122 replies to this topic

#51 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

Paint ftw

Draw them all by hand. Sounds like a plan. I'll definitely win. 

#52 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

@Kate @Pyro699 I've begun working and I'm using the titles exactly as they appear in your OP. These are what you want, right? Advanced, Advanced +, Programmer Jr. etc? Not Adv. Member, Adv. Member+, Jr. Programmer etc?

Edited by L33T, 16 December 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#53 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

@Kate @Pyro699 I've begun working and I'm using the titles exactly as they appear in your OP. These are what you want, right? Advanced, Advanced +, Programmer Jr. etc? Not Adv. Member, Adv. Member+, Jr. Programmer etc?

It doesn't matter exactly what they say. As long as they convey the correct rank.

#54 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:34 PM

The ones in the list are the ones we need. The entire list, as they are spelled there. Unless there's an obvious mistake I missed.
Edit: sorry I misunderstood. Using Adv. Member, Jr. Programmer, etc is okay, as Sweeney said. As long as it doesn't leave any room for confusion.

Haha, alright. Sounds good, thanks.

Edited by L33T, 16 December 2013 - 05:39 PM.

#55 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

The ones in the list are the ones we need. The entire list, as they are spelled there. Unless there's an obvious mistake I missed.
Edit: sorry I misunderstood. Using Adv. Member, Jr. Programmer, etc is okay, as Sweeney said. As long as it doesn't leave any room for confusion.

#56 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

I know you will, you always get on it when i tell you to.

:o sexual harassment in the workplace!!! *points finger* Please stop it, I do not appreciate the nature of your advances. Thankyou. ;)

#57 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

Being the only female on staff is weird when the dudes all hit on each other instead. Goodbye self esteem.

Jklol

#58 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

What is this "private" rank? It would help to have a slight description, as I'm following the current ranks' color scheme, but have to decide on new ones for the new ranks.

Edited by L33T, 16 December 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#59 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Being the only female on staff is weird when the dudes all hit on each other instead. Goodbye self esteem.

Jklol

I wanna touch your butt.

Send me your hair.

#60 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

What is this "private" rank? It would help to have a slight description, as I'm following the current ranks' color scheme, but have to decide on new ones for the new ranks.

Use whatever colour you like. :3
Private Rank is a rank that people will earn like adv+ and Retired and it falls right in between those two.

#61 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

Use whatever colour you like. :3
Private Rank is a rank that people will earn like adv+ and Retired and it falls right in between those two.

Exactly what I wanted to know, thanks ;)

#62 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

Oooh yay, new userbars! 
Devastated we're not continuing on with the gold old 'contributor' rank though  :p

#63 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:56 AM

Here's my first cut... Suggestions welcome ;)

Dark:

iCj2GqO.png

Light:

G1bYFXQ.png

Edited by Dan, 17 December 2013 - 05:03 AM.

#64 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:00 AM

iCj2GqO.png

Are you planning to have borders on them? At the moment they seem a little bit plain to me.

#65 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:02 AM

Are you planning to have borders on them?

They have 1px inside white borders on them, but it's very subtle when using the IPB skin. Switch to BoHeGeHa and you should see it a bit clearer.

I'm still a bit strapped for space due to the size requirements, but I guess I could add a 1px black outside border to make it look OK in the IPB skin too.

#66 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:15 AM

We may be able to increase the size limits a bit more. Can anyone tell me how wide we COULD possibly go on the sidebar? I have no idea where to find the specs in the AdminCP.

#67 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:20 AM

Here's the set with dark borders, which should look slightly better on the lighter skins:

Spoiler

We may be able to increase the size limits a bit more. Can anyone tell me how wide we COULD possibly go on the sidebar? I have no idea where to find the specs in the AdminCP.

I'm not sure about the ACP sizings, but it looks like we have a good amount of available space:

zpRoHDM.png

#68 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:21 AM

I'd say about 150px at the very max to leave a bit of a border space but they'd probably look a bit stupid.

#69 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

Here are some examples of larger sizes (max being 165px wide which looks to be a tad too big IMO)

iboXvnJHVbMNnk.gif < 165px wide x 31px high

ibx45v570KWJWT.png < 120px wide x 29px high

IF we were to go larger, we could always adjust the size limits for Avatars too (slightly) to accommodate for the larger rank bars, that way they would look more uniform.

#70 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:48 AM

Here are some examples of larger sizes (max being 165px wide which looks to be a tad too big IMO)

iboXvnJHVbMNnk.gif < 165px wide x 31px high

ibx45v570KWJWT.png < 120px wide x 29px high

I found some good examples when looking for inspiration yesterday too:

These are HUGE, but I like the idea:

Spoiler

These are 128x33:

Spoiler

These are 172x36:

Spoiler

Just for some ideas.  :roxsox:

#71 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:49 AM

I have always found the avatars quite tiny.

#72 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:00 AM

iCj2GqO.png

love it, dan! maybe try getting rid of a few colours off the SOTW and MOTM ranks? they look a little crowded.

and are you planning to add some animations? :p

Edited by Stuck, 17 December 2013 - 05:02 AM.

#73 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:03 AM

love it, dan! maybe try getting rid of a few colours off the SOTW and MOTM ranks? they look a little crowded.

I was thinking that as well... I wanted to make them special but wasn't sure how to go about it. 

I was thinking of maybe adding a few more gradients here and there for another version, maybe spicing them up a bit. Thanks for the feedback  :thumbsup:

Also @Strategist @Pyro699 Is it possible to have different user bars based on skin? It might be a good idea to have two different versions, e.g. light/dark.

#74 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:11 AM

I have always found the avatars quite tiny.

Yeah, me too. I would like to look into increasing the size limits if we can. Because, well tbh, I wanna show off my manly facial features UP CLOSE *huehue*

@Dan, this isn't such a bad idea, seeing as we will most likely be introducing a darker theme sooner or later (especially since we're currently trialling the Blue Bohegeha one).

@Kate, thoughts?

#75 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:24 AM

and are you planning to add some animations? :p

I'm not really much of an animation guy, but I could play around with it and see how it looks. We've got a while before entries are due, so send me any suggestions you might have! :D

@Kate @Strategist How many times can we enter? Can I enter more than one set? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users