Abrosia: King of the Hill

forumgame forum game akoth

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#51 xWa

xWa
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

I believe this aspect of the conversation is pertaining to staff making this an Official Neocodex Contest. Something that shall not take place.

Please review carefully the revisions to the Original Post in particular those sections reflecting changes to the Rules and the addition of the weekly trophy.

Thought of a pretty competition breaking abuse issue.

• YOU MAY NOT USE (ANOTHER OF) YOUR ACCOUNT(S) TO PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM YOUR COMPETITION SHOP OR OTHERS. IF YOU ARE SUSPECTED OF ABUSING THIS EVEN ONCE TO BOOST SALES YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO TAKE ADDITIONAL STEPS TO SHOW SALES HISTORY. (This greatly stifles your efficiency as you must manually go and screenshot your Sales History prior to running your Item Management which requires a great deal of time management) FAILURE TO PROVIDE SCREENSHOTS OF YOUR SALES HISTORY SHALL RESULT IN INSTANT DISQUALIFICATION! (Even one discrepancy will be noticed if it comes to the this point.) This process shall hereby and aforementioned hereafter be declared as Audit

Heh, I was actually thinking about bringing this up a few minutes ago, but then got distracted in a chat.  Should also add a disclaimer that the prizes are in fact donated and not sponsored by you.  Therefore, no liability shall lie on you for the prizes donated by others to be donated in the event they do not follow through.

#52 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

Heh, I was actually thinking about bringing this up a few minutes ago, but then got distracted in a chat.  Should also add a disclaimer that the prizes are in fact donated and not sponsored by you.  Therefore, no liability shall lie on you for the prizes donated by others to be donated in the event they do not follow through.

...I did. Go read the OP. :p

#53 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Question.. How can we track our gains from Crisis Courier?

#54 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

Question.. How can we track our gains from Crisis Courier?

Basically I'm going to be looking at the totals and deducting 25k + 2,500 (the amount you get for starting a Neopets account). If for any reason you have an amount greater than 27,500 Neopoints that has not been tracked you will disqualified EXCEPT for those cases in which it is a RE that gives/takes Neopoints. If you are manually on the account you'll need to screenshot all REs, Abrosia otherwise logs these and you'll need to provide the buy logs for any REs with your weekly report so they too can be accounted for. I'll be adding a link to this post in the OP for clarification purposes on this.

#55 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

Basically I'm going to be looking at the totals and deducting 25k + 2,500 (the amount you get for starting a Neopets account). If for any reason you have an amount greater than 27,500 Neopoints that has not been tracked you will disqualified EXCEPT for those cases in which it is a RE that gives/takes Neopoints. If you are manually on the account you'll need to screenshot all REs, Abrosia otherwise logs these and you'll need to provide the buy logs for any REs with your weekly report so they too can be accounted for. I'll be adding a link to this post in the OP for clarification purposes on this.

Okay well i was on my account manually and a random event took away 5000NPs.. I didnt screenshot it :( With random events that give us items such as codestones can we sell them?

#56 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

Okay well i was on my account manually and a random event took away 5000NPs.. I didnt screenshot it :( With random events that give us items such as codestones can we sell them?

Yes... just log everything. Due to my failure to explain the one that took away shall be overlooked.

I shall also bear in mind the age of account and plan on the user making their allotted 3k per day from Crisis Courier until they've maxed at 25k.

Account Day 1: 3,000 NP + 2500 NP = 5500 NP

Account Day 2: 5500 NP + 3,000 NP = 8500 NP

Account Day 3: 8500 NP + 3,000 NP = 11,500 NP

Account Day 4: 11,500 NP + 3,000 NP = 14,500 NP

Account Day 5:  14,500 NP + 3,000 NP = 17,500 NP

Account Day 6: 17,500 NP + 3,000 NP = 20,500 NP

Account Day 7: 20,500 NP + 3,000 NP = 23,500 NP

Account Day 8: 23,500 NP + 3,000 NP = 26,500 NP

Account Day 9: 26,500 NP + 1,000 NP = 27,500 NP

Another thing to make a manual log of is Shop Size purchases so the deductions can be easily tracked as well.

#57 Claws

Claws
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

I believe this aspect of the conversation is pertaining to staff making this an Official Neocodex Contest. Something that shall not take place.

Please review carefully the revisions to the Original Post in particular those sections reflecting changes to the Rules and the addition of the weekly trophy.

Thought of a pretty competition breaking abuse issue.

• YOU MAY NOT USE (ANOTHER OF) YOUR ACCOUNT(S) TO PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM YOUR COMPETITION SHOP OR OTHERS. IF YOU ARE SUSPECTED OF ABUSING THIS EVEN ONCE TO BOOST SALES YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO TAKE ADDITIONAL STEPS TO SHOW SALES HISTORY. (This greatly stifles your efficiency as you must manually go and screenshot your Sales History prior to running your Item Management which requires a great deal of time management) FAILURE TO PROVIDE SCREENSHOTS OF YOUR SALES HISTORY SHALL RESULT IN INSTANT DISQUALIFICATION! (Even one discrepancy will be noticed if it comes to the this point.) This process shall hereby and aforementioned hereafter be declared as Audit

About the sales history: Wouldn't the neotrackers "Customers" work as well?

#58 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

About the sales history: Wouldn't the neotrackers "Customers" work as well?

Yes, I'd forgotten about that feature. I'll make the necessary edits.

EDIT: Actually I'll leave it as is because dealing with the mandatory screenshots prior to item management is enough of a pain in the ass that it should dissuade anyone thinking of being dishonest.

The Customers shall be an added mandatory weekly report.

Also be sure that you do NOT collect any bank interest. This constitutes as increasing income via other source.

Edited by Yung, 11 July 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#59 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

OK, I made my new neopets account!

#60 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

[quote name="Strategist" post="1681280" timestamp="1373580003"avent been talked to.....[/quote]

I meant join in giving prizes and sponsoring the competition.

#61 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

Starting today you can send score 5 times per game. Time to get your funds.

#62 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

Starting today you can send score 5 times per game. Time to get your funds.

How?

#63 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

How?

Summer event, you can get 5 scores per game instead of the usual 3. Which means you'll  be able to earn 5k NP per day via Crisis Courier.

#64 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

Summer event, you can get 5 scores per game instead of the usual 3. Which means you'll  be able to earn 5k NP per day via Crisis Courier.

It wouldnt let me send score past 3... :/

Is there something i have to do to activate it?

Edited by ToonLink, 12 July 2013 - 04:32 AM.

#65 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:39 AM

It wouldnt let me send score past 3... :/

Is there something i have to do to activate it?

On Score Sender or on Neopets?

If it's the Score Sender there should be an option in the Program Settings.

If it's on Neopets then it may not be active yet and should be by tomorrow.

#66 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

It starts on the 12th at midnight.   :mellow:

Edited by ic3doom, 12 July 2013 - 06:29 AM.

#67 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

Yes! I got a good codestone :D

#68 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

Unfortunately a rather large flaw in this design has come to my attention and that is the fact that items sold in your shop that are valued at < 1,000 NP are not logged due to the fact that Neopets doesn't keep Sales History and thus the Neotracker doesn't track it either.

So I pose this question to the community, how should we track purchases and sales for items that are valued < 1,000 Neopoints without requiring everyone set their minimum profit margins to be 1,200+ (Since this would all but guarantee that the items are worth at least 1k).

Nor do I want to have everyone that is dealing with < 1,000 Neopoint items manually go and create a log of the items that they have which are being sold for less than 1,000 Neopoints; this log would consist of Quantity + Listed Price (What you're selling it for.).

So... does anyone in the community have a solution that isn't dependent on these methods?

#69 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

Unfortunately a rather large flaw in this design has come to my attention and that is the fact that items sold in your shop that are valued at < 1,000 NP are not logged due to the fact that Neopets doesn't keep Sales History and thus the Neotracker doesn't track it either.

So I pose this question to the community, how should we track purchases and sales for items that are valued < 1,000 Neopoints without requiring everyone set their minimum profit margins to be 1,200+ (Since this would all but guarantee that the items are worth at least 1k).

Nor do I want to have everyone that is dealing with < 1,000 Neopoint items manually go and create a log of the items that they have which are being sold for less than 1,000 Neopoints; this log would consist of Quantity + Listed Price (What you're selling it for.).

So... does anyone in the community have a solution that isn't dependent on these methods?

Set profit margin to >1200

#70 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

Even if the profit is set to 1200 it doesnt mean it will sell for that much. The lowest price may be less than 1000. I suggest that we have to put it in our shop, price it, then take a screenshot so theres proof of the item.

#71 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

Even if the profit is set to 1200 it doesnt mean it will sell for that much. The lowest price may be less than 1000. I suggest that we have to put it in our shop, price it, then take a screenshot so theres proof of the item.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

How would the lowest price be less than 1000 if the profit margin is set to over a 1000 though? Did you buy it with neg np?

Edited by Napiform, 12 July 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#72 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

How would the lowest price be less than 1000 if the profit margin is set to over a 1000 though? Did you buy it with neg np?

What he is saying that it may still sell under 1k and thus not be tracked. That is why I guestimated that if the minimum profit margin was set to 1,200 that it should weed out all those items that are under 1k and leave only those which can be logged.

#73 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

Ain't nobody got time for that.

I bought a book for 700 and the lowest prices were around 900. It doesnt take that much time at all. We already have to screenshot random events.

#74 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

I bought a book for 700 and the lowest prices were around 900. It doesnt take that much time at all. We already have to screenshot random events.

What book?

And it does take time... I wasn't planning on manually being on my account unless I absolutely had to. Going to to screenshot stuff is like... 97% more time than I intended on spending in my account.

Edit: Plus, if you use the autopricer and abrosia stuff to price, that would be a non-issue because they're based off the item database, right?

Edited by Napiform, 12 July 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#75 Teru

Teru
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

What he is saying that it may still sell under 1k and thus not be tracked. That is why I guestimated that if the minimum profit margin was set to 1,200 that it should weed out all those items that are under 1k and leave only those which can be logged.

Random events could also give us items under 1k. We could make that a requirement to put the profit over 1200 but in the case that there is an item thats less than 1k you have to take a screenshot of it in your shop. Or you can make a rule that we cant sell anything under 1k.

Edited by ToonLink, 12 July 2013 - 12:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users