• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#1 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

I thought the "What do you collect" thread was about real collections, and I was disappointed to see that it wasn't. So I wanted to post this to find out what you guys collect IRL.

We collect spirit and wine bottles, shot glasses, absinthe spoons (sense a trend?), and board games. I myself have a fledgling collection of teapots and I collect (read: hoard) yarn.

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

What you said.

Plus vintage game consoles.

#3 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:47 PM

I'm not much of a collector really. :/ I seem to collect obscure spices/ingredients. 

#4 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:47 PM

Anime and video games.

There's no recent picture so I'll just steal it from my blog post from a year ago.

Spoiler

#5 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

I'm not much of a collector really. :/ I seem to collect obscure spices/ingredients.

Ooh, like what?

#6 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

I collect board games (Monopoly especially), and books. Lots and lots of books.

#7 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

I collect board games (Monopoly especially)

Do you have anything good? Recommendations?

#8 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

I collect board games (Monopoly especially), and books. Lots and lots of books.

We collect books too. We both got rid of about 3/4 of our books before we moved in together, but we're steadily building our collection back up. What are your favorite genres/authors?

#9 Tubbz

Tubbz

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

Ooh, like what?

I end up with lots of Caribbean ingredients in my cupboard. You'd be surprised (unless you cook things like that) how much of their staple diet can kill you if it's not cooked properly. Suppose that explains why most people who cook Caribbean food are amazing cooks (the ones who aren't don't last very long) 

There's also my wild garlic, that's not so wild any more (it was when I found it) but damn, that stank out the minibus. 

And wattle (that's my mum's fault, spending so much time in Oz) 

#10 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

We collect books too. We both got rid of about 3/4 of our books before we moved in together, but we're steadily building our collection back up. What are your favorite genres/authors?

Dead

Heres a cute doggie!!

Spoiler

#11 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

Do you have anything good? Recommendations?

We tend to collect editions of the classics: Monopoly, Scrabble, Payday, Game of Life, Ludo. As far as recommendations go, have you ever played the sudoku board game?

I read pretty much everything, but at the moment I'm really into fantasy, and anti-heroes.

#12 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

Dead

Heres a cute doggie!!

Spoiler

Finally, I knew you had already posted your four for today and I hadn't so I was doomed.

We tend to collect editions of the classics: Monopoly, Scrabble, Payday, Game of Life, Ludo. As far as recommendations go, have you ever played the sudoku board game?

I read pretty much everything, but at the moment I'm really into fantasy, and anti-heroes.

Most of my books are fantasy. Have you read the Coldfire trilogy by C. S. Friedman? My favorite anti-hero of ALL TIME is in that series.

#13 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

I have not played the sudoku board game. That strikes me as something that does not need to be made into a board game.

I think our board game collections are quite different :p

#14 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

IRL I collect limited edition coins, history books, black cat figurines, and animal crossing stuff.

#15 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

Dead

Heres a cute doggie!!

Spoiler

Kill confirmed!
Great job, guys!

#16 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

Most of my books are fantasy. Have you read the Coldfire trilogy by C. S. Friedman? My favorite anti-hero of ALL TIME is in that series.

I haven't but I will check it out. I just finished reading the Broken Empire trilogy by Mark Lawrence, and it made for repulsive reading at first, but by the third book I was hooked.

I have not played the sudoku board game. That strikes me as something that does not need to be made into a board game.

I think our board game collections are quite different :p

Most likely, what board games have you got?

#17 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

I end up with lots of Caribbean ingredients in my cupboard. You'd be surprised (unless you cook things like that) how much of their staple diet can kill you if it's not cooked properly. Suppose that explains why most people who cook Caribbean food are amazing cooks (the ones who aren't don't last very long)

There's also my wild garlic, that's not so wild any more (it was when I found it) but damn, that stank out the minibus.
And wattle (that's my mum's fault, spending so much time in Oz)

That's interesting. As far as I know, wattle is either a building ingredient, or the dangly bit under the chins of certain varieties of poultry. What kind of caribbean ingredients are you referring to?

We have a few interesting ingredients, but nothing terribly exciting. We have squid ink and forbidden rice that I bought with the intention of making an ice-cream, but haven't gotten around to it. We also have a few pure chemical ingredients like citric acid, agar powder and xanthan gum. I also have a strawberry infused oil that I made, that is waiting to be made into vacuum-cooled strawberry malt fragments.

#18 Tubbz

Tubbz

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

That's interesting. As far as I know, wattle is either a building ingredient, or the dangly bit under the chins of certain varieties of poultry. What kind of caribbean ingredients are you referring to?

We have a few interesting ingredients, but nothing terribly exciting. We have squid ink and forbidden rice that I bought with the intention of making an ice-cream, but haven't gotten around to it. We also have a few pure chemical ingredients like citric acid, agar powder and xanthan gum. I also have a strawberry infused oil that I made, that is waiting to be made into vacuum-cooled strawberry malt fragments.

It's wattleseed, not just wattle, sorry. 

It's quite nutty, but it's nice in rice. 

Ackee for a start. It's just salty really but it's great.  

Black eyed peas, as well as lots of other beans/peas, need prepping. 

They're the 2 I use the most. 

I have all kinds of flours as well. :/

And chilli sauces. And chilli plants. It's just the kitchen in general. 

#19 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

Suppose that explains why most people who cook Caribbean food are amazing cooks (the ones who aren't don't last very long) 

When I was a baby, my parents worked with this Jamaican guy who always got his Mom to cook for him and sometimes he would bring a dish for my parents. To this day they still talk about how that was the best flavoured food they ever had. And my Dad is a picky eater with a lot of allergies so he was particularly impressed. 

Me, I've never tried Caribbean food. Guess I'm missing out.

#20 Tubbz

Tubbz

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

When I was a baby, my parents worked with this Jamaican guy who always got his Mom to cook for him and sometimes he would bring a dish for my parents. To this day they still talk about how that was the best flavoured food they ever had. And my Dad is a picky eater with a lot of allergies so he was particularly impressed. 

Me, I've never tried Caribbean food. Guess I'm missing out.

My mum's friend was an amazing cook, so I'm told. 

My mum went to a party at her house, and she'd cooked curry goat. (one of my favourite things to eat whoever cooks it) Well my mum was really nice and brought me some back, curry and rice, in a foil takeaway dish. Well 24 hours later, I went to get the container out the fridge, and it was gone :/ I asked my mum what had happened and "it was too nice for you, so I ate it" -_- 

#21 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

Well my mum was really nice and brought me some back, curry and rice, in a foil takeaway dish. 

That's like what my parents ate. Some kind of curried rice in a foil dish :p

Anyway now that I'm older I'm a huge fan of spices. Cumin is probably my favourite. Smells great. I want to start growing my own because the ground spices just don't hold the flavour well I find.

#22 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

Most likely, what board games have you got?

Too many to list! Some highlights include Compounded, a recent Kickstarter completion; Betrayal at the House on the Hill, a tile-laying RPG-lite with fifty random scenarios; Spot-It Kids, which is a spot-the-match game we play with the girls; Seasons, a card-based resource management game with glorious artwork; Escape the Curse of the Temple, a frenetic real-time dice game that lasts exactly ten minutes every time; Cards Against Humanity, which is Apples To Apples for horrible people and a great party game for up to around twenty players; Tier Auf Tier, a German dexterity game that asks you to build a tower of animals; and Forbidden Island, a kid-friendly cooperative game where you collect treasure and escape a sinking island.

#23 Tubbz

Tubbz

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

That's like what my parents ate. Some kind of curried rice in a foil dish :p

Anyway now that I'm older I'm a huge fan of spices. Cumin is probably my favourite. Smells great. I want to start growing my own because the ground spices just don't hold the flavour well I find.

Just buy cumin seed and grind your own? Ground spices aren't that bad, compared to dried herbs -_-

#24 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

I'm pretty sure I've posted about these before bUT POKEMON CARDS HELL YEAHHHhHH

http://imgur.com/a/BLWNm

B) <3

#25 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

I collect bottle caps, which I hope to someday turn into something artsy.

So far I've got a lot of them and absolutely no clue what I'm going to make.

Edited by Trichomes, 12 January 2014 - 02:53 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: collections, nudes, etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users