16 replies to this topic

#1 cuttingedge

cuttingedge
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

POPULAR POST!

Introduction

This isn't so much a guide as maybe a PSA to everyone who has made a silly cheating mistake. It happens to the best of us, though I have to imagine many people just give up. I was inspired to write this after accidentally making a score I sent way too high (much higher than the high score for the game) but still avoided being frozen. Sometimes the best way to fight fire is with fire, so may I introduce to you the wonderful function of self-freezing!

What is self-freezing?

Self-freezing is the act of deactivating your own account as if frozen. Just like Facebook, you're given the option to disable your account. Fortunately it can be reactivated by submitting a ticket, and in my experience it doesn't take too long. The following link leads you to the deactivation page: http://www.neopets.com/remacct.phtml

How does this help me?

Self-freezing may be the great forget-me-now pill! TNT has been known to freeze people at strange times for unclear reasons but from my experience, self-freezing is a great way to get the heat off. You might run into a number of problems cheating but a few examples are:

-Sending an impossible score

-Getting a sent score reviewed

-Autobuying with low times

-Autobuying a super expensive item you wouldn't want to lose

-Using multiple programs at once/impossible activity

If you do something suspicious or illegal and you have the opportunity, self-freeze almost immediately - almost because first you are going to have to obtain some information.

How to self-freeze and un-freeze

Step 1

The first step is gathering the information you need to get unfrozen. On the bottom of any neopets page, you will find the help button (below the search bar). Click it (or go here: http://www.neopets.com/help.phtml) and click the "Submit a Ticket" button. Pretend as if you are submitting your ticket to get unfrozen already and go through the form and write down all the information you need, such as neofriends, passwords, NC items, etc.

Step 2

You can now go ahead and deactivate your account by going here: http://www.neopets.com/remacct.phtml. I would wait 4-8 days or so before taking any other action, as otherwise it looks suspicious.

Step 3

Ok, now that your cooldown is over, find the information you saved from step 1 and fill out a reactivation ticket. You'll need a new account to do this unless you have a side account - I recommend making this new account with the same email as your old one. You may see fit to include a reason as to why you deactivated, though I'm not sure if it's necessary. I won't include excuses; you should be capable of coming up with something simple and reasonable! Then just wait to be reactivated :). You can probably expect something to happen within a week or so.

Why does this help?

Anything I say at this point is just conjecture. It's possible that in the process of deactivation, information is lost or buried with the time. My experience proves that at the very least, since I sent a score that would have definitely got my account frozen had I not done what I did.

Short but sweet, I hope this guide nonetheless helps save more accounts than just mine. Please feel free to post any questions, concerns, etc. so that I may improve the guide.

#2 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

I have "crash kit" files for all my accounts that I update If anything major changes (more so on the accounts that are more important to me) Just in case I am frozen or need to self freeze.

#3 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

Gives me an idea for a program..... I'll have a chat to Pyro and see if we can knock something up to record the ticket essentials in a log file :)

#4 cuttingedge

cuttingedge
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

That would be super convenient!

#5 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

Very useful for people who aren't familiar with this method ^_^ +rep

#6 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

If only I had known this BEFORE my account was iced... xD

+rep thanks for the great guide! ^_^

#7 khan

khan
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

I feel like this explains why featheralley's account always freezes and unfreezes. xD

Thanks for the advice! +rep :p

#8 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

Gives me an idea for a program..... I'll have a chat to Pyro and see if we can knock something up to record the ticket essentials in a log file :)

I would only love you forever if that happened...........

And Cody too I guess... I mean, it would only be fair, considering he'd be doing most of the work.

Try to understand... it's not like I like him more than you or anything.... it's just....

I feel like this is dragging on a bit

#9 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

I feel like this explains why featheralley's account always freezes and unfreezes. xD

Thanks for the advice! +rep :p

More like people are always trying to get into her account and TNT gives her preferential treatment :p

#10 khan

khan
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

More like people are always trying to get into her account and TNT gives her preferential treatment :p

Or it could be that, too. : p

#11 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

I would only love you forever if that happened...........

And Cody too I guess... I mean, it would only be fair, considering he'd be doing most of the work.

Try to understand... it's not like I like him more than you or anything.... it's just....

I feel like this is dragging on a bit

He would be doing ALL the work, I have not a shred of coding knowledge :/

#12 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

He would be doing ALL the work, I have not a shred of coding knowledge :/

Just trying to let you down easy ;) but as long as you know lol

#13 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

so. much. work.

but i agree, it's a nice guide. +rep

#14 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

I had no idea about this method. This will help if I ever decide to use shells w/o a proxy. Thanks! +rep

#15 Froakie

Froakie
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

Any idea how much time an account should be frozen for before sending a ticket back? o:

#16 Amie

Amie
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

Any idea how much time an account should be frozen for before sending a ticket back? o:

>>

I would wait 4-8 days or so before taking any other action, as otherwise it looks suspicious.

#17 nabot

nabot
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

very helpful, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users