Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

I just want a beta key sob

Maybe we can have a Hearthstone subforum instead? :p

#52 Revisions

Revisions
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

Yay! This sounds pretty cool. ^_^ Always great to have staff who take such an active stance in improving things- definitely not the case with every place I know. 

...I suck at most artistic things, but still looking forward to seeing what you'll be doing with the contests. 

Edited by Revisions, 02 December 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#53 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

I don't take big risks.

Do we want the Call of Duty audience?

I fucked your mom. lolz you suck scrub, 360noscope u noob.

-edit- So I don't get warned, I'm not making fun of Elin, I'm making fun of all the CoD kids.

Edited by Futurama, 02 December 2013 - 08:58 PM.

#54 flea

flea
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

Hey this is good news I look forward to see how this plays out.

#55 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

Hi Arman.

#56 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

You do know that you can incur a 20% warn for impersonating a fellow member in a disruptive way, right?

#57 Hummingway

Hummingway
  • 433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

...who ARE you?

#58 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

...who ARE you?

Learn the LORE

#59 ceterisparibus

ceterisparibus
  • 485 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

But.. it is.. Advanced+ is really not that difficult to get into. 
I think almost every ADV+ can tell you that. It doesn't take any time at all as long as you're active. 
I agree that we need regular members to be more involved too, but adding yet another rank in between member and advanced is kind of silly. 
Advanced membership is paid. Advanced+ isn't hard to achieve. :p

Oh yes i don't really doubt it, but new members may not be particularly clear about it and go 'wow i need 500 posts plus other miscellaneous stuff? how can i know that my efforts will go the long way?'.

It's more of something that shows that they're on the right track to becoming valued members i guess. Overall i'm still glad that there's more stuff going on around here and i'll do my part to liven up the entertainment section (you know the anime thread thing).

#60 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

Wow, this all sounds really cool! Pardon being late to the party to leave my 2 cents...work has been mind-numbing this week despite it only being Tuesday. :p

#61 flea

flea
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

shoutsout to @Kate and @Strategist for bringing codexto the future

#62 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

shoutsout to @Kate and @Strategist for bringing codexto the future

LOVE seeing you used your well-earned Codies Fall 2013 siggie, my man! And yes, I GONN CHEAT (not) ON MY MAN.

#63 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

Perhaps an Intermediate Rank perk could be an option to create a formatted list of the entire Neocodex Database?

#64 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

Perhaps an Intermediate Rank perk could be an option to create a formatted list of the entire Neocodex Database?

Why would people need that and why would we want to allow it?

#65 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

Why would people need that and why would we want to allow it?

I was thinking that it would be useful for account pricers.

#66 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

I was thinking that it would be useful for account pricers.

I don't see why they would need an entire copy of the database for that...

#67 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

I don't see why they would need an entire copy of the database for that...

*SHRUGS* I was just thinking a more advanced list maker that could incorporate more on a single list than our current list maker allocates.

#68 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:55 AM

*SHRUGS* I was just thinking a more advanced list maker that could incorporate more on a single list than our current list maker allocates.

If somebody wants to make something like that they would be able to either use the normal Item Database search or request access to our API functions. ;)

#69 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

Hey guys, a few thoughts.

I like the idea of an intermediate rank with perks and stuff. That can have all the posting requirements you want. We used to regularly prune Private for deadwood.

I don't like the idea of messing with retired much at all. It's basically a title for old farts, and taking it away from people with 10,000 posts but none in the past two months is ludicrous. It doesn't need to change.

Whether or not you call the rank private, it needs a subforum and a leader. I actually think a few Leader roles would do some good. Instead of staff trying to do everything, delegating to leaders (GFX, Contests, maybe E-Zine) can more clearly define the moderators roles as well. I have always thought these positions were best appointed rather than applied for. That way you get someone who has the staff's confidence, and not simply the most eager person.

It doesn't necessarily need to have a rank bar, but it needs a forum mod user mask for the editing and warning privs.

If the search function could go back far enough, the admins (I suppose the mods too) could check the private forums for our (Ali and I) private leader posts. I don't think the Retired Leaders (Pyke and Lee) ever did anything spectacular with their section, but Ali and I ran contests and giveaways for private members.

#70 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

I like the idea of an intermediate rank with perks and stuff. That can have all the posting requirements you want. We used to regularly prune Private for deadwood.

I don't like the idea of messing with retired much at all. It's basically a title for old farts, and taking it away from people with 10,000 posts but none in the past two months is ludicrous. It doesn't need to change.

Whether or not you call the rank private, it needs a subforum and a leader. I actually think a few Leader roles would do some good. Instead of staff trying to do everything, delegating to leaders (GFX, Contests, maybe E-Zine) can more clearly define the moderators roles as well. I have always thought these positions were best appointed rather than applied for. That way you get someone who has the staff's confidence, and not simply the most eager person.

It doesn't necessarily need to have a rank bar, but it needs a forum mod user mask for the editing and warning privs.

If the search function could go back far enough, the admins (I suppose the mods too) could check the private forums for our (Ali and I) private leader posts. I don't think the Retired Leaders (Pyke and Lee) ever did anything spectacular with their section, but Ali and I ran contests and giveaways for private members.

Thanks for your suggestions, Patrick.

I agree somewhat with the 'Retired should be left as is' thing, but we need to agree on a way that current members can aim for the title too. This is why we believe it best to change Retired to applications on a quarterly basis. Not 100% sure on whether or not we will have a Retired Leader role yet. This is still in the works and frankly one of the least important parts of the changes for now. I think the current Retired members are cool to stay (even if they're inactive or not) and can be considered 'grandfathered' into the new 'scheme'. Meaning that they will not be getting demoted for inactivity. But new members from here on in, will need to adhere to the guidelines set out by the staff. (This includes demotion back to the previous rank for long periods of inactivity).

The new rank (lets just call it Private, because that's what everyone seems to be leaning towards) will most definitely have a leadership role to it and we are looking into promoting a leader to both the GFX section AND the new Contests section. These people will be recognised as sectional mods of their respective areas and shall be the ones to look after upcoming contests and material in each section. We want to promote these areas a bit more and believe doing this will help to achieve that. We will be looking into adding additional userbars soon for that too. (As well as the ability to hold more than one userbar at a time, this will be better defined soon enough).

I'm not sure if the current mods can even see the old Private forums/posts, but I shall look into this in due time.

Once again mate, thanks for taking time to give some sound advice. It's much appreciated.

#71 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:37 AM

http://www.neocodex....retired-lounge/

Everyone can see it who has the relevant access masks, I believe. The forums were never deleted, just hidden from the main page. Moderators should be able to see them.

#72 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

As an old timer, listen to this guy.  He knew how to run a section.  (Trust me, I'd know, I failed to run one!  Woo LPC!)

#73 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

As an old timer, listen to this guy.  He knew how to run a section.  (Trust me, I'd know, I failed to run one!  Woo LPC!)

I am a newb and totally don;t know what I'm doing...but I like what I see here at Codex and can only hope to stick around and be so esteemed in the future. :)

#74 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:06 AM

I like these new ideas, particularly the open programs section. Keep up the good work :)

#75 gamestore

gamestore
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:09 AM

looking nice :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users