100 replies to this topic

#1 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

i0MW9Jv4ri7Kq.png

As some of you may have seen earlier, I posted a status update wanting to gauge the popularity of a possible Halloween Costume Contest for our members. I thought, it would probably be best served in a forum post than in statuses seeing as statuses get bumped down quite quickly and a lot of people wouldn't read it anyway.

So without further ado, who wants one?

Prizes will be discussed here in the thread once we come up with some ideas of what to offer. If you wish to donate ANYTHING to the competition (providing we get enough people wanting to do it), please either post here, or PM me if you wish to remain anonymous.

I'll get the ball rolling and provide a free attic shell with 10mill (in ETS form) pre-loaded on it. The person who wins it may use it for their own benefit OR feel free to resell it. Up to you.

Once we have a good list of prizes sorted out, I shall divide them up (relatively evenly) amongst the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places for people to aim for. There will be a special prize for a random entry that will be chosen by the random number generator on Random.org. The way this works is, each entrant will be assigned a number from 1 to however many total entries we get in order of submission times (Say you enter your photo first to me after entries open, you will receive the number 1 and so on and so forth). This range then gets inputted into the number generator and will spit out a random number. The person who's number comes up, will win the special prize. The staff will be asked to choose one entry of the lot as their favourite, these entries will receive a random prize too.

I will keep this thread open until next Friday, 18th October to gauge interest and pool some prizes. Providing we get a decent amount of interest (I'm sure we will), I will then start the entry period, which will run from the 18th October until the 1st November (so people who go trick or treating can submit their entries up until just after All Hallows Eve (I wanna see some pics of you out and about if this is the case).

ENTRIES ARE OPEN!!!

*entries are to be sent in to myself by 1st November, 11:59PM NST. No entries will be accepted after this time*

Bonus prizes will be handed out at random to people who feature something about Neocodex in their photo. This can be anything you think of (that is not detrimental to the site of course, NOTHING illegal either please, entrants will be DQ'ed/possibly reprimanded if they wish to test the waters with this).

There will be a poll up from Saturday, 2nd November @ 12:00am NST and you guys can vote on your favourites until Wednesday, 6th November, 12:00am NST. Prizes will be awarded after the topic/poll is closed.

K, GO!!!!

Guidelines for entry:

Spoiler

Prizes donated so far:

Spoiler

#2 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

I think this is a great idea and would be willing to contribute a shell with a "morphing fun pack" on it (items for morphing/painting pets and petpets). Anyway, I am going to bed soon but will get in touch by message within the next couple of days to let you know more specifically what would be included.

#3 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

I think this is a great idea and would be willing to contribute a shell with a "morphing fun pack" on it (items for morphing/painting pets and petpets). Anyway, I am going to bed soon but will get in touch by message within the next couple of days to let you know more specifically what would be included.

Sounds great! Thanks Kordelia :)

#4 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

i'd love to enter! :)

but perhaps the general rules need to be laid out first... can we submit photo-manipulations for the costume contest? do we REALLY have to wear the costume for the submission? (i've really low self-esteem lol)

#5 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

but perhaps the general rules need to be laid out first... can we submit photo-manipulations for the costume contest? do we REALLY have to wear the costume for the submission? (i've really low self-esteem lol)

No and it doesn't have to be you but someone must be wearing it.

Edited by Ulfsaar, 09 October 2013 - 04:43 AM.

#6 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

No and it doesn't have to be you but someone must be wearing it.

oh ok. :)

#7 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:19 AM

Argh I wish I were 9 months preggo again... I have a fantastic outfit for that.

#8 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

Soooo if my costume is based on my acting of it... i.e. it's an impersonation of it and the actual impression is what makes the costume what it is, can I upload a video of me doing this impression?

#9 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

Can I be Shrouded or Cyo for Halloween?

#10 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Even if I can't participate, I am definitely dressing up. Army girl again this year? Hmm.

#11 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

Can I be Shrouded or Cyo for Halloween?

Can I be Scot or sprocket?

#12 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

Can I be Scot or sprocket?

No, cause they have bigger muscles than you.

#13 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

No, cause they have bigger muscles than you.

Girls don't have muscles.

#14 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Actually, it WOULD be nice to know some guidelines (and hey maybe there can be categories: real-worn costumes versus designed/manipulated ones)? I won't be wearing an actual costume to enter, but if it were allowed, I might go so far as to dress the family feline (poor baby!)...or a plushie...or even come up with a purely photo-manipulated costume.

#15 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

I'll organise some guidelines later once I get home from work ;)

#16 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

I'm game

#17 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

If mishelle's doing it, I have to.

#18 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

If mishelle's doing it, I have to.

That's racist maybe?

#19 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

That's racist maybe?

No he's locked in a law binding contract that states that anytime Mishelle participates in a Halloween contest on a Neopets related forum then he has to also take part in said contest.

#20 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

we haven't done this thing before right? :o

#21 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

we haven't done this thing before right? :o

Someone attempted last year, but there wasn't enough support.

#22 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

oh i see. :D well, seeing strat already made a pretty banner for this one, i'm sure this one will be held soon, whee! :)

#23 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

This one's gonna ROCK!!!!!  :neocodex:

#24 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

Yeah, last year we sort of left it to the last minute (like a few days before Halloween) to organise it :/ This year we wanted to do something along the same lines but be a bit more proactive about things :) We didn't have any prizes last year which is possibly another reason that not many people participated. I hope that with some prizes on offer, we get a better turn out.

There will be another surprise on Halloween too. Be sure to visit the forum then or you will miss out ;)

Updated the OP with some guidelines and also a bit of a description of the prize donated by Kordelia.

#25 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

I'll be submitting something most likely very goofy and entirely NOT within the guidelines of the contest for winning prizes...I just want to have a bit of goofy fun.  :yahoo:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users