My work has slow internet, ok. 1v1 me bro :ninja2:

:ali:

#27 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:50 AM

Great news, Mike. It's a welcome change to see the administration actively taking interest in the community. I'm glad that you find the forum salvageable.

I can see myself being more active than posting a few days each month if these changes are implemented.

#28 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:26 AM

But.. it is.. Advanced+ is really not that difficult to get into. 

This. You have people like me, who every now and then, go through the member list looking for people to nominate.

#29 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:31 AM

This. You have people like me, who every now and then, go through the member list looking for people to nominate.

And Yung

#30 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:37 AM

I'm looking forward to these changing! I think they'll be a great step in the right direction for Codex!

#31 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

And Yung

idonknow951 would really appreciate advanced+.

#32 madelined

madelined
  • 234 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

Hooray for new changes!

#33 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

Hooray for new changes!

Hooray indeed xD

#34 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

how to make blueberry muffins to how to pull chicks in a club etc

Both of my specialties.

Kat for Life Hacks Leader 2013

#35 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

Has there been any internal discussion of another game to focus on along with Neopets? It would be a good opportunity to get the older members involved in something new as well as attracting a whole new user base that previously wouldn't have been exposed to our forum.

Plus, "join this Neopets forum, it has cool other sections too" is a lot harder sell than "join this gaming forum, it has cool other sections as well" because of stigmas associated with Neopets. Also something like a recruiting contest would be pretty pointless right now with the user base of Neopets so small and slowly shrinking. If we had a co-focus it would be much more productive.

Just trying to approach it from a business standpoint. Neopets is a slowly dying game, so if the forum is to survive long term (which seems to be a major goal judging by the shift to an LLC) the focus has to evolve somewhat.

And for the record, excited about the current changes. Just asking if we're taking it to the next level! :)

#36 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

Wow, these are some exciting changes! I'm looking forward to seeing how they effect the forum. :)

#37 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

Has there been any internal discussion of another game to focus on along with Neopets? It would be a good opportunity to get the older members involved in something new as well as attracting a whole new user base that previously wouldn't have been exposed to our forum.

This has always been a possibility. We once MapleStory and Gunbound as official games (but this was a long, long time ago).

We haven't made anything else an 'official game' (e.g. one with it's own forum) since then. I don't think we've ever had enough members interested in one game for there to be a need for a separate discussion board.

Personally I'm not against the idea though. There are new pet-sites spawning and we should collectively check 'em out. Maybe I'll start a Subeta or Marapets program and see if anyone is interested in it...

As an aside, the forums have not been changed in a long time and I think they definitely need to be reviewed at some point.

Plus, "join this Neopets forum, it has cool other sections too" is a lot harder sell than "join this gaming forum, it has cool other sections as well" because of stigmas associated with Neopets. Also something like a recruiting contest would be pretty pointless right now with the user base of Neopets so small and slowly shrinking. If we had a co-focus it would be much more productive.

Just trying to approach it from a business standpoint. Neopets is a slowly dying game, so if the forum is to survive long term (which seems to be a major goal judging by the shift to an LLC) the focus has to evolve somewhat.

I agree, I think the point of the changes outlined in the OP is to change is to change us back to the "come for the programs, stay for the community" ideology we had before.

#38 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

Personally I'm not against the idea though. There are new pet-sites spawning and we should collectively check 'em out. Maybe I'll start a Subeta or Marapets program and see if anyone is interested in it...

Powerpets ftw

#39 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

BRING BACK E-ZINE  :argh:

#40 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

We are still yet to figure out some of the logistics of it in regards to how we go about promoting people into this new usergroup (as well as the name, whether we use Private or another name for it), but it will happen. 

May I recommend Prestige or Prestigious

#41 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

As someone who has been lurking and active on and off over the last two years, looking forward to seeing how these changes play out.

Edited by L33T, 02 December 2013 - 03:19 PM.

#42 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

May I recommend Prestige or Prestigious?

This isn't Call of Duty.

#43 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

This isn't Call of Duty.

This is our chance.

#44 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

You should call it Ghost. 

:reaper:  (there was no ghost emoticon so here's a reaper)

#45 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

This is our chance.

I don't take big risks.

Do we want the Call of Duty audience?

#46 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

May I recommend Prestige or Prestigious

Prestige.. World wide...wide...wide...
Boats and hoes!

#47 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

I would be totally on board with a section about MMOs (cough ESO cough cough hack)

#48 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

I would be totally on board with a section about MMOs (cough ESO cough cough hack)

Tangling with a company like Bethesda, concerning a flagship product... shoo-ee. That's a whole different kettle of fish to what we do now :p

#49 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

I just want a beta key sob

#50 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

Maybe someone can start a discussion on what sort of other game(s) they would be interested in having a subforum for? That will give us an idea of where to start if we do add that in eventually. It probably won't happen for a while until we get this current stuff up and running, but we can start looking into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users