• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

Do you have a "Casual addiction", a term that I just completely made up and is not recognized as anything by anyone else? By that, I mean a food or object or something that while you may not be physiologically addicted to it, it's become either an emotional attachment to your life or it's just become integrated into your daily routine.

For example, for me, mine is coffee. I don't really need coffee but I drink it all the time. On days where I don't need to be awake (aka when I don't have school or work), I never touch the stuff. But when I have a long day I drink a ton of coffee "just in case" i need the energy.

Another for me is rice bahaha. I need rice in my diet at least a few times a week or I will become more and more grumpy and actually crave it. 

You got one? Pot? Morning sex? A certain food? A drink after work? Neopets? Neocodex? Drinking your own urine? Eating your own toenails?

Eating only cheesey potatoes? Ooey Gooey and yum yum yummy @Bone

#2 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

Probably the internet. It sounds stupid and will probably be a common answer but I seriously struggle without internet. I feel empty when my connection is down, it's ridiculous. Even if I'm not physically at a computer or using my internet it bothers me a great deal knowing I couldn't if I wanted to.

Also for a long time smoking cigarettes and talking on the phone. I was more addicted to doing that than I was just smoking cigs, to the point that every time I tried to quit I would be afraid to answer the phone. 

#3 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

I, too, am addicted to coffee. Sometimes I get headaches if I don't drink it ._. I also yawn all day if I don't. Iced coffee is what I usually drink - but I'll change it up if it's cold outside. 

I am also addicted to online window shopping. I don't usually have enough money to buy what I want so I just stalk my favorite sites... and cry about not being able to buy stuff. 

#4 Guest_Sarah_*

Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

Reddit. 

I, too, am addicted to coffee. Sometimes I get headaches if I don't drink it ._. I also yawn all day if I don't. Iced coffee is what I usually drink - but I'll change it up if it's cold outside. 

I am also addicted to online window shopping. I don't usually have enough money to buy what I want so I just stalk my favorite sites... and cry about not being able to buy stuff. 

I have Amazon wishlists filled with crazy shit I want to buy. I have a single rule -  Can't cost more than $20. When payday comes around I pick a random wishlist and then an item off the list to order. 

#5 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

I am also addicted to the internet. And reading about how I'm failing with the way I eat and trying to make it better.

#6 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

Sugar and internet

And I eat rice everyday as well, but I can easily live without it

Edited by jinq, 09 January 2014 - 05:24 PM.

#7 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

I'm sure Nymh will disagree, but I don't think I'm addicted (even casually) to anything.

There are things I do every day, because I want to. When I can't do them, or get bored with them, I do other things. I think that's how things are supposed to work.

#8 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

I'm sure Nymh will disagree, but I don't think I'm addicted (even casually) to anything.

Lol whatever

You guys should have heard him when he realized the Internet was cut off

#9 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

Lol whatever

You guys should have heard him when he realized the Internet was cut off

I believe I said "Please pay the internet bill".

#10 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

I believe I said "Please pay the internet bill".

After the initial sobbing, hyperventilating and passing out, yes.

#11 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

After the initial sobbing, hyperventilating and passing out, yes.

Fiction!
Or, at least, entirely unrelated to our lack of internet :p

#12 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

Procrastination. I feel dirty if I do something ahead of time.

#13 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

Sushi & animal crossing.

I can't eat sushi once without craving it the rest of the week

#14 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:46 AM

Mine, as sad as it is to say, is Spongebob.

I have to have my one episode of nautical nonsense a week as work and life does not leave much time for TV.

#15 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:42 AM

Probably crisps/potato chips. 

I rarely eat them but when I do, it's like...

tumblr_lzxy1lvo051r139hzo1_500.gif

#16 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:44 AM

lol bog your addictions are exactly like mine. i drink and eat nothing other than rice and coffee everyday. rice is a staple food where i'm from so it's normal i guess. and i think it makes sense that so many people are addicted to coffee since it has caffeine.

#17 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:58 AM

lol bog your addictions are exactly like mine. i drink and eat nothing other than rice and coffee everyday. rice is a staple food where i'm from so it's normal i guess. and i think it makes sense that so many people are addicted to coffee since it has caffeine.

There's something like 80% of North America consume caffeine regularly, and withdrawal can make you quite ill. 

It's quite worrying how many people are addicted to caffeine. 

#18 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:26 AM

Yeah I'm gonna say coffee. When im at work at 5am I need it. NEED IT I TELL YOU.

#19 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:37 AM

My e-cigarette. I have it with me all the time. I keep it in my pocket while I'm at work, even though I can't use it there.

#20 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:41 AM

Yeah I'm gonna say coffee. When im at work at 5am I need it. NEED IT I TELL YOU.

Amen.
Before this nausea stole my love for caffeine away from me I used to sit and drink like 3-4 cups a day and if I didn't I was like "WHAT IS MY LIFE ANYMORE"

#21 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:47 AM

Amen.
Before this nausea stole my love for caffeine away from me I used to sit and drink like 3-4 cups a day and if I didn't I was like "WHAT IS MY LIFE ANYMORE"

I didn't start drinking caffeine until I was pregnant with my first. I had headaches every day, and the only thing that helped was caffeine.

#22 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:50 AM

I didn't start drinking caffeine until I was pregnant with my first. I had headaches every day, and the only thing that helped was caffeine.

I get headaches if I don't have caffeine too. It's really a bummer when I can't drink coffee but I'm going to try drinking it black. I've noticed it's usually the dairy in anything I eat or drink that really messes with my stomach. 

#23 Bleachd

Bleachd
  • 38 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:18 AM

Internet, masturbation, or smoking.

#24 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:49 AM

I don't really need coffee but I drink it all the time.

You can quit any time you want?

Food and gaming.

#25 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

I guess it'd be human contact unfortunately. I mean I could go a few months maybe even a few years without ever talking to another person but eventually my human nature would kick in declaring itself. "Lonely".

Also - spellcheck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kate nudes, dancing with miley, doin whatever we want, this is our house, this is our rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users