Quantcast

Photo

Valentine's Day

love it hate it funny

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Valentine's Day

Love it or hate it?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 MeowMeowMaryJane

MeowMeowMaryJane
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

My bf and I will most likely just buy a bag of weed, order delivery, and watch a movie XD

#27 Pompeii

Pompeii
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

My bf and I will most likely just buy a bag of weed, order delivery, and watch a movie XD

Sounds like me and my bf. High sushi dates out by the lake is our plan.

Anyways, my boyfriend isn't even my favorite part of valentine's day. Don't tell him that or he will cry many tears.

THESE are:

tumblr_mju8cxjFdh1qgwqw9o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mzq7pgFgGU1rhxsypo4_500.png

and if any of you want to see more of these beauties I would gladly supply. 

#28 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

I just use Valentines Day as an excuse to post awesome valentines on facebook  

large.jpg

#29 MeowMeowMaryJane

MeowMeowMaryJane
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

I love those! And I love doing that too, haha. I find different ones to post on my bf's fb wall every few days leading up to valentine's and then save the best one that I find for the 14th XD

#30 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:07 AM

Never really liked Valentines day as I think I'm pretty affectionate year-round... but I guess it works as a reminder to show appreciation those that you care for.

That said it's difficult to have an overly romantic V-day when you're 5000 miles away  :nahnah:

#31 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:35 AM

Oh god you're not another e-romance like the odd couple are you?

#32 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:05 AM

It's just another day in my life. It always has been. I'm ready for Thanksgiving again.

#33 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:23 AM

Oh god you're not another e-romance like the odd couple are you?

You must have missed the memo.

#34 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

tumblr_n0fkqojFzz1qdxb69o1_500.jpg

I found some cute Valentine's Day ideas on tumblr though:

Spoiler

Personalized tea box: http://youngwifesgui...ersonalized-te/

DIY Vintage Arrow valentine: http://www.designspo...-valentine.html

#35 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

I don't have any intention to celebrate it, and agree that it's over-commercialized (I found a denim-shaped heart in CVS last February), but I hate it when people complain about being single/lonely the whole day. You're not special for being ~anti-Valentine's day~.

#36 Gnome

Gnome
  • Alpha As Fuck

• 1054 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

I don't celebrate Valentines day because it's also my birthday and it's a great excuse to avoid the day because I'm always single. 

It does get awkward when people ask about having a birthday on valentines day and ask how it works. 

#37 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:20 AM

It's coming.

Run. Run while you still can.

#38 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:36 AM

I'm excited for two days after Vday when we actually get to "celebrate". We're going out for dinner and I'm going to drink non-alcoholic beverages and fill my face with delicious noms. 

#39 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

Daniel bought me this and I'm so happy.. We've been together for years and years but this is the first time he was home for Valentines day. Usually he's away for Winter Warfare training in another province:

Spoiler

#40 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

Today isn't so special for me, I'm more excited for tomorrow when I actually get to celebrate with my boyfriend. I agree that the holiday has been over-commercialized but its still a fun day to show the important people in your life that you love them! I don't see any reason that Valentine's day is for romantic love only, I always give my mom a card and chocolates because I love her and appreciate all that she's done for me. 

#41 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

My dad sent me flowers...  at work.

Edited by Rocket, 14 February 2014 - 11:23 AM.

#42 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:01 PM

We finally got Cristen's married name put onto her social security. That's kind of romantic, in a homely kind of way.

#43 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

Daniel bought me this and I'm so happy.. We've been together for years and years but this is the first time he was home for Valentines day. Usually he's away for Winter Warfare training in another province:

Spoiler

That is such a cool gift, Kate!! I love art on it.

Dan and I are currently battling it out over Words with Friends. Later we'll play some Civ 5 I think. No gifts this year but I'm just fine with spending quality time  :wub:

#44 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

Dan and I are currently battling it out over Words with Friends. Later we'll play some Civ 5 I think. No gifts this year but I'm just fine with spending quality time  :wub:

I'm winning (obviously).

Thank You Based God.

#45 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

I thought it was really thoughtful of him, we usually don't do the gift thing for any holiday so I was surprised. 

Also, spending time together is the best gift! That's really what it's about. Every other year Daniel has been away and I just loved to have the chance to talk to him on the phone. 

#46 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

We never really do much for it, too close to both our birthdays to be worth the effort. I did say I'd cook tonight but as the Boy is only just leaving the office, forget that, I will order pizza in a moment and dig out some half decent wine or whisky because I'm good to him like that. He always gets me a book, and a piece of jewellery. I got one of our incredibly arty friends to do a big papercut map of London for him.

#47 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

We never really do much for it, too close to both our birthdays to be worth the effort. I did say I'd cook tonight but as the Boy is only just leaving the office, forget that, I will order pizza in a moment and dig out some half decent wine or whisky because I'm good to him like that. He always gets me a book, and a piece of jewellery. I got one of our incredibly arty friends to do a big papercut map of London for him.

This seems like a nice evening! There used to be a pizza place near my college apartment that would cut their pizzas into a heart on Valentine's day, your post made me really crave some heart shaped pizza! 

#48 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

This seems like a nice evening! There used to be a pizza place near my college apartment that would cut their pizzas into a heart on Valentine's day, your post made me really crave some heart shaped pizza! 

Apart from the bit where it's almost 9.30 pm and I've been home by myself for 3 hours, sure.

That is a terrible idea, to cut a heart shape pizza, you would need a pizza to be bigger than the heart to start with which means you are WASTING VALUABLE PIZZA.

#49 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

@Kat bought me pizza earlier this week. 

:x3:  :wub:

#50 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

There are a few places around here that do heart shaped pizza's. I used to get one and eat the whole thing and cry over it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: love it, hate it, funny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users