Quantcast

Photo

What's the creepiest thing you've ever had happen to you?

creepy story time! badgers cant use keyboards

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Plunk

Plunk
  • Official Neocodex Dollface

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

What is the most absolutely creepy thing you've ever had happen to you, or you've witnessed. For me, it's not a super long story, but it scared the hell out of me.

My then-girlfriend and I were staying at her lakeside cabin for a week, because we both had time off and it was an excellent place. Now, I've always been a fan of the Evil Dead series, but I've been camping my entire life, so being alone in a cabin with someone was never exactly scary for me. We did all the usual camping activities, swimming, cooking s'mores, hooking up my laptop and external hard drive so we could watch Adventure Time while we cuddled on the couch and ate ice cream. Just normal stuff. At around midnight we headed up to bed, and since we'd had such a full day of activities, she fell asleep almost immediately. I, however, took a good twenty minutes or so to fall asleep, and ended up waking up a half hour later having to pee.

Got up, went to the bathroom, did my business, climbed back in bed, and as soon as my head hit the pillow, the creepiest thing I've ever experienced happened. As soon as my head hit the pillow, my ex slowly sat straight up, staring directly ahead. I figured she just woke up so I asked her, "Babe? You alright?"

In an absolutely monotone voice, and without looking at me, she said, "Nosotros. Estamos. Listo."

"Uhhhhh... W-what?"

"Nosotros. Estamos. Listo." Then she turned, looked directly at me, and translated it for me while still sleeping. "We. Are. Ready."

I quietly asked, "Ready for what?"

She faced straight ahead again, and slowly laid back down. She started snoring as soon as she was flat on the bed.

I told her about it the next morning, but she didn't remember it happening. I told her exactly what she said, and she said Nosotros is Spanish for "We", Estamos means "We're", and Listo does indeed mean "Ready". Apparently if you say them as one sentence, one translation literally means, "We are ready."

So! Tell me your creepy tales!

#2 Indigo

Indigo
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

Well ...that's creepy as all hell....

I can't really think of anything exceptionally creepy, but a recent memory was when I was in Montana this summer; more specifically, Polson, literally right on Flathead lake. My friend and I had been there for a good week or two and we'd been standing out on the porch real late. Probably around 1 or so so he could smoke. I got a very weird feeling while I was staring out into the dark like something was looking back at me. We were elevated so I had a good view of the backyard, which is basically a mountain. I could not shake this feeling and even listened to hear if there was something out there, but to no avail. It was just one of those creepy feelings. I felt like it was a person, most likely, creeping hard, but it was probably a bear or even bigfoot {I can only hope}.

A few days later I found a deer carcass very close to the house in the backyard. It looked like it had been picked through pretty well.

Your story though, is straight out of one of my nightmares. O_o; Was your gf HIspanic at all? I've always had weird dreams whenever I watch Evil Dead. I think it's the creepy 80s visuals that make things weird at night.

#3 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

OK.

We moved into an older house with a basement earlier this year. There is a circle cut into the floor in the living room that you can see down into the basement from and, if you know where to look, up into the house from down in the basement. This was a major source of irritation to me. You could see when the light was on during the middle of the night, and I was under the impression that it was a huge waste of electricity and yung's responsibility to turn off. (I'm kind of afraid of the basement. It didn't have a door and I don't go down there by myself.) I would tell him to turn it off, it would be on, and I'd get mad and tell him to turn it off. Sometimes he wouldn't remember turning it on, MOST of the time he wouldn't remember, but he was usually a pretty good sport about turning it back off. I tell the people of TC there's homeless people living in my basement playing with the light and they laughed at me.

Then winter happened and the heater was broken. My dad went into the basement to do some trouble shooting. I was minding my own business in the house. All of a sudden, he starts SCREAMING at me. "GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE NOW." Being an obedient child, I went down to see what was wrong. He pulls me over toward a ledge by the furnace and goes, "Are these yours?" Sitting on the ledge are 5-6 USED NEW LOOKING NEEDLES. So I'm like uh...no. I don't do drugs. Of course he leaps from me doing drugs to Yung doing drugs. So I'm like "How do you know they weren't here before?" because really. He says, "remember when we redid all the plumbing right before you moved in? We went over the entire basement and there wasn't anything like this here then." And I'm like "uh... uh..."

I call yung and tell him we gotta talk when he gets off work. After work, we end up meeting for dinner and it's not til hours after I initally called him that we got alone to talk. I shove him in the bathroom and tell him to strip. (I hadn't told him about the needles yet.) He's like what and I'm like NOW. So I go over his entire body to come up empty. Then I told him what happened and he searched me. (Fair's fair.)

I call my dad and tell him about the light being on when no one's down there.

I get a brand-new study basement door because there were apparently people shooting up in my basement.

#4 Plunk

Plunk
  • Official Neocodex Dollface

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

Your story though, is straight out of one of my nightmares. O_o; Was your gf HIspanic at all? I've always had weird dreams whenever I watch Evil Dead. I think it's the creepy 80s visuals that make things weird at night.

Nope, she's super white and from Boston. She did speak Spanish obviously, and she had just come back from a trip to Costa Rica. I honestly want to record an audio file so I can give an example of how she said stuff. I've had people sleep talk before, and it never creeped me out, but just the WAY she said it was terrifying.

@Napi, that is definitely creepy.

Edited by Plunk, 13 December 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#5 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

It was late at night at a clubhouse my friend and I were heading to chill for a while. I got out of the car while he stayed back to grab his hookah and started heading towards the club house. It was really dark, and I was about 50 feet away from him when a car pulled up. A dark figure stood up and yelled, "You, get over here right now." I froze. "If you don't get over here RIGHT NOW, you're screwed." I ran and told my friend to run too.

It had just turned out to be a guy from the neighborhood, but I won't ever forget those words. It's still pretty haunting when I hear them echo through my head.

Edited by L33T, 13 December 2013 - 02:30 PM.

#6 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

It was late at night at a clubhouse my friend and I were heading to chill for a while. I got out of the car while he stayed back to grab his hookah and started heading towards the club house. It was really dark, and I was about 50 feet away from him when a car pulled up. A dark figure stood up and yelled, "You, get over here right now." I froze. "If you don't get over here RIGHT NOW, you're screwed." I ran and told him to run too.

It had just turned out to be a guy from the neighborhood, but I won't ever forget those words. It's still pretty haunting when I hear them echo through my head.

"Clubhouse" makes me think of a shed in someone's back yard, where they hung out with their friends and had secret knocks and play-spy meetings.

#7 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

"Clubhouse" makes me think of a shed in someone's back yard, where they hung out with their friends and had secret knocks and play-spy meetings.

N'aw, it was the neighborhood clubhouse. Had a gym, multiple lounges, and everything.

Edited by L33T, 13 December 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#8 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

N'aw, it was the neighborhood clubhouse. Had a gym, multiple lounges, and everything.

All the cool tree houses have these facilities with their secret knocks too. 

#9 Pennance

Pennance
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

The most creepy thing that ever heppened to me is when i got to got to school and i whent to talk to my teacher and when she looked at me she said "did you finish your essay" then i asked "What essay you know i dont write" then she said "you have detention" and i said "you do know this school has no detention room right" then she said "yes but i will have you write lines on my chalk board" then i calmly reminded her " Not to be bluntly but the board in this room is white and is the wall" and she said " I dont like your attitude" and i said " I didnt expect you to because you are mean to me" and then i went down to the cyberCafe(commons) and asked my Friend " can you get me a drink" and he gave me a dollar, and like any true friend i whent to the vending machine. I first notised that there was a darritoe Bag hanging half way out of its rack. So i looked at the ceareal box above it and said " i claim you for my dinner" so i whent to put in my money and notice someone had left a dollar in the vending machine, so like any courtiouse person i used it to buy the cereal the ceareal fell and hit the chip back and made it fall. then more money came out of the machine then was in there. so i took the money and bought me a juice but there was a problem with the machine... It gave me two juices. so i went back to class and decided to actually do my work so that is my creepyest story

#10 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

tl;dr

#11 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

It's not so much creepy as just fucking terrifying. 

I was trying to watch Insidious, turned the lights off, trying to set the mood a little bit. (I don't deal well with horror films anyway, so didn't do myself any favours) 

Anyway, in my house there's a glass door and then the TV's in the corner just beyond it. I'm really conscious of my peripheral vision, and about 10 minutes in I noticed the BIGGEST moth I've ever seen, it was just creeping me out and making me feel uneasy. 

As the film went on, it was just starting to get to the meat of the film, a few of the jumpy bits, etc. 

I can't remember exactly which bit it was, but I know the tension had built and then dropped, you know how it makes you think something's going to happen then doesn't? 

Well just at that moment, BANG! Neighbour's cat jumps at the moth. 

Shit myself, turned film off and went to bed to hide and cry :( 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: creepy, story time!, badgers cant use keyboards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users