I know there are quite a few IT specialists who frequent this forum, so I'd like to ask for some help regarding the wifi on my laptop. I started having issues after I programatically changed quite a few windows 7 settings. I thought I had reversed everything, but apperently something stuck. I can connect to the network, but it switches between saying I have internet, I am connected but don't have internet, and occassionaly disconnecting and reconnecting me. In the browser, page loads just hang until they fail with a "change in network connection" or DNS lookup failiure.
Initially, I thought it would just be something simple. After a few hours of fruitlessly messing with various network related settings, I started to get a little more desperate; here are some things I have tried:
- Used a system restore point from a few days ago
- Restarted router
- Reinstalled wireless card drivers
- Deleted all network profiles and added the network from scratch
Even more interestingly, I can use every other wifi network to access the internet other than this one, so my wireless card isn't fried. To top it off, it's impossible to access webpages through the browser on this network, but when I just send requests over and over again through Python, about one in ten actually succeed.
My best guess is that it has to do with this network rejecting requests with a certain number of packet errors, but I have no idea how I'd go about fixing this. Anyone who can provide me with a working answer will recieve a Ghostkerbomb (if interested) and my thanks.