Quantcast

Photo

Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

abortion pro-life pro-choice womens rights debate

• Please log in to reply
478 replies to this topic

Poll: Pro-Life or Pro-Choice? (189 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#426 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:56 PM

You quoted a post that I made 3 years ago.

I'm not a cunt anymore.

A woman should be allowed to do whatever they want with their body no matter what. The government has no dominion over the bodies of their people.

If my partner wants to get an abortion, they should be allowed to regardless of what I believe. 

Also, calm your fucking tits.

I laughed way harder than I should have at this.

#427 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:07 AM

Still going through the thread.

It's not a fetus at day 28. Damn, you're only maybe pregnant by day 28--implantation hasn't occurred yet.

Funny thing though about...oh I think it's day 30 or so.

Right, we have these things called Cell Surface Markers. They're part of how our immune system works, our white bloodcells reach out and grope other cells to check to see if they're ours or not. It's dependant on DNA. This is basically how organ transplants fail.

Weird thing: Egg cells have different Cell Surface Markers than the rest of the woman. That's why the Ovaries are so fucking weird--women would sterilize themselves if they weren't.

A blastocyst doesn't get cell markers until after it implants. This keeps it from being murdered quite so fast by the body.

That's a lie.

Also, let's run with your logic for a second.

I don't like the idea of a woman having multiple [3+] pregnancies, since they cause massive soft tissue damage, cause vaginal scaring, prolapse, and incontinence.

Here's the thing, you probably saw one of those, D&C abortion? The gross ones.

Guess what? Those are only used if the life of the mother is in danger...or the baby is dead/dying.

Typical Abortion Picture:

Spoiler

By the way? Dilation and Extraction abortions were the same thing...but also to give the mothers a chance to hold their goddamn babies, get closure, and say goodbye. Now, now they have to be cut up.

Anyways.

Anyone who says they are against abortion except for rape and incest is proving the fact that they are against abortion to punish women.

Just because a woman was raped doesn't making that fetus less of a fetus. If you think a fetus is a person, then you are literally advocating the murder of an innocent for the crime of another.

If you're against it for incest, the same thing applies. Genetic problems? Then you must support abortion for genetic defects.

EDIT: This thread is too long

I don't know why you're going on about days when it clearly says weeks.
Also I have no idea which of these quotes were mine.
As far as implantation, that depends on where you're counting from and when you had sex. It's typically 3-8 days from ovulation, which rarely 28-30 days after you get "pregnant"

#428 Sleepcharm

Sleepcharm
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:24 PM

I'm def pro-choice

The woman should have a say on if she has the baby or not, and allowing abortion will help prevent overpopulation of  humans.

#429 DregsandDregs

DregsandDregs
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:41 PM

You quoted a post that I made 3 years ago.

I'm not a cunt anymore.

Rep Up!

God I'm not used to forums this slowfast.  This is weird

#430 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:38 PM

First, I would like to add my two cents in for what they are worth on pro-choice. Pro-choice is the option people choose when they realize it is the woman's choice to make the decision and it is none of our business. I am pro-choice but I do not advocate for abortions. What I do is support the people who have made the very tough decision. I will go with them to be their strength in this hard decision to follow thru with. I will be judgement free.

When it comes to myself, I am pro-life, unless a health problem arises where keeping the child would significantly alter the child's life in a way that would make it difficult to live. I know how this world works and how mean people can be if they are not "normal" and I would not want my child to go through with that.

#431 Sirius

Sirius
  • Azkaban Survivor

• 99 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:34 AM

Pro-choice, because it's none of my damned business what someone else does to their own body.

#432 hotcoldyay

hotcoldyay
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:06 PM

Pro-choice.

People should have the right to declare what they would like done with their body.  Even if I wanted to save someone, if he/she wanted to do something that kills him/her, that's ultimately his/her choice. The only choices I am allowed to control are my own.

There are also cases in which abortion has helped save mothers who are in terrible medical situations. I remember a case about a very young girl who was raped and became pregnant, and because abortion was illegal and looked down upon, the child died trying to have a pregnancy her body could not support. Had abortion been legal, she could have been saved.

If I were pregnant, I could personally never abort as it'd be a lot on my conscience. But that's for me and me alone. I am not other people. 

#433 phoenix13

phoenix13
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:47 PM

Honestly, I am pro life but I also stand for pro choice. I was raised as a catholic but I believe that a person's body is their own and I have no say on it. But there comes a time where I believe a life is worth more than anything.

#434 Daria

Daria
  • 419 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:13 PM

I've lightly skimmed through the start of this thread and I couldn't agree more with what @Adam said

If you are old enough/mature enough/responsible enough to have sex and not use any protection then you are definitelt capable of having kids. This is why I am pro life

There are also cases of rape and health dangers that may affect mother and/or baby. In that case the month should have the choice of whether or not she wants an abortion. This is why I am pro choice.

Abortion is definitely a grey area there are many things that can impact on a decision

#435 marcelolek

marcelolek
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:44 PM

Pro-choice: Woman has the right to choose what to do with her own body , 

the state and religion has nothing to do with that choice!

Edited by marcelolek, 26 May 2016 - 12:44 PM.

#436 jasonlumar

jasonlumar
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:39 PM

I'm strongly for pro-choice. It's the woman's body and if she feels she isn't ready to bring another human into this world then why stop her? Yeah, there's a lot of irresponsible people out there that don't use proper means to prevent this but if they have a way to fix a bad decision they've made, through abortion, then I say let them. 

#437 JustinHoodMusic

JustinHoodMusic
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:35 PM

As a man, I don't think I have the right to be anything, but pro-choice. 

#438 luna194

luna194
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:22 PM

Personally the thought of having an abortion is terrifying to me, but I'm pro-choice all the way. It's a hard decision, but I think people should be able to make it for themselves.

#439 auraldesign

auraldesign
  • 107 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

My current stance is this: I should have no say on what someone else can or can't do to their body. It doesn't affect me. As such, I am pro-choice. :)

#440 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:20 AM

Pro-life

buuttttt if the life of the mother was in danger and they also had other children then pro choice? So I guess i'm in the middle :/

#441 Rowlet

Rowlet
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:47 AM

Pro-choice completely. Pro-choice doesn't mean pro-abortion -- abortion and terrible and nobody ever wants to go get one.

However, a woman's bodily autonomy is much more essential. 

#442 lalalizzy

lalalizzy
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:58 AM

All the grey areas that everyone talks about is why abortion should be a personal choice - there's no way that laws can be written to cover every single scenario. 

Pro-choice because women should be allowed to make the decision themselves because as this thread has shown - there are too MANY gray areas to cover them all. 

I'm pro-choice because I trust women to make the right choices for themselves and realize that I have no right to demand that others live by the same standards and beliefs that I choose to live by.

#443 w35l3y

w35l3y
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:12 PM

I am inclined to say pro-choice, but I don't have a tough opinion about it.

#444 Kwi

Kwi
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:20 AM

Pro-choice. I feel that a child born to parents who do not want them, or into a loveless world is the worst existence you can face (especially since how much childhood can impact on your life). Also, from a religious point of view, if God does want a child to be born into the world, surely no medical intervention will stop that? Because if religious people believe that abortion is going against the will of God, aren't they simply suggesting that man is so "powerful" they can override God's wishes?

Just a thought, and my two cents on the issue

#445 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:36 AM

Pro-choice. I feel that a child born to parents who do not want them, or into a loveless world is the worst existence you can face (especially since how much childhood can impact on your life). Also, from a religious point of view, if God does want a child to be born into the world, surely no medical intervention will stop that? Because if religious people believe that abortion is going against the will of God, aren't they simply suggesting that man is so "powerful" they can override God's wishes?

Just a thought, and my two cents on the issue

Man has been given free will by God, so they can choose themselves if they accept the child or not. 

#446 Dexternaut

Dexternaut
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:05 PM

Pro-choice.

Also, there aren't gonna be less babies/people born, there are gonna be WAY less women dead just because they can't pay for a reasonable way to do it until being able to decide about it becomes legal.

#447 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:42 PM

Definitely pro-choice. Abortion is a horrible thing not only for the baby (obviously!) but also for the woman's body and still sometimes it's the lesser evil (is this the correct expression?). I don't think any woman can wake up one day and say, oh, what a nice day, let's go and have an abortion. It's not funny, it's not pleasant, it's not fashion, it's a right to do with your body what you think is best. Also a huge responsibility.

I really don't get any of the arguments of the people who want to ban this right.

#448 Kwi

Kwi
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:12 PM

Man has been given free will by God, so they can choose themselves if they accept the child or not. 

Ah ok, that would make a bit more sense. But if we are given free will, would it then be ok to not accept the child? Coz it means that God trusts us enough and wants us to lead our lives in what we believe to be the best way?

Not looking to start a fight so please dont torch me. Legitemately curious now...

#449 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:16 AM

Ah ok, that would make a bit more sense. But if we are given free will, would it then be ok to not accept the child? Coz it means that God trusts us enough and wants us to lead our lives in what we believe to be the best way?

Not looking to start a fight so please dont torch me. Legitemately curious now...

We can do whatever we want, but it might not be the right choice. God has given the people the Bible as the best guide for life. You can follow it or not, sin or not. Abortion is a sin according to the Bible. Just because we have free will doesn't make it right to sin, it's still wrong. We should try to stop sinning. However, not sinning at all is impossible. Everyone sins everyday, but as long as men repents for their sin it's forgiven.

#450 Paprika

Paprika
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:30 PM

We can do whatever we want, but it might not be the right choice. God has given the people the Bible as the best guide for life. You can follow it or not, sin or not. Abortion is a sin according to the Bible. Just because we have free will doesn't make it right to sin, it's still wrong. We should try to stop sinning. However, not sinning at all is impossible. Everyone sins everyday, but as long as men repents for their sin it's forgiven.

Repentance also entails the curtailing on the sin. iirc, the only way that we can be forgiven for all our sins to to take salvation in Jesus Christ, and put our trust in him, because only through his sacrifice can be we absolved of our sins.

As for the topic of this thread, I am tentatively pro-choice. It is absolutely not a decision to be taken lightly, and at some point into the pregnancy, I do believe that you would ostensibly be killing a sentient being. However, I recognize that sometimes situations put the mother in a bad place, and the option should definitely be there, especially if it's conception through rape.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users