Using Amazon EC2

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#26 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

If ur a h8'er at least +rep because the only reason you have an AA edge is because of Laura and me B). Start looking for the next big thing friends.

Wasn't it SL who told you about it?

@Waser it's petty but a lot of people do the same thing. They let public bday cracks and exploits get big so that they'll eventually be fixed.

We all know they never fix things like this. How many years have they know that their captcha was useless? That would literally be a 20 minute fix.

#27 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

Wasn't it SL who told you about it?

We all know they never fix things like this. How many years have they know that their captcha was useless? That would literally be a 20 minute fix.

SL told me about EC2. I also talked to him a lot about program optimization. Laura told me about account buy speed variability. Put it all together and you get an easy 300m-500m a month. Of course now I have no idea what it's like because I don't AA. The captcha is useless, but to be far a new captcha would almost certainly be useless after a week. They have to balance userfriendly captcha with hard to beat captcha and they always go with userfriendly. 

Edit: Well add some help from NQ in there as well. He was really great, and thank goodness he's been patient with me. He is probably the one dominating the attic right now if I had to guess.

Edited by Shrouded, 03 July 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#28 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

The captcha is useless, but to be far a new captcha would almost certainly be useless after a week. They have to balance userfriendly captcha with hard to beat captcha and they always go with userfriendly.

They would actually be better off just removing the captcha altogether since they know it actually gives programs an advantage over manual restockers. Then you consider score sending, it would probably take 20 minutes to add the code to be able to catch all score senders. They know that's been a big problem for years and it's a simple fix but they never do anything about it so I don't really think you can expect anything to come about from you making this thread, lol. Personally, I think it's all about you not liking some competition in there and nothing to do with trying to get the system fixed.

#29 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

They would actually be better off just removing the captcha altogether since they know it actually gives programs an advantage over manual restockers. Then you consider score sending, it would probably take 20 minutes to add the code to be able to catch all score senders. They know that's been a big problem for years and it's a simple fix but they never do anything about it so I don't really think you can expect anything to come about from you making this thread, lol. Personally, I think it's all about you not liking some competition in there and nothing to do with trying to get the system fixed.

I'm not concerned with competition in the AA since I don't use it anymore. I think they keep the captcha because restocking is 50% luck with random restocks. The main advantage ab'ers have is the ability to sit in a shop for hours on end and never make a mistake. I honestly wonder how many people are even score sending to make NP anymore. I think most are doing it for game trophies. I want a lot of the anti-fun things removed. Random restock attic pls.

#30 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

something contributive.

Edited by Napiform, 03 July 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#31 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

Updated with a section on AA settings and a little written explanation on finding the best accounts for AA. The settings part should be self-explanatory and the written explanation is common sense, but a little hard to come up with on your own.

#32 haoxiangni

haoxiangni
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

I'm kinda a noob in all these, so may I ask what does this actually do? Lower your buy times and stuff? 

And what is the freeze rate for using this? (Haha can't help but feel that your Abrosia settings are super dangerous, unless I'm missing something here).

#33 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

I'm kinda a noob in all these, so may I ask what does this actually do? Lower your buy times and stuff? 

And what is the freeze rate for using this? (Haha can't help but feel that your Abrosia settings are super dangerous, unless I'm missing something here).

Amazon EC2 allows you to have a virtual computer that you can leave on 24/7 for an entire year. The internet connection of the server is also extremely fast, and the U.S. East servers have an 8ms ping to TnT servers. This allows you to have incredibly fast connection benefits include:

• Abandon Attic Autobuying
  • Auction Sniping
  • Kad Feeding
  • Shop Wizard Sniping
  • Pound Sniping

When I was using EC2 for AAA'ing the freeze rate was virtually zero. Since then the rates have increased and you need to be a bit safer. Limiting time in the attic as well as the refresh rate should put you back in the safe zone. As I wrote in the OP Laura used the non-advanced refresh settings, and still dominated the attic prior to our AAA competition.

#34 haoxiangni

haoxiangni
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

Ok thank you for the explanation. I just kinda suck at all these :p

#35 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

Sorry if I'm wrong but you can restock manually and use the AB'er with this right?

For using Abrosia, you'd just have to download it, start it up and that's it..or is there something more. + REP btw :)

#36 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

You can't do both on the same account. This will allow you do run an account on a completely different IP from your home computer. This means you can have a side AB'ing on Amazon EC2 and restock on another account on your desktop.

#37 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

You can't do both on the same account. This will allow you do run an account on a completely different IP from your home computer. This means you can have a side AB'ing on Amazon EC2 and restock on another account on your desktop.

^^" I think I should've rephrased myself but thanks for the extra info. I meant, do you just install and start abrosia like you would on any other computer or is there other stuff you need to do first? Also I have a mac, would it work on Parallels or should I bring out my pc?

#38 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

^^" I think I should've rephrased myself but thanks for the extra info. I meant, do you just install and start abrosia like you would on any other computer or is there other stuff you need to do first? Also I have a mac, would it work on Parallels or should I bring out my pc?

It should work with Parallels. Once you connect to the remote server you need to install Python on it. From there you can download the program manager and be on your way.

#39 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

I never had to install python to get it to work :/

#40 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

I never had to install python to get it to work :/

I can't remember honestly. I think it could depend on which free OS you use. I think you are right when it comes to most of the Windows instances. I was using a Python code so I had to install Python every time.

#41 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

I can't remember honestly. I think it could depend on which free OS you use. I think you are right when it comes to most of the Windows instances. I was using a Python code so I had to install Python every time.

The program manager comes bundled with python27.dll, so it should be unnecessary.

#42 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

The program manager comes bundled with python27.dll, so it should be unnecessary.

The only person who I care about being offended over me posting this :')

#43 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

-_- And of course they require a Visa or mastercard number...Amazon not everyone has one!

#44 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

-_- And of course they require a Visa or mastercard number...Amazon not everyone has one!

An easy way to solve this problem is by going to 7/11 and buying a prepaid Visa. That's also a way to create multiple free servers :^)

#45 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

An easy way to solve this problem is by going to 7/11 and buying a prepaid Visa. That's also a way to create multiple free servers :^)

.. I dont think my parents will let me :)

#46 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:03 PM

.. I dont think my parents will let me :)

:^( That's the only way. It's "free" but the infrequently charge $0.01 - $0.05 a month for random data charges.

#47 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

Oh welll then, thanks anyway 

#48 Lv5Charmander

Lv5Charmander
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:41 AM

Is it free? If not, how much per month/year does it cost? I don't think we have prepaid Visa for sale here. Is there a trial period for it? Do I need to manually cancel it before it starts charging?

Edited by tututrain, 04 July 2013 - 12:44 AM.

#49 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

Is it free? If not, how much per month/year does it cost? I don't think we have prepaid Visa for sale here.

It is free if you stay within specific requirements. I think on average I paid <0.02 USD per month. 

#50 Lv5Charmander

Lv5Charmander
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:44 AM

What are the requirements? :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users