In 7 days(December 16th) we begin a game that will span many days and will be a battle of attrition among all of you. The goal is to outlast the competition and be the last man standing.
- I will pick the name of an ordinary household item. When I post the name of the item, you must locate it by any means necessary and take a picture of it. The only requirement is that the item is real and not something you found online. Post the picture in this thread.
- Don't spoiler tag your submission, re-size if needed. It's faster for recounts. No micropics either. If I can't tell what it is you aren't getting credit.
- You must do this within 24 hours of the timestamp that I post. If all participants advance before the 24 hours is up, I will post a new item immediately. Submissions past the deadline do not count, even if I have not posted a new challenge.
- For every item, you must either be in the picture with your face present holding it up OR be holding a sign pic with your username on it. If you choose to do a sign pic, you must write your username clearly on a piece of paper(or use a self pic) and turn it into a doge meme. This pic must be the same pic used in every picture. If I doubt your pic then you will be disqualified.
- I reserve the right to audit suspicious pics by requiring you to submit additional information about it.
- This contest is open to all users whether you've won anything in the past or not.
- I reserve the right to change the rules at any time and make them retroactive if I think that it makes the contest more fair.
- Each successful challenge is worth 1 point. This is not an easter egg.
- Challenge #1 will be open indefinitely through this contest, but others will not. Once a challenge is closed you will not be able to score points.
- You can enter this contest by doing challenge #1. No need to PM me.
- You will not be eliminated if you fail a challenge, you just won't score points for it.
- The player with the most points at the end of the month wins.
- In the event of any ties, the player who completed the most challenges consecutively without failing takes gets the advantage.
Custom Plushie $10 Neocodex Credit Starter Main account with street cred + Stocking stuffer nc
Sword of Fire $5 Neocodex Credit ABing Shell Pack (Each pack contains 3 4-35 month shell + 1 Attic Shell)
Tamed Mini-Monster Royal Paint Brush Royal paint brush
[Mystery Box] - Prize via the Advent prize roll method except I will double the np and bonus prize! (est. value 200k-20M) Winning in either contests will not affect the other.
As usual, the colors are just for show and mean nothing! Winners get first pick priority of any item on the list in order of final rank! But this year there is a twist! You can take the guaranteed prize or gamble by choosing the advent method! This means you can win up to 2x Sword of Fires!
fyi all contests I run under the Advent 2013 umbrella share the same prize pool so the master list in the advent calendar thread will list all items for accounting purposes but may not be given there. If I choose to give it out elsewhere it will only be given out once like the plushie.
Round 1: Find and take a picture of an empty 2-liter bottle. - Permanently Open
Round 2: Box Cutter - Closed
Round 3: Boat - Closed
Round 4: Oil filter wrench - Closed (36 hours to do this)
Round 5: Candy cane - Closed
Round 6: 9V Battery - Closed
Round 7: Poker Chips - Closed
Round 8: Plunger - Closed
Round 9: Dice (7+ sides) - Closed
Round 10: Birdbath - Closed
Round 11: AOL Trial CD && Troll Doll - Closed
Round 12: Birdhouse && Lawn Chair - Closed
Round 13: Count of Monte Cristo && Fire Extinguisher - Closed
Round 14: Large Novelty && the Scot Shuffle - Closed
Bonus: Hidden Achievement system. Your pic may fulfill a hidden criterion making you eligible for additional prizes.
Achievement #1 - Crystal Blue Persuasion - Achieved by: No one
Take a pic of a green box cutter, a la Gustavo Fring for round 2.
Achievement #2: White whale! Holy Grail! - Achieved by: No one.
In a valid submission, also include some pirate motif such as eyepatch, parrot, cutlass, or pegleg for round 3.
Achievement #3: Grab Life By The Ball - Achieved by: No one.
Take a pic of yourself, in an overly dramatic fashion dodging the wrench for round 4.
Achievement #4: Pimpin' ain't Easy - Achieved by: No one
Whilst rocking a Christmas hat with a feather, brandish your magic stick.
Achievement #5: Y'all Knew This Was Coming - Achieved by: Plunk - Prize: Royal Paint Brush
Lick the ends of the 9V battery.
Achievement #6: Dead Man's Hand - Achieved by: Strategist, L33T, Tubbz - Prize: 1 Baby PB each.
For round 7, recreate the famous hand by making two pair using aces and eights.
Achievement #7: The Final Round Is In Another Castle - Achieved by: Keil, Elindoril. Prize: Baby Pb
Depict Mario or Luigi while holding the plunger.
Achievement #8: Is This You Being Meta? - Achieved by: No one.
Speculate on what achievement 8 might be.
Achievement #9: Occam's Razor - Achieved By: No one.
Snap a photo of a bird bathing in the water.
Achievement #10: Oversized Balls - Achieved by L33T, Nymh. Prize: Baby pb
Attempt challenge 14.
Now for prize distribution I will allow players to select the prize of their choice while supplies last.
Nymh - Custom Plushie
Trichomes - $10 Neocodex Credit
Napiform - ABing Shell Pack
Speedracer - Royal Paint Brush
Blue - Sword of Reif
L33T - Starter main
Strategist - $5 Neocodex Credit
Emily - Royal Paint Brush
Rintastic - [Mystery Box] - 1M and Purple PB, Water PPPB
Hummingway- Tamed Mini-Monster
Plunk- [Mystery Box] - 1M and 2x Royal PB
Syntax- [Mystery Box] - 1.2M and Magma Petpet Paint Brush, Skunk PB
Tubbz- [Mystery Box] - 1M and Purple PB, Spooky Halloween Goodie Bag
Kate- [Mystery Box] - 200k and Mystery Island Paint Brush, Royal PB
Turnip- [Mystery Box] - 800k and White PB
Elindoril- [Mystery Box] - 800k and Grey PB
Previous edition: http://www.neocodex....scavenger-hunt/