New Training Scheme?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 elkid27

elkid27
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

So after looking at how the training is set up I noticed that the Ninja training schools initial trainings for levels 250-300 drop down to 1 red codestone with a train time of 4 hours. Which compared to the main schools trainings for levels 80+ is quicker. So I thought maybe instead of doing 1 level, 2 strength, 2 defense, and 2 endurance that possibly leveling to 250 and then doing all of your strength, defense, and endurance trainings using the Ninja school could be quicker and cheaper. Attached is the spreadsheet I put together. I couldnt figure out how to embed it here in the thread and keep the format. So if a mod can feel free to add it.

So based off how this is set up, assuming you have an equal chance to have your training require any of the codestones I used the average codestone cost retrieved from the Neocodex Item Database. This assumes that each "level" costs 7 trains, 1 for the level, 2 for strength, 2 for defense, and 2 for endurance. We are assuming no training bonuses. Using the traditional method it turns out to cost you 46.8 million NP and 872 days of training time. Using my new proposed method of focusing entirely on level until you reach Ninja School then leveling all of the others (strength, defense, and endurance) up to that point it will cost you 29.1 million NP with 369.75 days of training time. So based off this it would seem that instead of the traditional leveling method most people use may be both more expensive and more time consuming to this proposed method. I welcome you to double check my math and plan. I threw this together fairly quickly so I may be missing something here.

tl:dr Instead of leveling level, 2 strength, 2 defense, 2 endurance, rinse repeat method leveling to 250 to unlock Ninja school and then leveling up strength, defense, and endurance to 500 each may in fact be both quicker and cheaper.

Attached Files

#2 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

This isn't new and lots of people do it already, but nice job anyway.

#3 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

....all that work to discover something that people have been doing for ages.

:/

#4 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

Hey, at least he proved it mathematically!

#5 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

Red codestones rise in price again now because everyone does this xD

#6 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

Red codestones rise in price again now because everyone does this xD

They've been holding fairly steady from what I've seen.

#7 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:24 AM

They've been holding fairly steady from what I've seen.

Just take a look at the price of Zed, it's fluctuating a lot lately.

#8 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

I think the spike in red codestone prices is due more to hoarders and price manipulators. It takes time to reach level 250 and the demand for red codestones due to training won't increase so quickly in such a short time.

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:28 AM

Just take a look at the price of Zed, it's fluctuating a lot lately.

I like that before we started doing trend information in our database then people would find it difficult to notice price changes unless they were pretty big ones, now people notice even small changes. :p

#10 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:42 AM

I like that before we started doing trend information in our database then people would find it difficult to notice price changes unless they were pretty big ones, now people notice even small changes. :p

actually everyone using red codestones should have seen those changes lately. it fluctuated between ~15k and >50k, so that's pretty hefty ;)

#11 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

actually everyone using red codestones should have seen those changes lately. it fluctuated between ~15k and >50k, so that's pretty hefty ;)

It's still much less than it was before this influx of codestones hit the market.

Remember when the Red Codestones were new to Neopets... O_o

#12 elkid27

elkid27
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

Ah well I did not know about this method beforehand. Luckily it didnt take very long at all to write up but you can repopulate the codestone prices as they change to give you new averages. Maybe somebody will find it useful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users