Quantcast

Photo

Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

abortion pro-life pro-choice womens rights debate

• Please log in to reply
478 replies to this topic

Poll: Pro-Life or Pro-Choice? (189 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#451 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:37 PM

We can do whatever we want, but it might not be the right choice. God has given the people the Bible as the best guide for life. You can follow it or not, sin or not. Abortion is a sin according to the Bible. Just because we have free will doesn't make it right to sin, it's still wrong. We should try to stop sinning. However, not sinning at all is impossible. Everyone sins everyday, but as long as men repents for their sin it's forgiven.

God didn't gave us the Bible, men did.

#452 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:50 PM

God didn't gave us the Bible, men did.

Source: the fact that there are so many religions, numerous contradictions, clear linguistic differences indicating multiple authors, inconsistencies, changes made over time, the fact that portions of the bible are identical to previous culture's lore and mythology (ie. Gilgamesh/Noah, etc).

#453 Paprika

Paprika
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:07 PM

Well, a portion of it was said to be written by Jesus' disciples, so yes, men.

I think the fact that there are so many different types of religions does talk of people's propensity for creating a deity.

#454 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:15 PM

Source: the fact that there are so many religions, numerous contradictions, clear linguistic differences indicating multiple authors, inconsistencies, changes made over time, the fact that portions of the bible are identical to previous culture's lore and mythology (ie. Gilgamesh/Noah, etc).

If God was real, it had to be a woman. No woman would create such a mess and make others clean it after.

I think the fact that there are so many different types of religions does talk of people's propensity for creating a deity.

Just like politcs, it was created to control the minds of the masses, perhaps?

#455 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:45 PM

If God was real, it had to be a woman. No woman would create such a mess and make others clean it after.

Just like politcs, it was created to control the minds of the masses, perhaps?

God is real, but only in the minds of people who choose to believe in him/her/it. Otherwise, doesn't exist. It's a tool for comfort, or control, or just to explain whatever people don't understand. And religion will die when we as a species psychologically evolve enough to realize religion, like many other categories we place ourselves in divide and ruin humanity. Tribalism at it's finest.

#456 Paprika

Paprika
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:01 AM

Yeah I think one of the most damning problem for any religion that purports the existence of an omnibenevolent, omniscient and omnipotent God is the contradiction that lies within those three. tbh I don't think religion is going to die out anytime soon BECAUSE it's such a source of comfort for many people. Still seeped in tradition, etc etc.

#457 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:05 AM

Not only source of comfort but a way to escape responsibility. I honestly think that if more (way more) people were more altruistic, believing in humankind and i yourself would make religions unnecessary. But I don't see this happen in the near future unfortunately. Still it won't happen by itself :)

#458 Locket

Locket
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:33 AM

Bless that option to delete my vote. I wasn't paying attention and picked the wrong one. 

I'm absolutely pro-choice. 

#459 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:36 AM

God is real, but only in the minds of people who choose to believe in him/her/it. Otherwise, doesn't exist. It's a tool for comfort, or control, or just to explain whatever people don't understand. And religion will die when we as a species psychologically evolve enough to realize religion, like many other categories we place ourselves in divide and ruin humanity. Tribalism at it's finest.

So like a tulpa?

#460 Sorbet

Sorbet
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:32 AM

So like a tulpa?

Actually that's not a bad comparison. xD

#461 razer

razer
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:58 AM

Pro-choice all the way.

Though, I wonder, the 6 people that voted ''this doesn't effect me''..How did they come to this conclusion?

Isn't this effecting everybody in some way or another?

#462 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:00 AM

Pro-choice all the way.

Though, I wonder, the 6 people that voted ''this doesn't effect me''..How did they come to this conclusion?

Isn't this effecting everybody in some way or another?

Not if you aren't having children and don't give a damn about other people's choices.

#463 razer

razer
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:08 AM

Not if you aren't having children and don't give a damn about other people's choices.

Well, that if you knock a girl up cause you're not using protection?

Not wanting children, doesn't mean you won't get them.

#464 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:28 AM

1. I haven't gotten anyone pregnant. 2. I don't care who wants to get an abortion. All of this = me not giving a fuck :D.

Edit: That being said; if my wife/girlfriend aborted our baby, I'd probably just leave then. If she doesn't want kids that's fine, but I do.

#465 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:45 AM

Ali knows better than to go around getting girls 'knocked up'. If somebody really didn't want children they'd take steps to prevent it before having to resort to abortion, it's not difficult.

#466 Sorbet

Sorbet
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:34 AM

Pro-choice, although imo it should be a choice not lightly taken. I think abortions should be made safe, affordable, and easily available, but resources should be put to adequate birth control so as few women as possible are put into the position to need to make this choice.

The abortion/birth control issue is one of my main beefs with religious agendas that put moral dogma over people's welfare. That, and the treatment of addiction as a moral failure instead of a medical problem.

Edited by Sorbet, 26 July 2016 - 11:35 AM.

#467 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

Not everyone can have them.

Ali knows better than to go around getting girls 'knocked up'.

Not for lack of trying.

#468 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:57 PM

Jesus, it's every individual's choice. Why is this still even being debated? It surely isn't in Canada. People (cough Americans cough) need to stop trying to impose their own moral or religious beliefs on other people. Let women do whatever the fuck they want with their bodies, it's not your damn business. And as for the cry of 'but it'll cost us money to give them abortions', well you're probably an idiot because the cost of supporting all these teeny boppers having children that they can't afford will far surpass that.

So it basically comes down to your own shitty personal morals or shitty religious convictions being forced onto women across your shitty country.

How the fuck is it that getting your shitty kids vaccinated is optional but getting an abortion isn't?

aa947352213da34d62809adefbdb9c9a.jpg

#469 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:00 PM

Not for lack of trying.

The infamous Camden Night Baster has finally been unmasked.

#470 duhitsme

duhitsme
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:12 PM

I just don't think it's acceptable for other people to judge women for what they do with their own body.  It's a private medical procedure and every woman should have the opportunity to make that decision for herself.

#471 bengesko

bengesko
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:15 AM

Pro-Choice. All the way. The only time a man has a say in an abortion is if they're a trans man who is pregnant.

tumblr_n7d2mvSGFJ1smcbm7o1_500.gif

#472 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:34 PM

Pro-choice. Government should not have a say with what a woman does with her body.

#473 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:43 PM

Pro-choice. Government should not have a say with what a woman does with her body.

This. Who am I to tell a woman what to do?

#474 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:52 PM

What the sign says....

Attached Files

• Attached File  cant.png   416.29KB   0 downloads

#475 bwoke

bwoke
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:29 PM

What the sign says....

Bringing this back up brought it more attention lmao now I wanna put my two cents!

I really haven't nailed down the terminology but I think I am pro life, though I have a lot of inconsistency with my stance. I don't really mind people using the "day after pill"  and/ or other contraceptives during the early stages of pregnancy. However, I would ban abortions after the second trimester of a pregnancy. This is because the fetus has developed a nervous system by then and can feel pain. I think only special cases are allowed to have abortions during the later stages of pregnancy. 

Edited by ohml, 25 January 2017 - 05:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users