#28 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:52 AM

"Always."
(; Should be able to guess.

I've never seen the word "Always" in a book. Whatever is it from?

My favorite book quote: Vonnegut.
"So it goes."

Favorite movie quote: From Mad Max
"I am the night rider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am a rocker. I am a roller. I'm an out-of-controller!"

#29 Deegow

Deegow
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

"Violence also frightens the one who practices it..."

I'm not sure how he said it exactly, because i didnt read the book in english, but...basically this was said by a boy to his only friend on a school full of bullies.

Movie/Book: Ondskan

#30 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

NOBODY MAKES ME BLEED MY OWN BLOOD... NOBODY!!

-Dodgeball

#31 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

"Oh shut up. Every time it rains, it stops raining. Every time you hurt, you heal. After darkness, there is always light and you get reminded of this every morning but still you choose to believe that the night will last forever. Nothing lasts forever. Not the good or the bad. So you might as well smile while you're here."  - "The Return to Green" in I Wrote This For You.

"The bad news is, your choices and intentions, some people and places, those nights spent awake and all you've done, can lead you to the bottom of the pit. The good news is, this wouldn't be the first time someone's crawled, tooth and nail, out of hell." - "The Ground Will Give Way" in I Wrote This For You.

#32 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:01 PM

And in the middle of them, with filthy body, matted hair, and unwiped nose, Ralph wept for the end of innocence, the darkness of man’s heart, and the fall through the air of the true, wise friend called Piggy.

Lord of the flies - William Golding

Man is the only creature that consumes without producing. He does not give milk, he does not lay eggs, he is too weak to pull the plough, he cannot run fast enough to catch rabbits. Yet he is lord of all the animals. He sets them to work, he gives back to them the bare minimum that will prevent them from starving, and the rest he keeps for himself.

George Orwell - Animal farm

I want you to remember Clark, In all the years to come, in your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat, I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

Muthafuckin batman

By then she was dead. In fact, she may have been dead a while ago. Physically, several seconds ago, mentally, ages ago.

Battle royale.

#33 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:12 AM

My favorite bible verse (it's a book, right?)

"The king was deeply moved, and went up to the chamber over the gate, and wept; and as he went, he said, "O my son Absalom, my son, my son Absalom! Would God I had died in place of thee, O Absalom, my son, my son!" 2 Samuel 18:33

And in turn, my favorite parable from the Tripitaka (buddhist scripture)

"Reverend Nagasena," said the King, "is it true that nothing transmigrates and yet there is rebirth?"
"Yes, your Majesty."
"How can this be?... Give me an illustration."
"Suppose, your Majesty, a man lights one lamp from another - does the one lamp transmigrate to the other?"
"No, your Reverence."
"So there is rebirth without anything transmigrating!"

I'll come back with less liturgical quotes later :p

#34 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

The last scene from Encounters at the End of the World. It's definitely more meaningful in context, but it's still a good scene. Undoubtedly my favorite documentary.

Edited by Bone, 11 March 2014 - 12:23 PM.

#35 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

3d57bd598a046508349883f3edc3224f.jpg

The Princess Bride, one of my all-time favorite movies.

#36 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

We only carry sizes 1, 3 and 5. You could try Sears.

-Mean Girls

AND MY AXE

-LotR

NSFW:

Spoiler

I am so sorry

#37 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

That's a shit quote. You're banned from this thread for crimes against class/decorum.

#38 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:50 PM

"And that's the thing about people who mean everything they say. They think everyone else does too." - Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner.

"I opened my mouth, almost said something. Almost. The rest of my life might have turned out differently if I had. But I didn't." - Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner.

"Where man can't live gods fare no better." Cormac McCarthy, The Road.

"I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am." - Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar. 

"Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss, Cat in the Hat. 

#39 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:41 AM

3d57bd598a046508349883f3edc3224f.jpg

The Princess Bride, one of my all-time favorite movies.

One of my all-time favorites as well! <3

"To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it careful round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket-- safe, dark, motionless, airless-- it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable... The only place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers of love is Hell."

C.S. Lewis quote, cant remember which book atm.

"Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.

Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?

Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for."

And this ^ ((is this actually in the books, I'm ashamed to say I haven't read them yet)) from LoTR of course.

#40 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:23 AM

The Boss's dialogue from Snake Eater was amazing.

"What about you, Jack? What's it going to be? Loyalty to your country, or loyalty to me? Your country, or your old mentor? The mission, or your beliefs? Your duty to your unit, or your personal feelings? You don't know the truth yet. But sooner or later you'll have to choose."

#41 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:32 AM

Hmm upgrades

#42 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:17 AM

"If I wasn't a transvestite terrorist, would you marry me?"
-Breakfast on Pluto

"But why would you want concrete, if you can have whatever you want?"
-Weekend

"We are no longer the knights who say NI. We are now the knights who say... EEKIEEKIEEKIPTANG. ZOOM-BOING, Z'NOURRWRGNM!"
-Monty Python, Holy Grail

"...and so he tried to accept the ache in his heart as what Dr Larch would call the common symptoms of normal life."

-The Cider House Rules, John Irving

"I have no right to call myself one who knows. I was one who seeks, and I still am, but I no longer seek in the stars or in books; I'm beginning to hear the teachings of my blood pulsing within me. My story isn't pleasant, it's not sweet and harmonious like the invented stories; it tastes of folly and bewilderment, of madness and dream, like the life of all people who no longer want to lie to themselves."

-Demian, Hermann Hesse

"It may help to understand human affairs to  be clear, that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or being fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people."

-Good Omens, Neil Gaiman

#43 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:31 AM

"The situation is shit, but it's the fertilizer of our future." - Lennart Meri, 2nd President of Estonia.

#44 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

Hodor said, "Hodor."

#45 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

"I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane." - George Orwell, 1984

"There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; there is only the comparison of one state with another. Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss. It is necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.....the sum of all human wisdom will be contained in these two words: Wait and Hope." - Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!" - Dr. Strangelove

#46 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

I like your taste Waser, two of my favorite books right there, great film as well.

#47 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:47 PM

"I was calm on the outside but thinking all the time." - A Clockwork Orange. 

“A stirring warmth flowed from her, as if her heart was trying to come out to you concealed in one of those breathless, thrilling words.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby.

"I have always depended on the kindness of strangers." Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Desire.

“I love life - that’s my real weakness. I love it so much that I am incapable of imagining what is not life.” Albert Camus, The Fall.

“I like people who dream or talk to themselves interminably; I like them, for they are double. They are here and elsewhere.” - Albert Camus, The Fall.

#48 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:04 PM

I am in love with My Wish List by Grégoire Delacourt. I just picked it up a few minutes ago and I'll probably finish this short read before I sleep.

"So you see, we always tell ourselves lies. Because love would never stand up to the truth."

"It's only in books that you can change your life. Wipe out everything in a stroke. Do away with the weight of things. Delete the nasty parts, and then at the end of the sentence suddenly find yourself on the far side of the world."

#49 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:40 PM

"Alice, you cannot live your life to please others. The choice must be yours, because when you step out to face that creature, you will step out alone." - Alice in Wonderland (2010)

#50 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:56 PM

At the temple there is a poem called “Loss” carved into the stone. It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You cannot read loss, only feel it.
—  Memoirs of a Geisha

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: books, movies, quotes, awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users