Quantcast

Photo

Bringing Neocodex into the future

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#76 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

Thanks for your suggestions, Patrick.

I agree somewhat with the 'Retired should be left as is' thing, but we need to agree on a way that current members can aim for the title too. This is why we believe it best to change Retired to applications on a quarterly basis. Not 100% sure on whether or not we will have a Retired Leader role yet. This is still in the works and frankly one of the least important parts of the changes for now. I think the current Retired members are cool to stay (even if they're inactive or not) and can be considered 'grandfathered' into the new 'scheme'. Meaning that they will not be getting demoted for inactivity. But new members from here on in, will need to adhere to the guidelines set out by the staff. (This includes demotion back to the previous rank for long periods of inactivity).

The new rank (lets just call it Private, because that's what everyone seems to be leaning towards) will most definitely have a leadership role to it and we are looking into promoting a leader to both the GFX section AND the new Contests section. These people will be recognised as sectional mods of their respective areas and shall be the ones to look after upcoming contests and material in each section. We want to promote these areas a bit more and believe doing this will help to achieve that. We will be looking into adding additional userbars soon for that too. (As well as the ability to hold more than one userbar at a time, this will be better defined soon enough).

I'm not sure if the current mods can even see the old Private forums/posts, but I shall look into this in due time.

Once again mate, thanks for taking time to give some sound advice. It's much appreciated.

Strat, we don't HAVE to belong to the contest team to run contests and such though, do we?

#77 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

Strat, we don't HAVE to belong to the contest team to run contests and such though, do we?

That position isn't to run all the contests, it's really just to keep the contest section in order and organised.

#78 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

That position isn't to run all the contests, it's really just to keep the contest section in order and organised.

Thank you very much for the clarification. 

#79 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

Thank you very much for the clarification.

And also to come up with super fun ideas of awesomeness to promote activity on the forum!

#80 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

And also to come up with super fun ideas of awesomeness to promote activity on the forum!

I'm not good at coming up with ideas like that on my own, but with the right leader, I'd love to be supportive!

#81 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:39 AM

You know, it's like some people want to stay stuck in the stone age and see Codex fall into the abyss :(
Makes me sad.

#82 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:00 AM

You know, it's like some people want to stay stuck in the stone age and see Codex fall into the abyss :(
Makes me sad.

we can't please everybody. :(

you said that to me once, remember? :p

#83 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:02 AM

we can't please everybody. :(

you said that to me once, remember? :p

Lol I remember :p 

Also, quick question.
Can you see multiple userbars under me or just one?

#84 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:03 AM

Makes me sad.

Mmm... delicious tears of despair.

I can see your multiple userbars.

#85 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:04 AM

Mmm... delicious tears of despair.

I can see your multiple userbars.

Okay so it's probably only broken for me.
THANKS OBAMA.

Or @Strategist.

#86 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

THANKS OBAMA.

Or @Strategist.

I don't even get the reference. Aren't you Canadian? The only internet related things Obama has done are the release of health care exchanges and NSA domestic surveillance gaffes. (arguably neither is his fault, but that's for another thread).

What's your beef? :p

#87 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

It's a joke you knob. Blaming Obama for things that are out of his control. Like your bowl of ceral falling on the floor. Knob.

#88 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

I don't even get the reference. Aren't you Canadian? The only internet related things Obama has done are the release of health care exchanges and NSA domestic surveillance gaffes. (arguably neither is his fault, but that's for another thread).

What's your beef? :p

Frizzle summed it up pretty nicely :p

#89 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:51 AM

i live 9000 miles away from US and i know that joke. come on, @redlion.

#90 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

i live 9000 miles away from US and i know that joke. come on, @redlion.

oh stuck you brought up this topic and i thought it is a new topic, I was excited when I see they need one moderator hahahhaa

#91 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

oh stuck you brought up this topic and i thought it is a new topic, I was excited when I see they need one moderator hahahhaa

Wouldn't be you, anyways.

#92 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

Wouldn't be you, anyways.

:( I am gonna apply and maybe it's me 

#93 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

:( I am gonna apply and maybe it's me 

No point applying right now as we aren't taking on any more mods.

#94 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

I was joking!!! I am not here long enough i know that.

#95 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

It's a joke you knob. Blaming Obama for things that are out of his control. Like your bowl of ceral falling on the floor. Knob.

Oh. I thought there was more to it.

#96 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

Oh. I thought there was more to it.

Wait where did frizzle say that I don't see it?

#97 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:44 AM

Wait where did frizzle say that I don't see it?

Scroll up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users