Quantcast

Photo

Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

abortion pro-life pro-choice womens rights debate

• Please log in to reply
511 replies to this topic

Poll: Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Are you Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#501 Sorbet

Sorbet
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:34 AM

Pro-choice, although imo it should be a choice not lightly taken. I think abortions should be made safe, affordable, and easily available, but resources should be put to adequate birth control so as few women as possible are put into the position to need to make this choice.

The abortion/birth control issue is one of my main beefs with religious agendas that put moral dogma over people's welfare. That, and the treatment of addiction as a moral failure instead of a medical problem.

Edited by Sorbet, 26 July 2016 - 11:35 AM.

#502 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3,201 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

Well, that if you knock a girl up cause you're not using protection?
Not wanting children, doesn't mean you won't get them.

Not everyone can have them.

Ali knows better than to go around getting girls 'knocked up'.

Not for lack of trying.

#503 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3,191 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:57 PM

Jesus, it's every individual's choice. Why is this still even being debated? It surely isn't in Canada. People (cough Americans cough) need to stop trying to impose their own moral or religious beliefs on other people. Let women do whatever the fuck they want with their bodies, it's not your damn business. And as for the cry of 'but it'll cost us money to give them abortions', well you're probably an idiot because the cost of supporting all these teeny boppers having children that they can't afford will far surpass that.

So it basically comes down to your own shitty personal morals or shitty religious convictions being forced onto women across your shitty country.

How the fuck is it that getting your shitty kids vaccinated is optional but getting an abortion isn't?

aa947352213da34d62809adefbdb9c9a.jpg

#504 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25,516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:00 PM

Not for lack of trying.

The infamous Camden Night Baster has finally been unmasked.

#505 duhitsme

duhitsme
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:12 PM

I just don't think it's acceptable for other people to judge women for what they do with their own body.  It's a private medical procedure and every woman should have the opportunity to make that decision for herself.

#506 bengesko

bengesko
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:15 AM

Pro-Choice. All the way. The only time a man has a say in an abortion is if they're a trans man who is pregnant.

tumblr_n7d2mvSGFJ1smcbm7o1_500.gif

#507 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:34 PM

Pro-choice. Government should not have a say with what a woman does with her body.

#508 Trapezeo

Trapezeo

• 728 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:43 PM

Pro-choice. Government should not have a say with what a woman does with her body.

This. Who am I to tell a woman what to do?

#509 neobo

neobo

• 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:52 PM

What the sign says....

Attached Files

• Attached File  cant.png   416.29KB   0 downloads

#510 ohml

ohml
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:29 PM

What the sign says....

Bringing this back up brought it more attention lmao now I wanna put my two cents!

I really haven't nailed down the terminology but I think I am pro life, though I have a lot of inconsistency with my stance. I don't really mind people using the "day after pill"  and/ or other contraceptives during the early stages of pregnancy. However, I would ban abortions after the second trimester of a pregnancy. This is because the fetus has developed a nervous system by then and can feel pain. I think only special cases are allowed to have abortions during the later stages of pregnancy. 

Edited by ohml, 25 January 2017 - 05:29 PM.

#511 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,912 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:12 PM

Well it's been a while since I last posted here as a wee 13 year old. My stance remains the same however, as I am still pro-life.

Literally pro-life. While I am fully against abortions, I am also at the same time for other "pro-life" policies that benefit women and child-bearing women. First of all, I think there desperately needs to be comprehensive sex education in the United States, and not abstinence-only programs. Birth control (the pill, implant, IUD, etc.) should also be fully covered by health insurance on even the most basic health care plan under Obamacare (or whatever Republican Trumpcare that manages to be passed). These two measures would help realize so much social surplus, it's downright stupid that the hyper-religious "budget-conscious" Republicans are against it. 

Furthermore, there should be cheap and affordable child care provided from the government, child care stamps for the poor that covers the cost of diapers and other infant related needs, and programs to help young mothers to finish high school and college. Make it so it isn't an socio-economic death sentence to have a child. 

Bring on the hate  :cool:

#512 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6,350 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:53 PM

Well it's been a while since I last posted here as a wee 13 year old. My stance remains the same however, as I am still pro-life.

Literally pro-life. While I am fully against abortions, I am also at the same time for other "pro-life" policies that benefit women and child-bearing women. First of all, I think there desperately needs to be comprehensive sex education in the United States, and not abstinence-only programs. Birth control (the pill, implant, IUD, etc.) should also be fully covered by health insurance on even the most basic health care plan under Obamacare (or whatever Republican Trumpcare that manages to be passed). These two measures would help realize so much social surplus, it's downright stupid that the hyper-religious "budget-conscious" Republicans are against it.

Furthermore, there should be cheap and affordable child care provided from the government, child care stamps for the poor that covers the cost of diapers and other infant related needs, and programs to help young mothers to finish high school and college. Make it so it isn't an socio-economic death sentence to have a child.

Bring on the hate :cool:

I think it's admirable that you focus on change for the better than dwelling on an ethical issue as old as bread.

You've grown. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users