Photo

Abing in Stamp Shop, Unsafe?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 VaultBoy

VaultBoy
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

As the title asks, is abing in the post office riskier, in average, than in other shops?

#2 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

yes, about the same as magic. 

#3 VaultBoy

VaultBoy
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

So if I wanna be safe... it is a no-no right?

#4 Syntax7

Syntax7
  • 193 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

Even if we have 2500ms or greater buy times?

#5 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

So if I wanna be safe... it is a no-no right?

Yup. I AB on my main and I stay faaaaar away from Magic and stamps.

Even if we have 2500ms or greater buy times?

Just keep in mind that even legit users get iced there ever so often.

#6 VaultBoy

VaultBoy
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Yup. I AB on my main and I stay faaaaar away from Magic and stamps.

Just keep in mind that even legit users get iced there ever so often.

Wow that's crazy... They gotta chill with their icing shit

#7 Kono

Kono
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

I would say safe. I made about 6M in Stamps. Although; my buy speed never dips below 1450ish.

#8 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

As long as you keep a low profile by not putting every restock up on TP right after you buy it you should be safe in really any shop. I only ab in stamp for about 2 hours a day for about 2 months now and still not frozen. I have gotten 1.5 million stamps and am still fine. Just keep a low profile buy times above 2 seconds and you will be fine. I have done the same in Magic too.

#9 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

I AB in Magic and Stamps, but only on my AAA shell. I don't touch it on my main, and if I do, it's rare and only for a few restocks at a time.

#10 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:51 PM

I don't think TNT chooses particular shops to monitor more closely. They probably have an algorithm that red-flags users who restock high rarity items frequently, and stamps just happens to have more of such items.

#11 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

It's all about the duration.

#12 VaultBoy

VaultBoy
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:17 AM

It's all about the duration.

Care to elaborate? Please.

#13 rowdierowd

rowdierowd
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

I've been Abing in stamps for about 3 months now nabbing r95-99's daily with no freeze :D

#14 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:56 AM

I don't think TNT chooses particular shops to monitor more closely. They probably have an algorithm that red-flags users who restock high rarity items frequently, and stamps just happens to have more of such items.

That's probably the best answer, with a dash of randomness. It's the only explanation why some people escape scot-free and others (with more prolific earnings) end up with the ban hammer

Anyway, stamps imo are worse than magic because it's so much more deceptive. You can easily enter the trap of restocking more often

#15 ic3doom

ic3doom
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

I've always wondered as to whether there is a safe way of ABing stamps/magic because I've spotted some Codexians on Neo (some can be quite obvious) who AB in stamps. Their trades well stocked with UB stamps and yet no freeze.

#16 Lv5Charmander

Lv5Charmander
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

Magic and stamps are both high risk shops imo.
Anyway, how is this a guide? This is the guides section.

#17 Speedracer

Speedracer
  • The Triforce of Herp

• 771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

imo it is safe as long as you use reasonable buy times and only do it occasionally

#18 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

Care to elaborate? Please.

Autobuying in high risk shops is pretty safe as long as you aren't there for too long. It's much better to AB in short bursts with low refresh times than for long hours.

#19 CCB

CCB
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

I've been abing in stamps everyday for weeks without any problems, however I do suggest you take breaks in between sessions and keep a low profle

#20 Syntax7

Syntax7
  • 193 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

Hmmm. So maybe the best way then is to do the semi-legit way? (Where you wait until the shop seems emptier then start abrosia till a restock then stop and repeat?)

Also, another question I have is, what about HPD? I heard somewhere that you can go all-out on that day, but what does that mean? Stamp and Magic fair game? Competitive buy times safe? Refresh rates can go down?

#21 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Hmmm. So maybe the best way then is to do the semi-legit way? (Where you wait until the shop seems emptier then start abrosia till a restock then stop and repeat?)

Also, another question I have is, what about HPD? I heard somewhere that you can go all-out on that day, but what does that mean? Stamp and Magic fair game? Competitive buy times safe? Refresh rates can go down?

HPD is about 4-5x my normal restock profit. I went one HPD with 23 hours of solid restocking, no RS ban. Following month, 6 hours and 12 hours ban. 

#22 VaultBoy

VaultBoy
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

Autobuying in high risk shops is pretty safe as long as you aren't there for too long. It's much better to AB in short bursts with low refresh times than for long hours.

What is a suggested upper limit to Abing?

How many hours a day in total? How may hours in a row?

Magic and stamps are both high risk shops imo.
Anyway, how is this a guide? This is the guides section.

Have a guide for anything related to neopets? Post it here. If you're looking for a guide, this is the section. Ask or answer questions inside.

Edited by lfliliu, 30 July 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#23 swuggology

swuggology
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

just yolo it

#24 rebsca

rebsca
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

can someone explain whats HPD? =p

#25 Faintingcow

Faintingcow
  • Uncle Fancypants

• 199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

Half price day, I ab in magic (which some say is the same risk as stamps) I got 14 morphing potions in one night about a week ago, still not iced (one of them was a draik too) Ive found that settings above ~2300MS seem to be safe for me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users