Quantcast

Photo

Wild Hair Contest #1

contest new

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

:wub:  THEME:  "What makes you TRULY happy?"  :wub:

STARTS: NOW!

ENTRIES DUE: 4:00 PM NST Tuesday, November 19th

VOTING ENDS:  4:00 PM NST Tuesday, November 26th

My hair is always a mess, and "wild hair" is a funky phrase anyway (some of you may be too young to recall the use, but trust me, it's funny).  :lol2: Though I haven't been active here at Codex for long, I'd like to start a contest that (hopefully, if the winner wishes to carry on with it...and if he/she doesn't, I likely will do so anyway) will contribute to the cool things regularly going on here.

RULES:

1)  THIS CONTEST ACTUALLY DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH HAIR. (Just thought that I would clarify...I was simply rambling above!)  ;)

2)  Submit a PHOTO representing something that, according to the theme listed at the top of this post, makes you truly happy. Only your creativity limits what entries could actually be.

3)  Photos can be either untouched or filtered; size limit is 500 x 500 pixels.

Aside from these three "rules", general rules such as NOT including your username in your entry, as well as not doing anything that would subvert anything counted among the overall Neocodex rules (illegal stuff, etc., WILL NOT be allowed and WILL be disqualified), should be followed. Please submit your entries to me via message prior to the due date, and it would be greatly appreciated if you submitted your images using imageshack.us or tinypic.com.

PRIZES: Hmmmm...interesting question!!!

I don't yet have anything as amazing as the trophies we have seen for other contests (though may try to come up with some), but I am offering a $10 NC card code; other prize donations would be gladly appreciated but are definitely not expected! 

packages-0883974001343793150.png

Edited by Kordelia, 13 November 2013 - 05:13 PM.

#2 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:21 AM

so we submit our hairstyles is that it? i have really short hair though... i don't stand a chance lol.

#3 Mccallo

Mccallo
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

Whelp gl,
I would love to join but i have short hair as well

#4 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:20 AM

Borrow your family or friends toupet's, wigs or weaves!

#5 Mccallo

Mccallo
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:44 AM

Lololol
All my family's hair is real though :/

#6 Florg

Florg
  • 711 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:56 AM

Lololol

Have someone with long hair stand beside you and borrow it? ;D

#7 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

Lololol

Grab a family member and have them follow you around, place their hair upon your head. Win.

#8 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

borrow d's girlfriend's hair

#9 Mccallo

Mccallo
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

I rather not just enter,
But will vote for sure
U guys are hillaaarious

#10 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

I rather not just enter,
But will vote for sure
U guys are hillaaarious

Short-form beat poetry?

#11 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

Short-form beat poetry?

I thought it was a neglectful attempt at a haiku, but yours work better.

#12 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

I thought it was a neglectful attempt at a haiku, but yours work better.

Always remember
Never underestimate
Syllables' power.

#13 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

Nope, you don't have to submit anything at all related to hair...it's just the name of the contest for the sake of giving it a name, but just an image depicting "what TRULY makes you happy". :)

#14 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

So we can take a photo of something and send it in to you? I'd love an excuse to pull the old camera out of semi-retirement xD

#15 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

So we can take a photo of something and send it in to you? I'd love an excuse to pull the old camera out of semi-retirement xD

It'd be interesting to have a photography contest... show off some not-computer related skillz.

#16 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif

#17 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

Arman Super Saiyan > All.

#18 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

It'd be interesting to have a photography contest... show off some not-computer related skillz.

Actually...this is a super-awesome idea...I like it! I'm going to the office shortly but will update the post later tonight to reflect that this is a photo-type thing. I hadn't given this thought really at all, but it really would be a bit of variety as compared with the computer image creation things going on (and variety is always good). :)

I have edited the original post...I hope that it is more clear now.

#19 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Ahh darn. The contest is now a free for all photo creativity contest? I just got my rainbow weave done /pouts

#20 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

Ahh darn. The contest is now a free for all photo creativity contest? I just got my rainbow weave done /pouts

Take a pic of the rainbow weave, it will inspire ALL of us and be a great entry! ;)

This is the first contest I've randomly come up with and decided to host...having said as much, I doubt that I will get much interest or participation, but by golly...everyone has to start somewhere with this stuff, right? I therefore hope that, despite not necessarily being as well-defined as some would prefer it to be, that everyone who enters has some fun. :)

#21 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

It's a great contest. The title is misleading, but the content is amazing. I'm definitely entering ;)

#22 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

Thanks all...I appreciate the participation though am sorry the title is misleading...that's just kind of how I roll sometimes. *lol*

#23 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

Bump get those entries in.

7c3f371ee3b36205f7ef132608f35e33.gif

Do it Now

#24 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

Thank you all so much for entering! Entries are now CLOSED, and I will get a voting board up ASAP.  :wub:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contest, new

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users