Quantcast

Photo

Barely making 100k a day despite having Advanced Membership... am I doing something wrong?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 vicodin

vicodin
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

I recently bought Advanced to give Abrosia a try.

I wasn't expecting to make tens of milions of NP a day... but at least a couple of hundred thousand? Scot's ABing guide shows him making approx. 1 mil a day using his safe settings (although I understand he made the guide back in 2011). But I've also PMed a few of the members on this site who claim that they make tens to hundreds of millions of NP a year using Advanced membership Abrosia so... I don't know what the problem is.

I'm using relatively safe settings (5-11 refresh rate, .9-1.3 OCR + Pre-haggle rate). I've been ABing in Toy, Book, Plushie, Mystical Surroundings and a smidgen in Stamp just to get a feel for it. I've been taking breaks in between ~2 hour ABing session three times a day (so ~5-6 hours in total). I have the profit threshold to be 5000np so I was expecting to be picking up dozens of items a day but it turns out that I only pick up ~10. I have had the Advanced for 3 days and I've barely made 300k in profits. I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining... 300k is a lot of NP for doing absolutely nothing but still... were my expectations unrealistic? I just want to make sure that I'm not missing anything.

I've been playing around with settings but it's not like I even miss a ton of things. If anything the problem I find is that the program seems to buy items that AREN'T profitable. I.e. I bought a scarab in the Coin shop for 8787 only to discover that people are selling it in the shops for less than 2k... Is this bugged? Am I looking at the wrong shops?

Edited by vicodin, 23 October 2013 - 06:36 PM.

#2 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

What would Ray say about this situation.... hmmm....

"That's the way she goes."

BUT SERIOUSLY! Sorry to hear luck ain't your lady tonight :/ but it's only been 3 days! Stay positive! Sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't. I have my times where I get nothing or very little for days, but that's the nature of the beast. Maybe lower your refresh time a little to like... 4or5-8, You also have to take into consideration when you're running it. I usually check how many users are currently online, and if it's over 10K I don't even waste my time.

GOOD LUCK! You'll get your score.

Edited by aNEWvision, 23 October 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#3 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

Just a small bit of advice here: Check if the shop is packed before ABing there. Three out of the four shops you have mentioned do have the tendency to be at max capacity (has all rows filled with items) and thus won't restock anything. That may be a part of it. That and there are much better shops out there. It's up to you to find out what those shops are. I promise you, it's not Magic/Weapons/Defence/Stamps/Coins that I mostly AB from. I've been making 200K a day on days when I do actually AB on an account younger than 4 months. It's possible.

As for your settings, the actual settings you  put into the ABer is neglible. What matters is the buy times that pop up. Anything above 2000ms is too long and anything below 1500ms is borderline risky. Your refresh settings is pretty good though. It doesn't get you shop banned as quickly.

As for the overpriced scarab issue, it's mostly a matter of our database not getting data on those items for whatever reason or TNT creates events that gives those items, drastically reducing their prices like the Spooky Food Eating Contest. 

#4 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Yeah, check if the shop is full. Also, 3 days is kind of low to determine whether the shops are good or not. I have had a few days where I abed nothing and a few days where I abed over 2 million nps profit. Also, there are quite a few unpriced items in the database, make sure you ab those as well as they are generally good. Finally, what's your internet speed? As previously said, having too slow of a buy time can be frustrating, you might want to increase some settings if your internet is really slow.

#5 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

The age of your account also has contributing factors to how you do when ABing. Also, you can't really do anything about who wants to buy what and when. My advice is to stick to one of the less frequent but still relevant shops such as Spooky Foods. Get your shop size built up so you can keep more items stocked. Go for lower profit margins. It's not going to happen over night. Making 500k+ daily takes time. Napiform and I are just now getting to where we're seeing decent profits daily but it is from a wide range and mix of programs and familiarity with the various markets.

#6 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

In the interest of full disclosure, I hit 3 months old today.

#7 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

I suck with earning NPs unless I play games every day...but I don't AB. It's just not my thing.

#8 mst3kluv

mst3kluv
  • 156 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

I'm going to be two weeks old. :(

I'm sticking to ABing in Igloo until I hit one month.

Edited by mst3kluv, 23 October 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#9 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

For my two cents: for some reason I haven't been getting anything recently, but my profit margin is about 25k-50k so I can't really say.

3 days really is too short of a time to decide, you should try going the entire month first. Remember a lot of things factor into restocking - the number of people, your speed (you can check by buying something from Tiki Tack's with a 1np profit to see what your speed is) and what actually restocks.

#10 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

neo is ded

abandon ship

#11 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

those who are making millions a day maybe do so with multiple shells, just saying.

i'm having little luck with AB too... my profit usually range from 0-20k lol. i AB mainly to fill up my shops and make them look crowded. it's about the little things, you know. :p

#12 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

I made about 13 mil this month rsing in stamp and magic on safe settings about 4 hrs a day, 4-5 times a week.
Tbh, I don't care too much if I get frozen. Im taking the YOLO approach because I can sense neo's impending doom as Scot said.

At first I tried ABing in the shops that you do, but the items I was getting were too HTS or did not give a large enough profit margin.

Actually I think I started off in bakery, because that was profitable for me in 2011.. but not anymore. The shop gets really backed up too when it didn't used to. After almost 4 weeks I'm STILL trying to sell these bakery items which have deflated like crazy over the years.

Tried plushie as well, but missed almost everything

Edited by Jam, 23 October 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#13 vicodin

vicodin
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

Thanks for all of the advice! I'll be sure to take all of this into consideration. What is this impending Neopets doom you speak of though? It's been a while since I've actively played Neopets but I don't see many differences between now and 2008?

#14 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

That's a whole other topic really.. and there's a few threads pertaining to it already.

Basically there's a lot more unhappy players than there used to be. Over a 10 year span almost all of my NFs have quit, been frozen, or just hardly play. I don't see a large influx of new players because neopets isn't doing much promote the site like it used to with the mcdix toys for example. Boards are a lot slower than they were in say 2004-2006.

For the most part its just an intuitive thing. Feels like the site lost its buzz, except for the people that are addicted to NC.

#15 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

Thanks for all of the advice! I'll be sure to take all of this into consideration. What is this impending Neopets doom you speak of though? It's been a while since I've actively played Neopets but I don't see many differences between now and 2008?

In 2008, # of players online peaked at around 50k + and nowadays, it's less than 15k I believe. With that, I believe HTS are gonna be harder to sell and there are going to be less nubs clearing out shops for rsers than in 2008.

Edited by jinq, 24 October 2013 - 05:34 AM.

#16 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

neo is ded

abandon ship

agreed.
Go all out with your AB, imo, but stick with your original settings with the program buying in the big main shops: magic, stamps etc. As for your profit margin make sure it's at least 5-10k. You should be making decent profit-- just don't AB at such abnormally long hours and you'll be fine.

and account age matters, yeah.

#17 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

Abing in magic with normal settings? Gl with that.

#18 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

Abing in magic with normal settings? Gl with that.

don't need it. Already getting good ABs even with 1.7k-1.9k ms haggle
but thanks, babe. <3

#19 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

don't need it. Already getting good ABs even with 1.7k-1.9k ms haggle
but thanks, babe. <3

Nice, last time I abed magic with default settings I got 10 missed items in a row.

#20 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

Nice, last time I abed magic with default settings I got 10 missed items in a row.

Considering that it's one of the most competitive shops on the site I don't see why that should be surprising. lol

#21 mst3kluv

mst3kluv
  • 156 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

Noob question:How do you manage to not get frozen in magic?

#22 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

Noob question:How do you manage to not get frozen in magic?

Noob answer: By not ABing there. There's a great chance of being frozen there even if you never successfully ABed an item from there at all.

#23 mst3kluv

mst3kluv
  • 156 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

Ahh...okay.

I'm sticking with books.

#24 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

Noob answer: By not ABing there. There's a great chance of being frozen there even if you never successfully ABed an item from there at all.

Yeah, people who legitimately RS there get frozen, It's a death trap

#25 Ruri

Ruri
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

All this talk about it being safe to YOLO is great to hear, tbh. I've been playing it safe with clothing but I've barely made 2 mil in a month, and that's with frequently RSing items over 80k+. In fact, I have a shop filled to the brim with at least 4+ mill worth of items. 

I'd be surprised if neo could still find the time and energy to ban people for just RSing in "high-risk" shops now that their player base has declined so much. Can they really afford to freeze people so much? Meh. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users