Photo

Ideal buying speed?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

I haven't got any items using Abrosia for days, so I checked my buying speed using the Tiki Tack shop.

Bought Carved Tiki Mug: 1111 NP in 4968ms

I'm not using any kind of proxy. Is this fast enough to use Abrosia? What's your buying speed?

#2 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

#3 Vis

Vis
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

Around 2000ms is already rather conservative; really wouldn't recommend 4000ms+  :S

#4 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

I wish I was being conservative. All my times are as low as is possible for a normal member.

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

I wish I was being conservative. All my times are as low as is possible for a normal member.

It'll be your location which is the problem, unfortunately. Even getting Advanced wouldn't really help that.

#6 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

Ah, that's a shame. I can't change my location, after all.

I can get down to 3500ms by using a cable. Is it worth it to use Abrosia if my speeds are this limited?

#7 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

I can get down to 3500ms by using a cable. Is it worth it to use Abrosia if my speeds are this limited?

Try Amazon EC2.

#8 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

You can still get some things... anything is better than doing it yourself :)

#9 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

Adv has the advantage of being able to set your OCR/refresh speeds to far lower, which does help with latency issues. At least, it has for me. Everything except refresh rate is 0.001ms to 0.002ms and I do get plenty of stuff.

#10 SweetBunneh

SweetBunneh
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

With 4000 i dont think u can get any thing profitable ?? 

#11 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

I usually get 2.2 and I have never been frozen with that time and I autobuy every day. Though I still miss A LOT of items but I do get REALLY good items too. Still a good time though.

#12 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

You might get lucky once in a while. I've gotten unbuyables with speeds above 3000 ms before. But overall, they would be few and far between.

#13 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

Well, it seems I'm luckier today, and I'm getting items with 1k-2k profit. This is enough for me.

I could improve my internet speed x10 for a few more bucks a month. Would it actually improve my buying speeds, or is that not the problem?

anything is better than doing it yourself :)

^this :)

You might get lucky once in a while. I've gotten unbuyables with speeds above 3000 ms before. But overall, they would be few and far between.

That's fine with me, I just need small profits (not UBs). I'm happy with, say, 20k a day.

#14 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

I could improve my internet speed x10 for a few more bucks a month. Would it actually improve my buying speeds, or is that not the problem?

Depends on where you stay. If you live far away from the US where Neo's servers are located, your latency will always be quite high and you might never see buy speeds below 2000ms. But even a buy speed of 2000-3000ms is still better than what you have now.

#15 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

Depends on where you stay. If you live far away from the US where Neo's servers are located, your latency will always be quite high and you might never see buy speeds below 2000ms. But even a buy speed of 2000-3000ms is still better than what you have now.

I've just increased my internet speed to 10mbps (which is the highest available where I live). It was 2 before. I'm hoping that it'll help at least a little bit.

#16 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

Good luck! Do tell us about the progress.

Btw which shops are you trying out

#17 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

Ah, my ISP wasn't able to deliver the 10mbps one today, so he's given me one of those USB phone connection things. The speed is better than what I had before, but the ping seems to have tripled. All in all, it's the same as before. (3400-5000ms buys). I'm hoping the new connection will speed things up (it arrives in 3-4 days).

Btw which shops are you trying out

Mainly sticking to lower competition shops (because of low buying speed). I've got decent profits from food and mystical surroundings. I tried the bookshop yesterday, but I got demotivated after missing nearly 500k worth of profit.

Which shops do you AB in?

Bought in 3411ms (Est. Profit: 2260 NP)
Bought in 15605ms (Est. Profit: 7368 NP)

WHAT IS HAPPENING.

Edited by Amie, 08 September 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#18 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

Bought EDITED OUT FOR SAFETY (Strat):  XXX NP in 3411ms (Est. Profit: XXXX NP)
Bought EDITED OUT FOR SAFETY (Strat): XXXX NP in 15605ms (Est. Profit: XXXX NP)

WHAT IS HAPPENING.

You probably shouldn't post exactly what you're buying in that much detail. There's a lot of crazy jealous legit players out there somehow.

#19 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

You probably shouldn't post exactly what you're buying in that much detail. There's a lot of crazy jealous legit players out there somehow.

Oh crap, you're right. /edits post

Thanks for the warning!

#20 rebsca

rebsca
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

Maan how do I check my buying speed? I don't live in US
If my buying speed is X I can't set Abrosia to anything lower than X? Is that the deal?

#21 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

When you buy something it'll say "bought XXX in XXXXms", your buy speed is the XXXXms. To test make a list with items from tiki tak (since everything in there is worth basically nothing, Abrosia won't buy it because its a profit loss, so you need a list.) when it buys off your list you can check by speed that way.

(Just choosing the tiki tak as a shop for Abrosia to go in doesn't work because everything is a loss, and Abrosia doesn't buy items that are listed as losses. It will buy them with a list however.)

I can't remember how we calculate buy speed, but I'm pretty sure OCR/Pre-haggle isn't calculated into it. (If I remember correctly).

Generally you don't want speeds under 1500ms, but sometimes you can get away with lower (just don't go too low, like 1000ms and under for normal shops. Igloo and AAA have faster times because there isn't a haggle in those shops).

Edited by Satsuki, 15 September 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#22 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

When you buy something it'll say "bought XXX in XXXXms", your buy speed is the XXXXms. To test make a list with items from tiki tak (since everything in there is worth basically nothing, Abrosia won't buy it because its a profit loss, so you need a list.) when it buys off your list you can check by speed that way.

Not particularly true. You can set the profit margin to 1np and it will buy stuff like the pink grass skirt that has like a 100np profit margin. I use that method over making a list.

#23 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

Ah, my ISP wasn't able to deliver the 10mbps one today, so he's given me one of those USB phone connection things. The speed is better than what I had before, but the ping seems to have tripled. All in all, it's the same as before. (3400-5000ms buys). I'm hoping the new connection will speed things up (it arrives in 3-4 days).

Mainly sticking to lower competition shops (because of low buying speed). I've got decent profits from food and mystical surroundings. I tried the bookshop yesterday, but I got demotivated after missing nearly 500k worth of profit.

Bought in 3411ms (Est. Profit: 2260 NP)
Bought in 15605ms (Est. Profit: 7368 NP)

WHAT IS HAPPENING.

A mix, really. Backgrounds, sea shells, bakery.

your speed isn't too good tbh

(Just choosing the tiki tak as a shop for Abrosia to go in doesn't work because everything is a loss, and Abrosia doesn't buy items that are listed as losses. It will buy them with a list however.)

I can't remember how we calculate buy speed, but I'm pretty sure OCR/Pre-haggle isn't calculated into it. (If I remember correctly).

Generally you don't want speeds under 1500ms, but sometimes you can get away with lower (just don't go too low, like 1000ms and under for normal shops. Igloo and AAA have faster times because there isn't a haggle in those shops).

Isn't pre-haggle counted, just that it can't be affected by tweaking the stats?

#24 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

I said "if I remembered correctly" (so i could have remembered wrong). If you hover over it it should tell you what's included in buy time. It might be OCR that isn't counted, I haven't used Abrosia lately because the attic isn't working for it yet.

Edited by Satsuki, 16 September 2013 - 04:05 AM.

#25 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

I said "if I remembered correctly" (so i could have remembered wrong). If you hover over it it should tell you what's included in buy time. It might be OCR that isn't counted, I haven't used Abrosia lately because the attic isn't working for it yet.

Don't you use main shops? You can still get a nice tidy sum from it through

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users