61 replies to this topic

#1 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

POPULAR POST!

This is a Google Chrome extension and requires Google Chrome to use.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Latest version: 1.0.1

Installation Instructions:

1. Download scoresender.crx.
  2. Open Chrome's extension page.
  3. Drag and drop scoresender.crx from step 1 onto the extensions page.
  4. Confirm the installation.

How to use:

1. Navigate to the flash game you wish to score send.
  2. Allow the game to load and click the Chia Cop icon that appears in the address bar.
  3. Enter the score you want to send.
  4. Click the checkbox next to "Active".
  5. Play the flash game.
  6. Send a score when you want the score sent.

Changelog

Spoiler

FAQs

Spoiler

#2 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

Can you explain how this score sender is safer?

#3 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

No need to worry about ranges, Mods and (to a certain extent) times.

#4 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:56 PM

This score sender patches the score sent by flash games themselves. This makes it much more difficult to detect compared to having to check the components used to determine which data needs to be sent (impossible for ad games and possibly future games). As a backup safety measure, my score sender attempts to decrypt every score sent by a game. If decryption fails, the score obviously can not be replaced and thus will not send scores. If a game sends new data fields along with the score (such as YYB), my score sender will react according and stop any score modifications from happening until support for the new data field is added.

Basically, it checks scores sent by games for anything new and goes on lock-down if anything goes wrong.

#5 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

Thanks, Kway. That sounds useful if TNT does decide to do something drastic to curb score-sending. But is what Ivy said about not having to worry about ranges, mods and times true?

#6 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

Thanks, Kway. That sounds useful if TNT does decide to do something drastic to curb score-sending. But is what Ivy said about not having to worry about ranges, mods and times true?

Yes. My score sender uses exactly what you put in the boxes. If you are going to wait a few minutes to manually send the score, it wouldn't hurt to spend a few extra seconds to make up a number yourself.

#7 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:26 AM

Oh, so all Ivy meant was that it is not automated and that you have to manually type in a score and choose when to send it each time? Lol, I thought somehow you managed to create a score sender that automatically calculates safe scores and times for you... that would certainly be very well-received. But if it is purely manual, then it won't be useful those who want to send many scores and not just a single score (AC comes to mind, or those who play flash games for np).

Edited by Trey, 31 July 2013 - 12:27 AM.

#8 darkmadness

darkmadness
  • 262 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:15 AM

Kway, you my good Sir, are a deadset LEGEND. Thank you, this works like an absolute charm! +REP

Edited by darkmadness, 31 July 2013 - 01:15 AM.

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:27 AM

Interesting work, good job. :p

#10 kieshun

kieshun
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 53 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

It won't let me add it to chrome.  

it says apps, extensions and user scripts can not be added from this website

#11 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

It won't let me add it to chrome.  

it says apps, extensions and user scripts can not be added from this website

Did you follow the instructions?

Installation Instructions:

1. Download scoresender.crx.
  2. Open Chrome's extension page.
  3. Drag and drop scoresender.crx from step 1 onto the extensions page.
  4. Confirm the installation.

#12 kieshun

kieshun

• 53 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:23 AM

sure did 

im on a mac if that means anything, i didnt think it would because its just an add-on

#13 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

sure did 

im on a mac if that means anything, i didnt think it would because its just an add-on

It definitely works with the instructions on Windows, I can't test on Mac though. :/

#14 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

sure did 

It works on Mac. When you drag the file onto the extension page, "Install Extension" or something similar will appear.

I'll look into getting the file hosted here and add auto-updating later to simplify things.

#15 kieshun

kieshun

• 53 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

when i drag it onto the page a text box comes up next to the download in the bar at the bottom and says "Extensions, apps, and themes can harm your computer. Are you sure you want to continue?" and i have two choices- discard, or continue. i hit continue and then at the top near the toolbar it says the apps, extensions and user scripts can not be added from this website hullabaloo 

#16 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

when i drag it onto the page a text box comes up next to the download in the bar at the bottom and says "Extensions, apps, and themes can harm your computer. Are you sure you want to continue?" and i have two choices- discard, or continue. i hit continue and then at the top near the toolbar it says the apps, extensions and user scripts can not be added from this website hullabaloo 

Try this:

Are you using the correct thing? It should have a 1 on it, like this: Scoresender(1).crx.

That's what you need to drag in, check your downloads folder. That's where I found mine. (after hitting the continue button).

It did that to me when I first downloaded it (and tried to use the one with out the 1 on it), and then I went into my downloads folder, found the one with the 1 on it, dragged it and it worked fine.

If that doesn't work, I have no idea what to do.

Edited by Satsuki, 31 July 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#17 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

For some reason Chrome seems to be redownloading it from your computer. Are you sure you are dragging it onto the extensions page and is your Chrome up to date? If "Drop to Install" isn't appearing on the page, you might have the wrong page.

#18 kieshun

kieshun

• 53 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

i got it, my chrome wasnt up to date apparently. sorry for all the trouble  :blush:

Edited by kieshun, 31 July 2013 - 09:12 AM.

#19 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:39 AM

i got it, my chrome wasnt up to date apparently. sorry for all the trouble  :blush:

It's fine. I remember when they first added that security 'feature' and took an hour to figure out how to install my own extensions.

#20 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

Works nicely  :thumbsup:  it feels a lot safer than the other score sender out there.

#21 VaultBoy

VaultBoy
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

Works like a charm! +Rep!

#22 cuttingedge

cuttingedge
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Very awesome, this will make DD and avatar games so much easier and safer to complete. Thanks!!

#23 Psyduck

Psyduck
  • 431 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

Very awesome, this will make DD and avatar games so much easier and safer to complete. Thanks!!

Lol right?! Much easier and all

#24 Mandie

Mandie
  • 407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

Will try this when I get home from work in the morning. Rep!

#25 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

I decided to poke around some of the shockwave games and found one has a weakness. The game also has an avatar to give so it will be a valuable addition to this program. At the moment, the weakness is big but it's tracks are still covered. It will take time for me to find a way to break the encryption and when I do, it will require my SSer to be 'trained'. By 'trained', I mean you will have to send a ton of different scores for the game (don't worry, they will be safely blocked) until enough information about the encryption is known to encrypt your own score.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chrome, score, sender

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users