• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

It's pretty simple really, what's your opinion? 

At what point do you say "that's not acceptable!"

What part of drug taking makes you say no? 

Is it the side affects? 

The way its taken? 

The media?

What shapes your view on drugs? 

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

I used to smoke weed when I was younger and under a lot of 'stress'. What was stress to me back then is now the every day trials and tribulations of life. I was forced to quit when I got a job at a company which did drug tests, and honestly I don't miss smoking. The pieces, bongs and other paraphernalia are just not worth the short-lived high that I received. I'm now in the military and we get randomly drug tested, if there's the slightest hint of: THC, cocaine, meth, spice or any kind of unauthorized steroid - we get kicked out with an "Other than honorable" discharge on record.

I personally think that if a person's use of drugs gets in the way of taking care of their family and/or puts their and others lives at risk, then it's a problem. 

#3 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

For me, I'm going to say no to all drugs. The side affects are one reason as some are extremely harmful, plus there's all the risk of drug over doses. We have to spend tones of money on rehab clinics for those who get addicted, so it costs us hundreds/thousands of dollars when people use drugs. People can hurt their families and friends deeply by taking drugs/becoming addicts. Taking something because it gives you a momentary "high" is to me, no reason to start doing something which may end up causing extreme harm to your loved ones, and to your own health.

I suppose health class has helped shape my view, I've had to take it twice once in 8th grade and once as a junior, so I got a double dose of the drug unit. 

Edited by Satsuki, 21 January 2014 - 06:25 PM.

#4 Tubbz

Tubbz

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

See my one drug of choice (bar the legal, alcohol and tobacco) is sniff. 

I don't do it too regularly, but it really does make those good nights, great. 

I can't explain the effects, but it makes the night better. 

I've tried lots, and apart from alcohol, sniffing is the only thing that's even come close to making a difference in a night out. 

My main problem with drugs is, once you've taken it, it's there. You can't stop "drugging" you can stop drinking, it's more gradual. 

#5 Tubbz

Tubbz

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

I'll say no to drugs because I tend to get addicted to things really easily. If I got on drugs, it would be an endless spiral of doom.

You say you get addicted to things, but like what? 

What have you got addicted to that scares you off drugs? 

#6 leurz

leurz
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

Like neopets

and all the games before I have played

Best not to risk

Meh, game addiction /= physical addiction

I think you, presonally, should defs do some drugs nitro. Letcha hair down.

Come to think of it, I think all teens should just go try all the drugs. Then by the time you hit college it's so passe -- or you know what you like/shouldn't do. Then you can get good grades where it counts, move on and be productive human beings in later life. 

#7 Speedracer

Speedracer
  • The Triforce of Herp

• 771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

For other people I don't really care, except for mind altering drugs where you lose control of reality and your actions so you endanger others. As long as isn't detrimental to others around you it doesn't bother me. 

Personally I only drink; I sometimes smoke, I come from a region that is historically tobacco agriculture so it is ingrained in me somewhat. I realize how bad tobacco is for your health and I am asthmatic so I try not to. Marijuana I have never been interested, mainly because everyone I know that smokes it becomes very apathetic and unmotivated that stoner stereotype. Other drugs I just see as dangerous or not worthwhile

I'll say no to drugs because I tend to get addicted to things really easily. If I got on drugs, it would be an endless spiral of doom.

I know what you mean I have an addictive personality, if I pick up a bad habit its very hard to quit.

#8 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

I guess it depends the drug... like weed I feel has more better affects than bad affects for you, I don't even view it as a drug, but the government says it is so. :/ But when it comes to the hard stuff, I draw the line there, I guess for me it would be the way it's taken and the affects that they cause socially, physically and mentally.  

#9 Trinket

Trinket
  • Peen of the Quorygons

• 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

The only drug I'm on currently is a prescription drug for my anxiety and sleep, and admittedly, I absolutely hate that I have to take it xD that has enough side effects of its own, so I avoid everything else (including alcohol, but there are waaaay too many reasons for me to not drink that).

If other people want to take stuff then hey, it doesn't bother me.  As long as they don't try to force it on me, there's no big deal.  My ex's parents used to put pressure on me to drink because they really enjoyed drinking, and that bothered me a lot.

#10 Tubbz

Tubbz

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

Weed is one of the few drugs I've tried I REALLY dislike. It just doesn't agree with me. 

Mind altering drugs are great fun in the right environment. 

I tend to prefer subtle affects, and things that compliment alcohol consumption :) 

#11 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

Weed is one of the few drugs I've tried I REALLY dislike. It just doesn't agree with me. 

Come to London. I'll make it agree with you!

#12 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

I used to smoke weed, but I stopped liking how it made me feel.

#13 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:40 AM

I used to smoke weed, but I stopped liking how it made me feel.

Did you get depressed?

Edited by L33T, 22 January 2014 - 10:43 AM.

#14 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

Come to London. I'll make it agree with you!

Psh, London weed is really quite weak. Try Amsterdam weed if you want a proper buzz, it's like 10-15% TCH compare to London/UK's 7-8%.

See my one drug of choice (bar the legal, alcohol and tobacco) is sniff. 

I don't do it too regularly, but it really does make those good nights, great. 

I can't explain the effects, but it makes the night better. 

I've tried lots, and apart from alcohol, sniffing is the only thing that's even come close to making a difference in a night out. 

My main problem with drugs is, once you've taken it, it's there. You can't stop "drugging" you can stop drinking, it's more gradual. 

Coke's like the worst drug in the world. Not only is it really expensive, like £50-70 a gram (your geographical results may vary), it's addictive, lasts for about half an hour - an hour and seriously fucks up your heart. On top of that it has the most serious legal repercussions. 

#15 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

The only drugs I deal with are weed, alcohol and caffeine. I don't want anything to do with any other drugs.

#16 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

Personally I hate drugs. I don't like how they make me feel.. but if other people enjoy them then good for them.

#17 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

Did you get depressed?

Nah, I just didn't like the high anymore. It wasn't as fun as when I'd first started. I just got really lazy, ate a lot or laid in bed, and I just didn't want to be like that anymore. 

#18 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

Everyone should have the right to choose what to do with his or her body, but sometimes there are consequences. When people choose to use drugs, I think that they forget they are still accountable for all decisions made, even while under the influence. I hate when people blame their problems or mistakes on their addictions, because they made the conscious decision to try drugs, and then chose to continue using them instead of quitting before it becomes too difficult, or even dangerous. I do think it's possible to use even the most addictive substances recreationally, but it takes a lot of self control and willpower that I don't know if I possess, so I've stuck to weed and alcohol.

#19 Badger

Badger
  • 340 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

Whenever I've seen people use drugs, they have at best become a less motivated person who is generally less productive and more lazy, and at worst can become addicted, violent, and do immoral things to gain money to buy more.

I'm sure a lot of people enjoy drugs and see them as harmless recreation, but in my view they tend to usually end up having a negative impact... as far as I've experienced anyway.

#20 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

i develop a strong hatred of drugs because my uncle from my maternal side has been in and out of rehab for almost a decade now. he has been an addict for such a long time that my family sometimes joked about how long he will survive outside before getting slammed into rehab again. last year he got a pass to visit my sister's and brother's wedding ceremony (it's a joint-wedding) and mama and her sisters all cried while talking to him.

Edited by Stuck, 22 January 2014 - 06:13 PM.

#21 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

Everyone should have the right to choose what to do with his or her body, but sometimes there are consequences. When people choose to use drugs, I think that they forget they are still accountable for all decisions made, even while under the influence. I hate when people blame their problems or mistakes on their addictions, because they made the conscious decision to try drugs, and then chose to continue using them instead of quitting before it becomes too difficult, or even dangerous. I do think it's possible to use even the most addictive substances recreationally, but it takes a lot of self control and willpower that I don't know if I possess, so I've stuck to weed and alcohol.

Agreed. Or a lot of people use being under the influence as an excuse. My friend likes to get drunk, act a fool and then pretend he doesn't remember anything the next day. It's rage inducing.

#22 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

i develop a strong hatred of drugs because my uncle from my maternal side has been in and out of rehab for almost a decade now. he has been an addict for such a long time that my family sometimes joked about how long he will survive outside before getting slammed into rehab again. last year he got a pass to visit my sister's and brother's wedding ceremony (it's a joint-wedding) and mama and her sisters all cried while talking to him.

That really sucks :/. I can relate, my grand father was like that.. but not with drugs. What drug(s) consumed your uncle?

#23 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

That really sucks :/. I can relate, my grand father was like that.. but not with drugs. What drug(s) consumed your uncle?

morphine, i think. my parents don't like to share about this stuff to us kids in fear of us getting influenced by it but that's the drug famous here in this part of the world. it's so easily available.

Edited by Stuck, 22 January 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#24 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

morphine, i think. my parents don't like to share about this stuff to us kids in fear of us getting influenced by it but that's the drug famous here in this part of the world. it's so easily available.

I'm sorry. Also, why? You seem mature enough to know about things going on in family :p

#25 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:33 AM

None of my friends do drugs (not even weed) so I was never peer pressured into trying any. I've been told by other people they get asked at the station whether they want to buy drugs but it has never happened to me. Seems like I don't look like the type who would be taking any. xP Honestly, I have no desire to try drugs and I can go rampant when people force others to take some like second-hand smoke or stoned people distributing sweets with weed without telling what's inside. Leave it to everyone to decide whether they want to take it or not please >>

I *could* see myself getting addicted to those concentration enhancing drugs though u_U Better don't try them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users