• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#251 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

It does!

Wouldn't it be funny if we don't get a trophy or avatar from this? Those Neoboard people at floor 100+ would be pretty pissed off.

I think we're all going to be pretty pissed lol

#252 Singer

Singer
  • 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

I hope to get +100 floors today...

#253 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

Intriguingly, this door has a face on it. You're pretty sure that's not normal. Then again, you are wandering around in an evil lair, so maybe talking doors are regulation here.

Laughing at your uneasiness, the door growls, "What breaks apart, comes back together, and hands out morphing potions?"

I chose the "The Neggery" answer (to prove that I wasn't wrong in something -see below) and...

"Oh, clever, clever." The door laughs maniacally, then stops abruptly to glare at you. "You were lucky."

You receive Haaaarrd Boiled Egg!

Earlier I thought I was imagining because I chose the "Yurble" answer by accident on that "What wears a bow in the morning, but glasses at night?" question.

So, are these riddles random now too or neopets continues to joke with me on this too?
Because these faced doors used to be the ones I had 100% sure to get a prize, and now...  :angry 
(with the other doors, even when there's only one right answer, -accordingly to jellyneo- for me it is still random)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm on level 74 and I didn't quit yet because I'm afraid we might get something in the end, like already someone said here, an avatar or something, but this is annoying and frustrating, mostly because when other people are getting a lot of items I'm lucky if I finish a level with ONE.
I feel so stupid and SCAMMED by TNT.  :ohwell: 

Edited by athayde, 28 October 2013 - 07:06 AM.

#254 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

Finally got it to work.... YAY me... might look at rewriting some of it though, it's selected 5 wrong answers so far

There are some doors where there's more than one answer which can be right (it depends on who is behind the door) so there's no way to get 100% of them correct.

You can see the questions and responses here:

http://www.jellyneo...._eating_contest

Anyway, I've added the script to the userscripts website so it's easier to re-install when it gets updated:

http://userscripts.o...s/review/180885

#255 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

, 10/23/2013, 3:23 pm NST

[sarcastic]
I like specially when, even choosing the "correct" method to open a door, I get a curse that doesn't let me get any prize, or steals the ones (prize) I already have and I end up with 0 (zero) to choose in the end of the level. laughing.gif
[/sarcastic]

Got this comment on JN. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

The door is glowing. That can't be healthy. Maybe your eyes are playing tricks on you?

Only possible answer AND the one I chose:

"Slip in all quiet and sneaky-like"

Result:

Nothing responds. Inside, you find a glowing Gelatinous Non-Cube, waking up. It doesn't look happy to find you in its room. At least it doesn't look hungry. You've heard stories about a temple in the Lost Desert. You don't want to be eaten.

You are cursed with Curse of Fatigue!

You feel like you should thank it for not consuming you, but Kell drags you away.

I am not crazy.

And with this one:

All you hear past the door is silence. It's a deep, velvety hush that crushes all hope of escape or seeing a better tomorrow. It is the sound that comes after the last bell in the universe tolls its last peal—wait, wrong script. This is just an ordinary silence.

the only thing that woks for me is the  "Knock on the door politely", even though any of the three answers can be correct depending on who's behind the door.

Edited by athayde, 28 October 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#256 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

I haven't been getting prizes for my past like 10 levels, is that just bad luck?

#257 Claudem

Claudem
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

I haven't been getting prizes for my past like 10 levels, is that just bad luck?

:p I would assume so. What level are you on?

#258 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

So, I think it's safe to assume this is unlimited and will end on the 31st...

Also, probably pretty safe to assume this event BLEW!

#259 Singer

Singer
  • 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

I'm at +100 floor... and i'm winning items yet.

#260 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:55 AM

I'm at +100 floor... and i'm winning items yet.

What items? The same old garbage, or did they deflate even more items?

#261 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

I'm past caring about this ridiculous catacomb thing.

#262 Singer

Singer
  • 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

What items? The same old garbage, or did they deflate even more items?

They're the same items... D:

#263 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:11 AM

welp... that's enough for me

#264 Singer

Singer
  • 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

But the perilous catacombs should have a exact number of floors... So you can find the Grumble ( this would be the right thing

)

#265 Vibe

Vibe
  • 469 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

I agree. There better be a site theme/an avatar for this catacomb. <___<

#266 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

This better turn out to be something more interesting, like some plot challengers that don't have 10 billion hp.

#267 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

I feel like I should at least get to 100 in case... Even though it seems like a bit much

#268 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

I don't get everyone complaining, I'm at +100 and it didn't take me more than 20 min a day.

#269 haoxiangni

haoxiangni
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

The only fatigue I'm getting is due to how long this part of the event is.

#270 Singer

Singer
  • 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

Really if you use Waser's userscript, you can down fast and easily

#271 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

In case you were doubting my intelligence, I just realized Kell's name was "Kell". I thought it was Keil and have been saying "KEEL KYLE KALE" EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I read the name.

I'm at level 90 and I think I'm finally getting all the prizes from the pool.

#272 Guest_suckitTNT_*

Guest_suckitTNT_*

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

I think it's really ridiculous how many levels this has gone on for...  Did they build a skyscraper underground or something? lol
Surely they realized how many people were hungry to attack this step.  Why did they make it so long?
I get creeped out by the way Kell looks at you and says we need to go deeper :unsure: 

#273 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

I think it's really ridiculous how many levels this has gone on for...  Did they build a skyscraper underground or something? lol
Surely they realized how many people were hungry to attack this step.  Why did they make it so long?
I get creeped out by the way Kell looks at you and says we need to go deeper :unsure: 

Most Neopets species are less than 100cm tall so one level could actually take up relatively little space. :p

#274 cuttingedge

cuttingedge
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

the only reason i'm still playing it is because of the script. i don't know who thought this would actually be appealing in any way. "hey, you know what kids would really love? clicking doors up to 1000 times and getting free junk!" "yea let's do that, but first let's make a really long drawn out backstory that involves solving the same monotonous puzzle for over a week"

#275 wlombeida

wlombeida
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Hello all. Great topic!

I am having a noobie problem installing the script. Maybe it is because I want to do it in Mac OS X:

Installed Chrome to the latest version and...

Install Tampermonkey… checked

Download catacombs.user.js… checked

Click on TamperM icon and drag&drop catacombs.user.js… checked

Now what??? I saw some little icons below "editor" tab, and one had a check symbol (good feeling about that), so I press it:

lines 6, 17, 24, 37, 47, 52, 56, 78, 87, and 88 have a yellow triangle with exclamation point!

lines 9,18, 21, 38-44, 49, 60, 61, 63, 66, 68, and 76 have a green circle with an i

line 75 has a red circle with an x

Anyway I tried to run the script. It just doesn't seem to work.

HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank you!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users