Photo

Starting from DAY 0 with Neocodex

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 MapleStory

MapleStory
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

So, sorry that I am making another thread about this, but I kind of need a bit more help; starting from DAY 0

Please, give good advice to me to map out my first maybe month or so, it would help a lot of new members and I (not a day for day layout, just something to help me out going from nothing to like 100k)

Also, please no DO DAILIES TILL 1M AB REST OF THE TIME.

So, anyone who is good at Neocodex and has a good understanding please help :lol2: .

#2 CFaLLs

CFaLLs
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Realistically there is no one way to do it, everyone has their own techniques. Honestly the most beneficial thing for you to do is try and figure out what works for you, and in the process you will learn as you go. You can expect someone to tell you every little things, venture out and figure it out yourself.

#3 xWa

xWa
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

What I was told worked quite well... I started just 2 days ago.  Play Habitarium, it'll get you np quickly as you level.  Once you have about 15-20k, use AB on Igloo only.  I set my profits to 10kNP+ and made over 100k that night, then used the profits from that to go into more shops.  I started with literally 1np, had 18k from Habitarium rather quickly.  You can also use the automated games included in the program such as negg sweeper and the solitaire one are quite good, that'll get you half the np right there to get started in Igloo.  I didn't know about that at first.

#4 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

I'm pretty sure we've made the programs as easy to use as possible, with the autobuyer all you need to essentially do is to login and press the start button...

#5 201211

• 65 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

You start off with 2.5K.

The key here is patience. You're not going to get rich instantly, and that's actually a good thing. Getting to a million within a week will probably attract TNT's attention, and that's not a good thing.

With 2.5K, I'd suggest you start playing some easy flash games to build up your income to 10K. With dailies, and easy sponsor games, you can usually get 10K within your first day. With 10K, you can start ABing at the igloo with low profit margin, preferably lower than 5K.

This is the benchmark. You should be able to start ABing at the igloo on the first day. Since igloo items are so cheap (<1K usually), you'll be able to max out your items at the igloo without losing too much of the original 10K you had starting out the day. Use the remaining money to open up a shop, make it a pretty, and sell the items you stocked at the Igloo for a profit. The next day, provided that you set your profit margin at the igloo higher than 3K, you should have at least 10K sitting comfortably in your till, as Igloo items sell pretty quickly.

Now, as long as you have 10K on hand, you have enough to start doing employment jobs. If you max out five employment jobs a day, you can usually earn 10K profit as long as you go for the jobs that give you at least 5K return.

I have no experience with habitarium, so I can't offer any advice there. From here on, it's rinse and repeat. Dailies, employment jobs, igloo, shop pricing, next day, etc. You can probably make 50K within a week, and then you're off to the main shops.

Good luck pal. Key's patience. While your doing igloo abing, go outside, stretch, do something fun. You can, as xWa said, set your profit margin to 10K for igloo, but that'll take a long time to max out, and abing for a long time, even in the Igloo, will set off TNT's flags.

Edited by 201211, 09 July 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#6 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

Are you starting out like making-a-new-account-today kind of starting out?

#7 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

You can leave your Habi open in the background (if you're not using the manager and just being/browsing on neopets). That way its easier/faster to gain XP and levels.
However TNT made "scheduled maintenance" from 2am-4am NST during which the game is inaccessible. Here's JN's guide to habi:
http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=habitarium

Note: we're not sure if TNT really considers leaving habi open as "cheating". But since you're here, ill assume it doesn't matter either way to you. (No one has been frozen for leaving the habi open. The worst they've gotten is "locked out" (explained in the guide I linked).

Edited by Satsuki, 09 July 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#8 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

You can run Habi, but run it at your own risk because you might over jewel and than your Habi locks out. If TNT looks into this and sees that it's been running over night, they might not open up and reset your habi. Seen it happen on the boards

#9 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Whack a kass (or whatever it's called) is 3k for literally seconds of work. 

There's 5.5k to start with. 

Do all the dailies you can (forgotten shore asap, PDE's are pretty common) 

Then go and manually play games (or use SS list, your choice) 

Once you've done this, you should be at 30-50k after day 1. 

1 million in a week isn't too difficult. 

#10 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

I started ABing after playing games till I had 10k NP, I abed at the AAA ever since..and now I have around 15mil on my shell. It's pretty easy.

#11 thefish

thefish
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

realistically it is not hard to get to 100k from scratch if are willing to invest time :S

just play your 4 favorite games everyday to get 10k per day and in 10 days time you get 100k, simple, easy and legit

there is nothing else to shortcut around

#12 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Starting with a new account your going to want to make neopoints legit until your account gets 3+ months. Abrosia will be at its best when you can see all rarities and you already have the funds to buy them. Play the games you enjoy and do your dailies :)

#13 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

I think everyone has more or less touched upon what is needed, but....it's really key to lowering your expectations when you're starting out. Initially, you tend to make mistakes and not finding your groove (hence missing out on more items) but practice is key to it. There's the tendency to lose motivation when you don't see the cash flowing in, so don't give up there k?

#14 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

The only other thing I can say is make sure that you go through the Neocodex Guide Directory and read some of that stuff.

#15 MapleStory

MapleStory
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

Thanks guys :D

Just made my first purchase at igloo

#16 Avian

Avian
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

This will be a tad length and I know I'm a few days late, but it's worth noting for other new members -- I just came back to neo after a few years away and decided to start completely fresh, not even attempting to log into my original main. (I have access to it, I just wanted to start fresh) 

-------------------

All the good stuff has basically been mentioned. Find some flash games you like to get you going. (Kass Basher, sponsor games, Fashion Fever (just start game and immediately end game for 300 per send in a matter of seconds) Splat a sloth, and adver-video all come to mind for quick, easy starting cash) 

Neoquest 2 - The actual neopoints to time ratio is awful if you're playing it legit, but in my first week back, using Greasemonkey auto trainer and remote control with move scripts, I easily knocked out normal, evil, and insane with a nice payoff of one of the 1 mil+ prizes at the end while paying very little attention to the game.

(Important note - I had previously played and beat Neoquest 2 multiple times, both legit and with scripts, so despite being a few years, I already knew what I was doing --- Refer to -  idnq-guide.com  - for a good site with a solid basic guide and maps of everything.)

The payoff for insane mode ranges from mediocre for the staff to very good for the Bow or Wand. Evil mode offers 2 still just unbuyable items you could probably toss in your shop for 99,999 and have some quick profit. If you constantly overtrain while not even playing, it makes it easy, nearly effortless points. 

Final note on this - the Neocodex member Neoquest has actually made an auto player for this that does much the same as the greasemonkey scripts I used, but seems to overall be a bit more intelligent. Worth looking into. 

http://www.neocodex....neoquest-ii-ap/

---------

Main shop AB'ing on a brand new account is really only going to be decent if you don't try for anything fantastic (to be fair, this isn't a bad strategy if you don't have a brand new account). Creating a list for a low profit, high stocking store might be a good idea. 

--------

Battledome actually offers some decent prizes now for low end accounts, so training up a bit to make the low end battles easy isn't a bad idea. A very basic set with some of the super cheap 9+ iconers (ridiculously heavy battle hammer, scroll of ultranova, and scroll of the scholar) a downsize and a bronze scorchstone (cheap overhealer good for low pets) comes to mind. 

Regular codestones you can sell or use for your own training and red scorchstones you can sell for a decent, nearly instant profit makes it easily worth your time. (people are constantly buying codestones so just match or barely beat the lowest you see on wiz and it won't take long to sell) 

The cost to train a pet to passable for low end fights with one dubloon coins costing only 1k is negligible. And since I've been averaging one red codestone a day so far, and a few other random goodies, its been worth it even if you don't plan on battling much. 

--------

Key Quest --- I actually don't really like this game, but early on it can quickly make up some ground. Worth some time of legit play. 

-------

The forgotten shore map was already mentioned, but it's worth mentioning again. It is so cheap you can afford it instantly and it will more than pay for itself the second you turn it in, and it gives you another daily that can bring in a little extra. 

------

And again, as already mentioned, and this goes along with the flash games already mentioned. There's score sending. Do not rush right into this without any knowledge. Look it up, there's tons of info about making lists and being safe about it. Going all in with 1000np scores on 50 games on day one sounds nice, but it's also not very believable. 

I've done 0 score sending since my return, but I would strongly recommend low scores and only a few games at once. You can slowly add, and if you do this, it won't take much to add a game or 2 a day after playing legit so you can see real times and your own scores.  After a week or so, you'll have a decent little list with legit times and scores that won't raise any red flags and the list has been hand crafted, so you're not copying any other exact lists others might be. 

That covers what I can think of off the top of my head, along with the things already mentioned that I didn't touch on. I may add more later.. probably not, though. I'll forgot I even posted this by tomorrow morning. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users