Quantcast

Photo

New abrosia user and slightly confused. advice?

abrosia noob buying times

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

I just started using abrosia today and have had some small success with it.  I got 3 items from the igloo in about 30 minutes, cheap items not tons of profit.  However it says example 79 nps in 212ms is that too fast that it could cause suspicion?  I'm not an advanced member and hardly changed anything so I'm confused to why buy times are that quick.  

This all might make no sense, but I'm a new to abrosia as of today lol.

Any advice is appreciated :)

#2 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

Igloo is a special case, since there's no haggle times involved so buy times of <1000ms are normal. Just don't leave it on for too long or you'll draw suspicions.

#3 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

Autobuying in the igloo will always be that fast because it only takes clicking the item to buy it c: No worries

#4 tom12

tom12
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

Even from normal stores I get buy times like that... never have been iced yet ;)

#5 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Even from normal stores I get buy times like that... never have been iced yet ;)

You a crazy mofo O_o

#6 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

word thanks guys! yeah right now im doing look 45 minutes in the igloo every couple hours, small profits so far but worth it :) 

any guides to selling the junk i buy quickly? i mean who wants a quiggle toothbrush? lol

#7 201211

• 65 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

word thanks guys! yeah right now im doing look 45 minutes in the igloo every couple hours, small profits so far but worth it :)

any guides to selling the junk i buy quickly? i mean who wants a quiggle toothbrush? lol

I've sold those toothbrushes before. Usually, it's because of air faerie quests. There's only one true guide to selling your items quickly, and that's pricing it the lowest on shop whiz. It doesn't matter how much you mark it down, as long as you're the cheapest, you'll sell it.

#8 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

yeah thats what i've been doing i'm just not very patient xD 

i guess patience is a virtue you must learn in the world of ABing

#9 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

You have nothing to worry about :lol2:

People impossible times in regular shops over night and don't get iced (most of the time)

and as said before, that isn't so bad for the igloo

#10 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

not being able to pick what shop you buy in really blows....i guess that in itself makes advanced worth it? 

#11 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

not being able to pick what shop you buy in really blows....i guess that in itself makes advanced worth it? 

You can pick what shop you're in if you make a list, but yes, advanced is worth it.

#12 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

could anyone help me with making a list? i have abrosia on my mac and don't have notepad...

#13 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

could anyone help me with making a list? i have abrosia on my mac and don't have notepad...

Which shop? How much minimum profit?

#14 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

Try here http://www.neocodex....s/#entry1658985

Edited by ic3doom, 08 July 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#15 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

any of the food shops really, right now i only get items from the igloo because i'm always in random shitty shops.  i just wanna make more than like 50k, the only items i get from igloo are like 5000 profit or slightly lower

thanks that helped a lot!

#16 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

You'll want to note that in alphabetical order, the aber has to purchase according to the order so it may be better to use one that is ordered according to profitability. 

#17 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

well i tried using lists but for some reason i didn't get anything, not even any missed items.  I had abrosia on for 2 1/2 hours and tried several different lists in different shops, and didn't even get a missed item.  Could someone tell me why or am i doing something wrong using the manual lists?  Igloo works fine i can get items from there but like i said i didnt even get any missed items in the main shops.  Is it possible that i just missed any restocks in any of these shops? are the restocks not as frequent as i believed?  

any advice would help even if it makes me sound like a moron :)

#18 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

Did you make your own lists? If so, maybe it's due to spaces after your items in your lists.

That or you're having a bad day like everyone else. Maybe you could post your lists so that we can see anything wrong?

#19 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

Well it could be the shop your Abing at. Some shops don't restock as frequently because they're always full. Could you tell me which shop you were at? Try one shop for 2 hours without switching to judge. Today I was ABing in a low restock shop and I didn't get anything within the first hour so I cleared some stuff and tried again. If you're ABing at one of those you should clear some stuff first. But the main shops like food should be pretty good for frequent restocks so you should just try leaving it there for a while.

It could also be because your list is different from the shop number you used.

#20 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

Well it could be the shop your Abing at. Some shops don't restock as frequently because they're always full. Could you tell me which shop you were at? Try one shop for 2 hours without switching to judge. Today I was ABing in a low restock shop and I didn't get anything within the first hour so I cleared some stuff and tried again. If you're ABing at one of those you should clear some stuff first. But the main shops like food should be pretty good for frequent restocks so you should just try leaving it there for a while.

It could also be because your list is different from the shop number you used.

i used the lists from the forum you posted earlier, the ones that were downloadable txt files on the second page.  since i have a mac and don't have notepad, i didn't think i could make them myself since they have to be txt files? 

#21 201211

• 65 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

Did you make your own lists? If so, maybe it's due to spaces after your items in your lists.

That or you're having a bad day like everyone else. Maybe you could post your lists so that we can see anything wrong?

This. Check for trailing spaces, because unless you've specifically checked for them before, they WILL be there, and they'll render your whole list null. Best way to check is to copy/paste the thing into notepad, save it as text ANSI encoding. If there's a dialog box that talks about compatibility issues, it's because of the HTML &nbsp (non-breaking space), in the document. 

i used the lists from the forum you posted earlier, the ones that were downloadable txt files on the second page.  since i have a mac and don't have notepad, i didn't think i could make them myself since they have to be txt files? 

I checked the lists, and with a cursory glance, I don't think anything's wrong with them. Check to make sure that the shop isn't full up (you can see how many items are in stock by looking at the lower right hand corner in the Abrosia window). Full up is around 24 items.

Also make sure that the shop ID corresponds with the list ID.

#22 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

yeah i mean most of the time there were 10-18 items in any of the various shops, that was only when i checked

i'm probably just being impatient i guess, i just thought it was odd that i didn't even miss any items in the mains, went to the igloo and got 3 items in like 2 minutes though. 

and the shop ID's definitely corresponded i made sure by watching bottom left corner, so i really don't think i was doing anything wrong must just have been bad times.

Edited by DrSpaceman, 08 July 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#23 201211

• 65 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

yeah i mean most of the time there were 10-18 items in any of the various shops, that was only when i checked

i'm probably just being impatient i guess, i just thought it was odd that i didn't even miss any items in the mains, went to the igloo and got 3 items in like 2 minutes though. 

No, for two hours, you should at least be getting misses...

Spaceman, I PMed you a list to use. Try using that and see if you're still missing everything.

Edited by 201211, 08 July 2013 - 10:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users