#52 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

Has a favorite:

aliprivateleader1.jpg

Spoiler

We should have went with 21 shades of grey?

#53 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

Has a favorite:

aliprivateleader1.jpg

Spoiler

#5 is really a hit or miss for everyone, i think. :p some love it but some think it is too much. my favourite from the set is advanced+, sotw winner and programmer tag.

Edited by Stuck, 19 January 2014 - 03:29 PM.

#54 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

#5 is really a hit or miss for everyone, i think. :p some love it but some think it is too much. my favourite from the set is advanced+, sotw winner and programmer tag.

#5 was my favorite all-around. :D You did such an amazing job with all of your entries though, congratulations!

#55 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

We should have went with 21 shades of grey?

They stick out like a sore thumb on the dark skin.

I'm not saying 50 shades of grey, but more muted colors would be nice. After all, we've got a pretty sleek look going for us. Not as gaudy as jellyneo and the like.

But I'm not out for blood. This is merely constructive criticism, I'm not trying to raise a stink.

#56 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:25 AM

Are we gonna fix these for the dark skin? Some appear worse than others:

2NgqnTg.png

MvZHZ6B.png

jMYiiwd.png

#57 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:44 AM

Yeah @Dan, @Stuck has made some adjustments to them for the dark skin and they should be implemented soon enough ;)

#58 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:13 AM

Yeah @Dan, @Stuck has made some adjustments to them for the dark skin and they should be implemented soon enough ;)

Sweet. Liking the new bars.

#59 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

Well done Stuck, these look really good. It's also nice to see newer members of the community contributing in a positive way. I'm assuming you'll be an integral part of the graphics team from now on? (Do we have a graphics team anymore?)

#60 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

Well done Stuck, these look really good. It's also nice to see newer members of the community contributing in a positive way. I'm assuming you'll be an integral part of the graphics team from now on? (Do we have a graphics team anymore?)

We are looking at the possibility of bringing a small gfx team back, but whether we can drum up enough activity for the section or not will be the deciding factor.

#61 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

Sweet. Liking the new bars.

I love 'em too...just going to use the light skin until they are all pretty and shiny on the dark skin as well. :)

We are looking at the possibility of bringing a small gfx team back, but whether we can drum up enough activity for the section or not will be the deciding factor.

That would be an awesome idea, Strat.

#62 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

what if we use alternative userbar set (2nd-place entry) for the new site themes like the dark one? removing the white area from the current userbars is so much work tbh lol. since the shape of the 2nd-place entry is square, it removes the need to do so every time someone comes up with a new site theme. just my 2 cents, though.

Edited by Stuck, 22 January 2014 - 06:05 PM.

#63 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

what if we use alternative userbar set (2nd-place entry) for the new site themes like the dark one? removing the white area from the current userbars is so much work tbh lol. since the shape of the 2nd-place entry is square, it removes the need to do so every time someone comes up with a new site theme. just my 2 cents, though.

Is it even possible to do that? I've never worked with userbars on forums I've run, but I'm pretty sure the set has to be uniform unless you want to do major edits to code..

Also, how did you add the cool animations to the winning set?

Edited by L33T, 22 January 2014 - 06:11 PM.

#64 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

Is it even possible to do that? I've never worked with userbars on forums I've run, but I'm pretty sure the set has to be uniform unless you want to do major edits to code..

i think it is possible, but then again i know zilch about coding apart from basic html/css so yeah. :D

i just use photoshop to animate them. i just learn about them, actually. usually i have to make each frame one by one and drag them to another software (photoscape) to animate them. it's amazing how much you can do with photoshop. :o

#65 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

i think it is possible, but then again i know zilch about coding apart from basic html/css so yeah. :D

i just use photoshop to animate them. i just learn about them, actually. usually i have to make each frame one by one and drag them to another software (photoscape) to animate them. it's amazing how much you can do with photoshop. :o

Do I need a version of CS to animate? I only have elements :p

Edited by L33T, 22 January 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#66 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

Do I need a version of CS to animate? I only have elements :p

i'm not sure... try looking in "window" and see if there's "animation" there.

#67 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

Make them a gif file, and make the corners transparent. You will have to remove the anti-aliasing from the cut-offs, but that style works fine in this application.

#68 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

Make them a gif file, and make the corners transparent. You will have to remove the anti-aliasing from the cut-offs, but that style works fine in this application.

tried it but apparently doesn't work for animated gifs though. the transparent area will turn white.

#69 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

tried it but apparently doesn't work for animated gifs though. the transparent area will turn white.

It does work, but you will have to apply the deletion to every frame by hand.
Which is why you should have done it in the first place :p

#70 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:36 AM

It should be possible, I think Pyro has been looking into it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: winner, chicken, dinner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users