• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#51 Bleachd

Bleachd
  • 38 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

1. Bilge Dice - Lucky Streak!
  2. Retired rare avatars (TCGs, Mystery Island plot / Volcano Faerie, first Darigan vs. Meridell war avatars)
  3. Caption Contest - Funny
  4. Stamp Collector avatars
  5. NT avatars (Neopian Times Star / Neopian Times Writer)
  6. Neoboard Avatar Collector
  7. rest

This.

These avatars all require spending loads of NP, working very hard, or a lot of patience, or to be a neopets dinosaur.

#52 brynnita

brynnita
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:03 AM

Probably the stamp avatars, as well as the very old plot avatars. I was around back then and I don't even have them q:
I don't find the HT ones to be that impressive; they seem kind of snobby to me q:

#53 Hyori

Hyori
  • 45 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

Collector avatars and contest avatars. They both require the user to actually put effort in :)

#54 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:35 AM

Go to an avatar site -> Check which ones are owned by the least % -> Done

#55 ThatIsMe

ThatIsMe
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

I love the old war avatars. The meridell one is probably my favorite. I lost my main account a few years back that had all of the war avatars, wars I participated in and for the most part did pretty well in. Golly, I miss those days. 

With that being said, they aren't necessarily a status symbol as they mostly mark account age.

I've always been a fan of the Suap avatar. It's becoming much more common nowadays though, but truthfully I've always loved the LD stamp avatar. I've only seen it used a couple of times and I was jealous. 

#56 jp9099

jp9099
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

I feel like stamps are the most prestigious, there's some SERIOUS money devotion and no return on investment, so it's literally thrown away nps.... 

#57 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

One of the few avatars I really consider "Prestigious" is the Neopian Times x10 Avatar. Unlike other avatars that require luck or money, this one really takes genuine and consistent effort (in the case of creating the entries or finding people who make them).

I actually came here to post that, If that isn't a status symbol I have no idea what is.

#58 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

Free Jhuidah is the most prestigious for me. You were active and around years ago to have it.

Stamps are hard to get, but given enough money they're achievable. The hardest ones available these days are caption contest and neopian times, I'd say.

Bilge dice can be brute forced... that program has been made countless times.

#59 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

Free Jhuidah is the most prestigious for me. You were active and around years ago to have it.

Except now even newbies can achieve it through the new daily "The Coincidence"

#60 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

Shows how much I know :p

#61 zleepy

zleepy
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:42 AM

Aside from what everyone's said about stamp/nt/bilge dice avatars, i think the ones that required you to actually attend the TCG tournaments are pretty rare too

#62 sixkitties

sixkitties
  • 90 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:56 PM

Ohhh, the random contest one. 

NT, caption contest.

Ones that you can't really cheat your way through.

#63 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:35 PM

I guess it will only be a matter of time before they start mass releasing retired items

#64 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

I guess it will only be a matter of time before they start mass releasing retired items

They did already with  the 10 year anniversary, right?

#65 carico

carico
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:29 PM

1- Retired

2- Lucky Strike

3- Stamps

I'm working with Bilge Dice since a couple of months and still nothing.  :(

#66 Zombian

Zombian
  • Banned from trading - Do NOT trade with this user.

• 135 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:41 PM

One of the few avatars I really consider "Prestigious" is the Neopian Times x10 Avatar. Unlike other avatars that require luck or money, this one really takes genuine and consistent effort (in the case of creating the entries or finding people who make them).

True, some one hired me on oDesk for 300 galaxy bucks to craft 15 entries just to get this avie, to bad I am too lazy to do it for myself :/

#67 Choconilla

Choconilla
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:40 AM

I definitely think there is some desirableness in retireds because you can't really get some of them besides what you can get from the Coincidence.

Then again, lucky streak has evaded me and getting into the NT x 10 is craziness.

#68 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:56 AM

There's a guy who trolls the neoboards with his Free Jhuidah avatar that he got from the coincidence on a young account. It's actually hilarious... he had a fight club quote on his profile and I neomailed him about it and he didn't even know what fight club is. hahaha it's quite funny to see him piss people off on the avatar boards or any in general. People get their panties in a knot over NP.

I will say, I always loved my maraqua avatars... I know they're nothing special but that was my favourite plot when I was a kid.

#69 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:08 AM

So it is now possible to get avatars from the RE machine? or was that from the first day

have not been doing the daily.

The maraqua avatars are nice

but the contests, NT and the lucky streak is the really unobtainable

and it is not retired...haiz

Edited by kai1, 17 May 2014 - 04:12 AM.

#70 acrossthesky

acrossthesky
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:04 AM

I know some people got old/retired stamps as well as retired avatars from the RE machine -- at least at first. No idea if TNT has put a stop to that, but I remember it pissed a lot of people off.

As a stamp collector, I greatly admire anyone who can complete any relevant page of their stamp album for one of those avatars. Haunted Woods and Mystery Island are my favorites.

#71 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:09 AM

Unless something has changed, TNT suspended the avatar awards from The Coincidence. Too many people caused an uproar over it. 

#72 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:06 AM

Nobody's mentioned the Dice-A-Roo jackpot avatar yet? Seriously? That thing is harder to get than the lucky streak.

I dont think so. I play Dice-a-roo until my pet gets bored daily and Ive see the jackpot twice over the course of a month. Theres even an autoplayer for it, so for me I's say it's no different than the Hagan/Skarl avvies. 

#73 conductonator

conductonator
  • 37 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:29 AM

Yeah, I think that with the RE machine, the retired avvies are back in the running, and those would seem to be the most prestigious avvies to date.

#74 kingdomheartzgirl

kingdomheartzgirl
  • 31 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:01 AM

Ones like stamp avatars, lucky streak, and certain retired ones like the Free Jhuidah one.

#75 Lily

Lily
  • 279 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

My favorites are the stamp avatars because those are hard to acquire. Lucky streak is possibly even more rare :o Only a few people have it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users