Photo

Using Amazon EC2

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#151 Dethrone

Dethrone
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

But I would presume that doing it anywhere other than abandonned attic would quickly get you iced? If I read correctly, two instances of Abrosia per EC2? And can you set up the same EC2 on two computers, or would you have to make a new one?

(AA = abandonned attic?)

Shrouded said:

"There are other advantages you can gain in the attic. It helps to have a lot of accounts so you can find the really fast shells that buy everything. You can also stop using Abrosia since the code is a mess. You can risk threading, but I think I might have killed that technique. I want attic to be fixed so legit users can have a chance. At least with MSAB they freeze people who AB 24/7 or do it in a way that makes you unstoppable. AA you can/could sit there with 3 accounts on 1 IP 24/7 with 10 threads each and buy everything in the attic."

What is risk threading, and what is threading? Sorry, I am new to this!

Edited by Dethrone, 28 July 2013 - 09:56 AM.

#152 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

But I would presume that doing it anywhere other than abandonned attic would quickly get you iced? If I read correctly, two instances of Abrosia per EC2? And can you set up the same EC2 on two computers, or would you have to make a new one?

Some people only do the attic and some people AAA and MSAB on the same account. Everyone has their own strategy.
Yes.
I would assume you can, but I haven't tried it.

(AA = abandonned attic?)

No. AAA = Almost abandoned attic

What is risk threading, and what is threading? Sorry, I am new to this!

I think by 'risk threading' he meant you can take the risk of threading, not that it's its own thing. I think threading was explained in this thread already by Dan.

#153 newbieb0y

newbieb0y
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Hmm.. I just opened the server. But I got an issue now, I opened IE from there and try to download the Neocodex Program Manager, but it couldn't. Can someone help me out with this?

#154 Dethrone

Dethrone
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

Some people only do the attic and some people AAA and MSAB on the same account. Everyone has their own strategy.
Yes.
I would assume you can, but I haven't tried it.

No. AAA = Almost abandoned attic

I think by 'risk threading' he meant you can take the risk of threading, not that it's its own thing. I think threading was explained in this thread already by Dan.

What is AA then? and MSAB? My buy times are only at 561ms with EC2...am I missing anything? Thanks for helping!

Is the advanced version of Abrosia a big advantage? (Someone convince me to buy it!) Also, would anyone recommend me to open two instances of Abrosia, or will it slow me down?

Edited by Dethrone, 29 July 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#155 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

AA is usually an acronym for Auto Adopter when it comes to Neo terms. (Otherwise, it's Alcoholics Anonymous :p). MSAB = Main Shop Auto Buyer.

#156 Dethrone

Dethrone
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

Hmm.. I just opened the server. But I got an issue now, I opened IE from there and try to download the Neocodex Program Manager, but it couldn't. Can someone help me out with this?

I have a temporary solution. Go to internet options - > Security .> Custom level -> Downloads (or something like that) -> enable.

I'd wait for someone else who may have a better solution, but you can try this in the meantime.

Edited by Dethrone, 29 July 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#157 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

I have a temporary solution. Go to internet options - > Security .> Custom level -> Downloads (or something like that) -> enable.

I'd wait for someone else who may have a better solution, but you can try this in the meantime.

You have to enable a lot of options in there.

#158 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

Use IE to download Chrome or Firefox.

#159 Dethrone

Dethrone
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

Hmmm... for me, chrome was reallly laggy. Could it be because of my computer's RAM, or should it actually be laggy?

#160 newbieb0y

newbieb0y
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

I can't download anything at all. 

#161 Dethrone

Dethrone
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

I can't download anything at all. 

You have to use my temporary solution coupled with Futurama's advice to enable a lot of other things too.

Somehow my question got brushed aside, so I'm going to reiterate it :o

My buy times are only at 561ms with EC2...am I missing anything?

Is the advanced version of Abrosia a big advantage? (Someone convince me to buy it!) Also, would anyone recommend me to open two instances of Abrosia, or will it slow me down? (that would mean they would also share the same IP)

If AA = auto adapter, what does it mean in this context? I serached auto adapter and all I got was this pet finding program.

Edited by Dethrone, 29 July 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#162 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

Is the advanced version of Abrosia a big advantage? (Someone convince me to buy it!)

yes

Also, would anyone recommend me to open two instances of Abrosia, or will it slow me down?

On the same instance? Why would you want to?

If AA = auto adapter, what does it mean in this context? I serached auto adapter and all I got was this pet finding program.

It means auto adopter... you're finding what it means.

Edited by Napiosaurus, 29 July 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#163 Dethrone

Dethrone
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

yes

On the same instance? Why would you want to?

It means auto adopter... you're finding what it means.

On the same instance so to maximize the profit that can be made. If I recall correctly, some people here had claimed to have been using a couple of shell accounts at a time. I'm not sure how they're doing it, so that's what I'm trying to figure out. How would a pet finder AA help? I still dont' understand threading; I've trying to reread the past posts, but it's filled with too much technical jargon for me to understand :(.

#164 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

How would a pet finder AA help?

No one said it would. You asked what AA meant and the answer is 'auto adopter'.

I don't understand threading either... the best thing to do probably would be to smart smaller and get stuff figured out before trying to figure out the technical parts.

#165 newbieb0y

newbieb0y
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

You have to use my temporary solution coupled with Futurama's advice to enable a lot of other things too.

Thanks, will try it out again

#166 VaultBoy

VaultBoy
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

Is there an increased freeze rate by (ab)using this? Is it higher than normal shop Abing?

#167 Dethrone

Dethrone
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

My buy times are only at 561ms with EC2...am I missing anything?

How are people using EC2 to operate multiple shell accounts at the same time?

#168 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:38 AM

How are people using EC2 to operate multiple shell accounts at the same time?

It's not specific to EC2. They're just using multiple copies of Abrosia.

#169 Dethrone

Dethrone
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

It's not specific to EC2. They're just using multiple copies of Abrosia.

Exactly what I was getting to earlier! So doesn't multiple copies of Abrosia on the same EC2 computer slow it down?

#170 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

Exactly what I was getting to earlier! So doesn't multiple copies of Abrosia on the same EC2 computer slow it down?

There's limits, you have to find them ;)

#171 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

There's limits, you have to find them ;)

2-3 is usually the best.

#172 jhawk2207

jhawk2207
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

are there any other programs besides ec2 that will work? i cant do the ec2 on mac

Edited by jhawk2207, 30 July 2013 - 04:06 PM.

#173 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

are there any other programs besides ec2 that will work? i cant do the ec2 on mac

EC2 is not a program, and you can do it on Mac. There are other options, but they'll end up costing you a decent amount of money.

#174 cuttingedge

cuttingedge
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

I haven't done much about it but every instance I make is kind of slow, sometimes worse than free proxies I've used. I recently discovered my server was in Oregon when Virginia would be much closer, but will it make much of a difference? I don't really feel like starting up a new one unless it does because of the minor stuff I have installed and everything. Is there anything else I might be missing that is making my experience slow?

#175 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

I haven't done much about it but every instance I make is kind of slow, sometimes worse than free proxies I've used. I recently discovered my server was in Oregon when Virginia would be much closer, but will it make much of a difference? I don't really feel like starting up a new one unless it does because of the minor stuff I have installed and everything. Is there anything else I might be missing that is making my experience slow?

Switch it to Virginia. That'll make the internet connection to TnT servers better. Over time the instances get sluggish and you need to terminate the server and start a new one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users