54 replies to this topic

#1 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

Hey guys.

Was thinking about organising some programming lessons - I've been running a few trial-runs with @Adam and @Kat and they seem to have been pretty successful. 

So far we've been running them over TeamViewer with Skype which seems to be working pretty well.

Is this something anybody would be interested in? If we're able to get a few people interested then that'd be great.

D

Edit: If you're interested in signing up for this, please fill in the following form!

https://docs.google....rfBpTc/viewform

#2 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

Yes, I would be interested in it. This is actually where my train of thought was headed before you DC'd in TC.

#3 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:11 AM

Yes, I would be interested in it. This is actually where my train of thought was headed before you DC'd in TC.

That's my thing ;)

#4 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

Disconnecting?

#5 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:24 AM

Disconnecting?

Yep..

#6 nothereorthere

nothereorthere
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

Try using teamviewer meeting. It would eliminate the need for skype.

#7 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

I would be interested in learning. I only have a basic grasp on programming (mostly C++). Could not find the motivation to continue on my own time after learning about what classes can do for you z_z

#8 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

How much advanced knowledge of programming would you want us to have?  I've just started looking into learning so that I can make a program I desperately want/need for neo, but I know how beyond annoying "noobs" are to sessions like these.

#9 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

How much advanced knowledge of programming would you want us to have?  I've just started looking into learning so that I can make a program I desperately want/need for neo, but I know how beyond annoying "noobs" are to sessions like these.

This as well. I don't want to be an imposition / hinder the lesson or look like a complete retard with all my "stupid" questions :p

Edited by L33T, 10 December 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#10 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

It would probably also be good to record the sessions so people can revisit them if they need to check something later on.

#11 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

This as well. I don't want to be an imposition / hinder the lesson or look like a complete retard with all my "stupid" questions :p

We'll start from pretty much the very basics, but it'd be great if you could do some supportive reading as well. A general knowledge of programming language syntax, and let's say, the ability to write something small in a language with a similar syntax would be handy. (e.g. C/C++, Java, Javascript)

It would probably also be good to record the sessions so people can revisit them if they need to check something later on.

Yeah agreed, some kind of reference material would be handy and I can provide an overview of each lesson. Recording the sessions could be an option too...

#12 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

We'll start from pretty much the very basics, but it'd be great if you could do some supportive reading as well. A general knowledge of programming language syntax, and let's say, the ability to write something small in a language with a similar syntax would be handy. (e.g. C/C++, Java, Javascript)

Yeah agreed, some kind of reference material would be handy and I can provide an overview of each lesson. Recording the sessions could be an option too...

Alright, should be good then, I have a grasp on c++ at the most basic of levels, but enough to get by.

#13 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

Interested! I have some knowledge of Java, C++ and Perl.

Edited by jinq, 10 December 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#14 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

I can do HTML...

I wanna learn too though!

#15 Speshel

Speshel
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

This would be great! I have a decent understanding of a few languages which might help.

#16 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:33 AM

Ok, so that makes the list:

OK guys- if you're interested please fill in the following form:

#17 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:19 AM

Ok, so that makes the list:

OK guys- if you're interested please fill in the following form:

Done! Very interested now, thank you again.

#18 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:31 AM

Filled out the form. :) I'm excited. It seems like most people (including myself) don't have too much understanding of some languages. It would be great if we had some starter material, or if we all did some courses con codeacademy.com before hand to grasp some basic concepts. ^_^

#19 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:38 AM

Filled out the form. :) I'm excited. It seems like most people (including myself) don't have too much understanding of some languages. It would be great if we had some starter material, or if we all did some courses con codeacademy.com before hand to grasp some basic concepts. ^_^

I was thinking this when I filled out the form too... like I know nothing and have no idea where to begin to learn even starter stuff.

#20 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:40 AM

I was thinking this when I filled out the form too... like I know nothing and have no idea where to begin to learn even starter stuff.

I've done a few lessons on http://www.codecademy.com/, I think it's pretty good for starting out. It's not easy though.. at least to me, lol

Edited by Kat, 11 December 2013 - 07:41 AM.

#21 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

I've done a few lessons on codeacademy.com, I think it's pretty good for starting out. It's not easy though.. at least to me, lol

Thank you. I'll check into it when I get my mouse working... I get pissy and unable to function without a working mouse.

#22 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

I've never done skype, so I'll figure that out and fill out the form later tonight, maybe tomorrow if life stays hectic tonight.  Will also check out codeacademy, thanks for that!

#23 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

@Dan you already know I'm DTF..I mean learn.

#24 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

@Dan you already know I'm DTF..I mean learn.

Adam full of himself np

#25 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

Filled it out.

Ignore my availability stuff please!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users