Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

like the tags say, me being nude is a tradition

#27 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

I get to see my parents during the holidays. I go to a college far away from home and only come back once a year.

#28 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

We're too lazy to set up an actual tree nowadays so we just have this really gorgeous light tree that you can plug in and it lights up and it's all pretty and stuff.

What a sentence.

We usually set up our lights ~3 weeks before Christmas (haven't done it yet, oops laziness), but they're on until Chinese New Year so that kind of justifies the lateness???

Also lots of late-night family/friends parties woohoo ~~ time to play League of Legends with friends

I usually go skiing too... hopefully I'll be able to go more often this year since I think I'll need the practice for my school's ski team. :|

#29 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

Elf on The Shelf Day 1, he appeared on our Christmas Tree while the kids were having a bath, they named him "Red":

Spoiler

#30 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:42 PM

Elf on The Shelf Day 1, he appeared on our Christmas Tree while the kids were having a bath, they named him "Red":

Spoiler

That elf has such a dirty look about him. It concerns me.

#31 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

I don't like "Elf on a Shelf". It brings such an active level to the deception of children around Christmas that it makes me uncomfortable. I think Christmas is going to be a tricky thing to handle, as a parent.

#32 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

I don't like "Elf on a Shelf". It brings such an active level to the deception of children around Christmas that it makes me uncomfortable. I think Christmas is going to be a tricky thing to handle, as a parent.

Yeah, my brother bought it for them and before that I didn't like them for two reasons.
1) The hype (I'm such a hipster.)
2) They are creepy as hell in appearance.

But I figured what the hell, why not. The kids enjoy it so I'll continue through December. 
They have bigger imaginations than anything I could ever plant in their brains anyway.

That elf has such a dirty look about him. It concerns me.

Right? On Facebook I made a point of calling him a creeper. He's up to no-good I tell you. 
If I wake up and a single thing is out of place, I will kill it with fire.

#33 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

Yeah, my brother bought it for them and before that I didn't like them for two reasons.
1) The hype (I'm such a hipster.)
2) They are creepy as hell in appearance.

But I figured what the hell, why not. The kids enjoy it so I'll continue through December. 
They have bigger imaginations than anything I could ever plant in their brains anyway.

I guess I'd just be worried about the girls getting neurotic over the elf watching them if they forget, misbehave, and remember later. Christmas could be *overdramatically* ruined! I can definitely see one of them doing that xD

#34 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

I guess I'd just be worried about the girls getting neurotic over the elf watching them if they forget, misbehave, and remember later. Christmas could be *overdramatically* ruined! I can definitely see one of them doing that xD

I could see it with older kids for sure. But Braden and Chase are only 2 and 3 and probably won't behave any better or worse for it :p 
When they get a bit older they might understand better. For now it's just exciting for them to find him and see what shenanigans he's gotten into the night before.
(Which is kind of hypocritical of him, isn't it?) 

#35 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

I could see it with older kids for sure. But Braden and Chase are only 2 and 3 and probably won't behave any better or worse for it :p 
When they get a bit older they might understand better. For now it's just exciting for them to find him and see what shenanigans he's gotten into the night before.
(Which is kind of hypocritical of him, isn't it?)

Yes. It very much is.
Did you see the story about the parents who bring their kids toy dinosaurs "to life" each night, and set up little tableaus for the kids to discover each day?

https://medium.com/t...ty/6f4cb1886d41

#36 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

Yes. It very much is.
Did you see the story about the parents who bring their kids toy dinosaurs "to life" each night, and set up little tableaus for the kids to discover each day?

https://medium.com/t...ty/6f4cb1886d41

Yes! I think it was either you or Nymh that posted it before? It inspired some ideas for my elf but I don't think anything I do can compare to the awesome in that album. 

#37 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

Yes! I think it was either you or Nymh that posted it before? It inspired some ideas for my elf but I don't think anything I do can compare to the awesome in that album.

Probably Cristen, I don't think I posted it... I'm worried now, though xD

I like it better, because there's no qualification associated with it. You don't have to be good because the dinosaurs are watching. They're not telling the kids that the dinosaurs came to life. They're just presenting the situation, and rolling with it.

#38 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

Probably Cristen, I don't think I posted it... I'm worried now, though xD

I like it better, because there's no qualification associated with it. You don't have to be good because the dinosaurs are watching. They're not telling the kids that the dinosaurs came to life. They're just presenting the situation, and rolling with it.

The reasoning behind it rings really true for me though. Braden is three years old and knows how to use an ipad possibly better than I do. 
I like seeing him use his imagination, like we did back in our days as ankle biters. :p

I didn't really tell the kids the Elf was watching to make sure they're good, just that he'd be visiting every day until Christmas and it's our job to search for him each morning. Though, in the book it says they have to be good, can't touch him, don't break rules, say your prayers, etc.

#39 Ellea

Ellea
  • 147 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

My family stopped buying actual christmas trees for some reason a couple years back. Instead, we now take a twig from the front yard and put it in a bowl on the counter. It's sort of like the Charlie Brown christmas tree, but lazier.

#40 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

The reasoning behind it rings really true for me though. Braden is three years old and knows how to use an ipad possibly better than I do. 
I like seeing him use his imagination, like we did back in our days as ankle biters. :p

I didn't really tell the kids the Elf was watching to make sure they're good, just that he'd be visiting every day until Christmas and it's our job to search for him each morning. Though, in the book it says they have to be good, can't touch him, don't break rules, say your prayers, etc.

I agree. There are good iPad programs that encourage imagination too, though. Children of <3 or even 4 don't always do so well with obviously adult-initiated imaginary play. That's another reason the dinosaurs are effective - it's technically child-initiated.

And... ew.

My family stopped buying actual christmas trees for some reason a couple years back. Instead, we now take a twig from the front yard and put it in a bowl on the counter. It's sort of like the Charlie Brown christmas tree, but lazier.

My Mum currently has a fake branch that is painted with fake snow-stuff. She loves it.
I think it looks tacky and gross - like much of the decorating in her flat. Words on the walls and so on.

The champagne themed bathroom works quite well, though.

#41 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

And... ew.

My thoughts exactly. 

#42 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

My thoughts exactly.

I don't understand people who think that discipline through lies is a good idea... or effective! As soon as they figure you out, you're fucked for the rest of forever.

#43 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

I don't understand people who think that discipline through lies is a good idea... or effective! As soon as they figure you out, you're fucked for the rest of forever.

Basically lol. 
I am still learning when it comes to parenting and behaviour. 
I think I have pretty well behaved children so far. Busy, but polite and well behaved.

#44 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

Basically lol. 
I am still learning when it comes to parenting and behaviour. 
I think I have pretty well behaved children so far. Busy, but polite and well behaved.

I have university training on behaviour management, and I'm still learning :p Complex little bastards, humans.

#45 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:33 PM

I have university training on behaviour management, and I'm still learning :p Complex little bastards, humans.

It terrifies me that they are only 2 and 3 and I have such a ways to go with them. They are behaved now, but the teenage years? Nope. I'll just hide under a rock.

#46 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

It terrifies me that they are only 2 and 3 and I have such a ways to go with them. They are behaved now, but the teenage years? Nope. I'll just hide under a rock.

Ahahahahatwoteenagegirlshittingpubertyatthesametimekillmenowokyes.

#47 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

Ahahahahatwoteenagegirlshittingpubertyatthesametimekillmenowokyes.

Yep. You and Cristen are in for a worrrrrrrld of stress me thinks lol

#48 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

Yep. You and Cristen are in for a worrrrrrrld of stress me thinks lol

Ah, well. We have a few relatively safe years to go before that.

A few... :crybaby:

#49 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

Ah, well. We have a few relatively safe years to go before that.

A few... :crybaby:

Those years will be gone before you know it :( 

#50 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

Those years will be gone before you know it :(

And then we all die.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: canaduh, merica, bog nudes, christmas, new years, stuff and things, napi legs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users