So I've spent the last few weeks convincing myself to give Android a shot despite having no real issues with my iPhone 4s. I guess my attraction to iOS7 paired with the frustration of losing the majority of my jailbroken tweaks made me decide to experiment. Anyways, I've narrowed down my choices to HTC One and Galaxy S4 (apparently that's normal). Hoping someone here with Android experience could help me out; keep in mind I'm completely open to rooting.
I mostly want efficiency and speed on my phone:
- One button Evernote/Wunderlist launch.
- Launch Spotify/Pandora from the lock screen.
- I also am an avid blog reader so the ease of reading RSS feeds is big to me.
- I operate an app outside for work so I'd need the best screen for in-the-sun use.
- I love the idea of using an IR broadcaster as a universal remote.
- Lastly, I do enjoy gaming here and there whether it be through console emulators or a mobile game.
I'm getting the vibe that tweaks are much easier on android devices so I assume I can set up some of those quick launch options via apps or rooting? Also, I love the reader built into the HTC One, but the kicker is that I'm on Verizon and it appears I'd have to wait for its release. Is a reader like that phone specific or is that a tweak I could install via rooting no matter the hardware I have? I'm itching to pick up a new phone, but I'm really on the fence of whether I should buy the S4 today or give the HTC One another month or so. Other than my preference in physical feel, is there any reason why it would benefit me to hold out for the HTC?