The Perilous Catacombs
Underneath Neovia lies a vast network of tunnels and chambers built by dark magic. The evil family that had it constructed is long gone, but many strange and spooky things lurk down here. It's the perfect hiding place for a monster on the run from our favourite Monster Hunters...
Click on a door in the map below in order to proceed. You must find your way to the exit... before too many curses pile up!
Ok, there is no official guide up yet, but the theory in boards is that each door has a solution that works most of the times (unless there are some random evil dudes behind the door). Below is what discovered this far.
- Glowing door = Slip
- Growing... = Offer your services as a mediator
- A faint whisper rustles behind the door, -- rhyming in couplets, = Say hello friendly
- An unearthly moan ripples through the door, echoing around the room. = Knock on the door politely
- -- old camping song in the next room. --They sound sort of hoarse, though. = Stomp your feet emphatically
- All you hear past the door is silence. -- This is just an ordinary silence. = Knock on the door politely
- Behind the door, you can easily hear an argument. = Take sides in the argument
- Talking about weather or luggage = open door boisterously
- Banjos = Hum along
- Huge snores = Slip in all quiet and sneaky-like
Also, some curses disrupt your ability to use the correct solution. For example Curse of Clobbering seems to make you clumsy and make polite knocking fail.
I try to keep this updated and link any in-depth guides that I come across.
edit: Jellyneo has a guide up: http://www.jellyneo...._eating_contest Currently just a basic how-to and some curse effects.
Half-completed door / answer guide: http://www.neopets.com/~camia_quroc
Check out the solution discussion on the boards: THE SOLUTION TO EACH DOOR, if it's already gone check out more recent one in the Neovian Spooky Food Eating Contest boards.
Riddle door guide: http://www.neopets.com/~ilas
edit: Neopets Perilous Catacombs Solver by Waser Lave: http://userscripts.o...s/review/180885
Edited by mintpro, 28 October 2013 - 12:23 PM.