• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#26 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

I figure we'll end up with donated prizes, I simply won't be supplying any.

#27 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

Hey yung... I like the idea of this competition, but maybe it would be good if you gave some time for all participants to sin up as well as looking around for anyone who's interested in sponsoring prizes. Might be good to drum up euthusiasm as well

#28 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hey yung... I like the idea of this competition, but maybe it would be good if you gave some time for all participants to sin up as well as looking around for anyone who's interested in sponsoring prizes. Might be good to drum up euthusiasm as well

2 weeks to sign up isn't enough time?

#29 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

Honestly, why would you need prizes if you win? I mean fuck, you've obviously made enough NP to win the competition, right? ;)

#30 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

Is the competition still starting on July 11?

#31 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

Is the competition still starting on July 11?

The competition is active.

Signups are for two weeks after which no one else may enter unless explicit permission is given.

The advantage of those two weeks can easily be millions of Neopoints.

To clarify the competition is won by having the most Neopoints on hand and the most value gained (unsold Shop value). So you may find it beneficial to keep a smaller shop to reduce the amount you are losing by paying out shop upgrades.

#32 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:58 AM

Honestly, why would you need prizes if you win? I mean fuck, you've obviously made enough NP to win the competition, right? ;)

I agree with Strat here.

One more thing...why Crisis Courier?  :mellow: 

#33 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:44 AM

One more thing...why Crisis Courier?  :mellow: 

Because you need start up funds. It is the fastest game that is a non-advertisment game (so it's not going anywhere) in which you can earn 1k per submit easily. The game is easily played Legit, AoB, and SS. 

Just bear in mind it is only 25k total you're allowed to earn from this source.

#34 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

Okay I actually thought about it and did some math. I'm willing to put in 2m a week for a weekly winner. I don't want the NP from previous weeks factored into that. I want whoever earned the MOST NP that week to win the prize. Then I'm thinking 20-25m for the overall winner at the end of 90 days. 

Edited by Shrouded, 11 July 2013 - 08:26 AM.

#35 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

I was thinking more of the idea that you want to make it something more tangible rather than 'recognition' because it's kinda hard to fully appreciate. It's true that the winner would be more than comfortable with their winnings but maybe....a custom forum title or something along those lines would really make the award more appealing

#36 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

I was thinking more of the idea that you want to make it something more tangible rather than 'recognition' because it's kinda hard to fully appreciate. It's true that the winner would be more than comfortable with their winnings but maybe....a custom forum title or something along those lines would really make the award more appealing

I'm thinking something similar. I can only add NP prizes, but I know the staff have been looking to create a competition for the summer. Kate and Strat can chime in about an on forum usertitle/signature/member bar. Maybe the weekly winner can have one for a week and then it is moved around every week. Then the overall winner can have it permanently (or until the next Abrosia competition).

#37 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

I know the staff have been looking to create a competition for the summer.

Lies.

#38 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

I'm thinking something similar. I can only add NP prizes, but I know the staff have been looking to create a competition for the summer. Kate and Strat can chime in about an on forum usertitle/signature/member bar. Maybe the weekly winner can have one for a week and then it is moved around every week. Then the overall winner can have it permanently (or until the next Abrosia competition).

I really like that idea. But i dont think a NP prize every week would be very rewarding. It would put somebody who was in the lead even higher up. I like how its mapped out right now. Its an equal competition and we are making our own NPs and its fair. I think the winner should get some kind of prize though. Are you participating in this competition?

#39 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

I really like that idea. But i dont think a NP prize every week would be very rewarding. It would put somebody who was in the lead even higher up. I like how its mapped out right now. Its an equal competition and we are making our own NPs and its fair. I think the winner should get some kind of prize though. Are you participating in this competition?

idk about you, but I wouldn't want the NP prize on some crappy 2 week old shell... I'd want it on my main or an older shell.

Edited by Napiform, 11 July 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#40 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

Lies.

:3 shut up freaky.

No I'm not. I'm too busy trying to finish my thesis work and I already spend too much time on here. I don't think my weekly prizes will count for the overall winnings. Also the weekly prize resets. It's based entirely on the NP made in that particular week, not cumulative over the entire duration.

Depending on the number of participants I might scale the prizes to larger amounts. I want to have as many people competing as possible :D

#41 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

Lol.. Random event made me lose almost all of my neopoints. There goes my starting funds. :/

#42 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

idk about you, but I wouldn't want the NP prize on some crappy 2 week old shell... I'd want it on my main or an older shell.

That can definitely be arranged. 

Lol.. Random event made me lose almost all of my neopoints. There goes my starting funds. :/

You've definitely got enough time to reach 25k before the start date.

#43 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

That can definitely be arranged. 

You've definitely got enough time to reach 25k before the start date.

The competition is already active according to Yung's post up there.

#44 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

The competition is already active according to Yung's post up there.

I won't give out prizes until the end of sign ups ^.^

#45 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

that is not something that we can do because this is not an official neocodex contest. Nor can it be as I am neither staff nor did staff requisition the initiation of this contest.

#46 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

that is not something that we can do because this is not an official neocodex contest. Nor can it be as I am neither staff nor did staff requisition the initiation of this contest.

I already talked to them about it and it seems unlikely they'll join in on this.

#47 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

I havent been talked to.....

#48 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

I havent been talked to.....

Will you join in sir? :)

#49 xWa

xWa
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

I shall join this competition probably Saturday when I get the time to do so.

#50 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Will you join in sir? :)

I believe this aspect of the conversation is pertaining to staff making this an Official Neocodex Contest. Something that shall not take place.

Please review carefully the revisions to the Original Post in particular those sections reflecting changes to the Rules and the addition of the weekly trophy.

Thought of a pretty competition breaking abuse issue.

• YOU MAY NOT USE (ANOTHER OF) YOUR ACCOUNT(S) TO PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM YOUR COMPETITION SHOP OR OTHERS. IF YOU ARE SUSPECTED OF ABUSING THIS EVEN ONCE TO BOOST SALES YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO TAKE ADDITIONAL STEPS TO SHOW SALES HISTORY. (This greatly stifles your efficiency as you must manually go and screenshot your Sales History prior to running your Item Management which requires a great deal of time management) FAILURE TO PROVIDE SCREENSHOTS OF YOUR SALES HISTORY SHALL RESULT IN INSTANT DISQUALIFICATION! (Even one discrepancy will be noticed if it comes to the this point.) This process shall hereby and aforementioned hereafter be declared as Audit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users