and get those retired avatars.

What are some of these retired avatars? Curious to see if I have any (I have an old main that was created even before avatars were invented).

#22 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:04 AM

What are some of these retired avatars? Curious to see if I have any (I have an old main that was created even before avatars were invented).

Retired avatars ordered by release Date (oldest first): http://avatars.theda...ist/by_cat/7/3/

#23 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:24 AM

Retired avatars ordered by release Date (oldest first): http://avatars.theda...ist/by_cat/7/3/

But it seems to me that most of those avatars are linked to account age and not so much effort. Most of them were pretty easy to get as long as you were around during the plot. There's no need to use avatars to show off your account age when there is a huge-ass shield on your profile making it obvious.

IMO avatars that show off wealth or skill are more prestigious.

#24 mintpro

mintpro
  • 597 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

Yeah, but I think those retired avatars are like UC pets. I only like them because they increase my total avatar count.

edit: It also shows (along with old site event trophies) that you've been active ALL these years and not just some old hacked/bought account with just the 10+ year UL shield.

Edited by mintpro, 05 July 2013 - 05:08 AM.

#25 Grandmaster

Grandmaster
  • 748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:03 AM

But it seems to me that most of those avatars are linked to account age and not so much effort. Most of them were pretty easy to get as long as you were around during the plot. There's no need to use avatars to show off your account age when there is a huge-ass shield on your profile making it obvious.

IMO avatars that show off wealth or skill are more prestigious.

It actually also shows how you are way ahead of others when people at that time are still figuring out how to participate in those events properly. A retired war avatar with the relevant highest rank trophy is the best combination. For example, you get Darigan Darkling with Darigan Dark Lord trophy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users