Quantcast

Photo

Do you support gay marriage??

• Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you support gay marriage (276 member(s) have cast votes)

do you support gay marriage?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#376 MarieAntoinetta

MarieAntoinetta
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:14 PM

I support gay marriage personally because it is the moral thing to do.

I also support gay marriage because more marriages = more tax breaks and also increased revenue for the state. Why our supposedly secular governments continue to waste so much money on anti-gay campaigns is a mystery for me.

#377 ElAngelo

ElAngelo
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:45 AM

I support it. Why woudn't gay people be able to marry?

#378 sinicorosa

sinicorosa
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:28 PM

Of course don't understand how u can be against or not care about human rights!

#379 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:30 PM

This will be fun for people that have known me for more than a decade.  It's fun how opinions can change.

Of course I support it.  It has no impact on my quality of life, and if it makes others happy then I am all for it.

#380 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:43 PM

This will be fun for people that have known me for more than a decade.  It's fun how opinions can change.

Of course I support it.  It has no impact on my quality of life, and if it makes others happy then I am all for it.

Lol.

Spoiler

#381 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:56 PM

Lol.

Spoiler

If you are such a master debater, maybe you would know the answer to this question:

http://www.neocodex....orn-by-default/

Edited by Kaddict, 11 June 2015 - 09:57 PM.

#382 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:16 PM

What question is that? That's a link, not a question.

Any number of questions are raised in that thread, I mean.

#383 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:38 AM

What question is that? That's a link, not a question.

Any number of questions are raised in that thread, I mean.

Oh, I meant the only post from this year. They were wondering if it is currently in effect. I could look it up, but eh.

#384 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:34 AM

Oh, I meant the only post from this year. They were wondering if it is currently in effect. I could look it up, but eh.

Why do you think I would know that? :p

I'm not a subject of the queen.

#385 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2015 - 12:58 PM

Yep. Because what I like to do with my naughty bits shouldn't dictate what other people should do with theirs, as long as it's with consenting adults.

#386 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:16 AM

how can anyone be against something that doesn't affect anyone's life

there is no argument against gay marriage imo

#387 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:12 AM

Marriage itself seems like an odd institution to me. It's been a lot of things, many of which aren't relevant anymore.

Since inheritance does not need to be established by legal marriage, it doesn't really serve that purpose

As a religious and social right and a cultural tradition, it still has as much validity as it ever did, but that doesn't mean it deserves its own special legal thing

I dunno, it's convenient for taxes, insurance, immigration and guardianship of children, but otherwise seems like a rather outmoded thing to have written into law. So far as all the things I just listed, I think it would be only mildly more difficult to deal with without marriage as a legal institution.

#388 Eggie

Eggie
  • 317 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:47 AM

I support it wholeheartedly. Love is love, regardless of gender.

#389 Guppie

Guppie
  • 1285 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:57 PM

Oh, but since nobody's discussing moving marriage away from being a legal institution, yeah, I totally support same sex marriages.

#390 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:53 AM

Doesn't matter if you do or don't support it anymore!

#391 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:55 AM

it will always matter. there will still be homophobes just like there are still racists.

edit: and churches still not allowing it based on their religion.

editedit: USA does not equal the rest of the World

damn @Swarley beat me

#392 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:56 AM

edit: and churches still not allowing it based on their religion.

Religions should be banned asap.

#393 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:56 AM

You know there are other countries in the world, right?

#394 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:02 AM

EDIT: Decided it would be best not to post.

Edited by talbs, 26 June 2015 - 11:02 AM.

#395 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:09 AM

Religions should be banned asap.

As long as someone doesn't abuse their religion, it doesn't have to be banned.  

There are religious people who do support gay marriage, and then there are those religious supremacists who think it's wrong, and will use any means necessary to punish/outlaw it.  Those are the people who should be "banned." :p

#396 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:24 AM

EDIT: Decided it would be best not to post.

oh come on this is the debate section

As long as someone doesn't abuse their religion, it doesn't have to be banned.  

There are religious people who do support gay marriage, and then there are those religious supremacists who think it's wrong, and will use any means necessary to punish/outlaw it.  Those are the people who should be "banned." :p

I agree with you on this.

#397 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:11 PM

Religious freedom does not mean anyone has the right to suppress others.

This. This this this, this this, this.A thousand times, this.

Now if the religious in power would just feel this way. :/

#398 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:24 PM

There are so many people (family members) posting their outrage at today's decision on facebook.

I really just want to shake them. Love is love, who cares if it's same sex or not.

#399 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:36 PM

oh come on this is the debate section

Yeah I know. But I don't have anything to debate. I understand both sides, and like with most political topics, my mind (as well as most peoples) was already made up. A good sound argument isn't going to change that.

The votes in this poll are clear and I don't want to become Talbs the hate-mongering bigot, if I'm not already. I ultimately couldn't care less about the outcome of today's ruling. I am not gay (and have no issues with those who are) so it doesn't affect me. However, since I am allowed to have an opinion in this great country, I do not support it, which is what my initial post said. Luckily for the citizens of this country, my opinion doesn't count for much, and that's okay.

Edited by talbs, 26 June 2015 - 12:36 PM.

#400 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:41 PM

Yeah I know. But I don't have anything to debate. I understand both sides, and like with most political topics, my mind (as well as most peoples) was already made up. A good sound argument isn't going to change that.

The votes in this poll are clear and I don't want to become Talbs the hate-mongering bigot, if I'm not already. I ultimately couldn't care less about the outcome of today's ruling. I am not gay (and have no issues with those who are) so it doesn't affect me. However, since I am allowed to have an opinion in this great country, I do not support it, which is what my initial post said. Luckily for the citizens of this country, my opinion doesn't count for much, and that's okay.

If everyone hated each other for a difference of opinion we wouldn't get very far in life.

You're not hated and entitled to think that way. I just like to hear all sides regardless of if I agree or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users