• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

Hello guys it's me again and this time I come back with a question :(

When you make your own list, should you place all the UB items (like millions of profit) at the beginning of your list? From most profitable to least profitable? I find out I miss 90% of the items with that setting. 

For example. 

13:45:09 - Missed Usul-in-waiting Stamp: Sold out.
13:45:11 - Missed Lost Desert Scroll Stamp: Sold out.
13:45:13 - Missed Qasalan Delights Stamp: Sold out.
13:45:15 - Missed Mutant Techo Plushie Stamp: Sold out.
13:45:16 - Missed Thyoras Tear Stamp: Sold out.
13:45:18 - Missed New Maraqua Stamp: Sold out.

If I reverse my setting, let the lowest price item stay at the top, does that mean at least Abrosia can buy me some items?

It just feels like Abrosia is trying to buy Usul-in-waiting Stamp, sold out, and then buy Lost Desert Scroll Stamp, sold out. If i reverse the setting I might be able to get Qasalan Delights Stamp. Am I right? 

Feel free to discuss your opinions here. Any opinions will help and will be appreciated.

Edited by brianbrian, 25 January 2014 - 10:02 PM.

#2 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

Well, this could be the shortest lived AB'ing strategy ever.

If all you wanted is the biggest hit possible every time you run Abrosia, the way your list is currently set is best.

If you put the lower priced items first, as they often don't sell as quick, you'll find you never attempt to buy the high profit items. 

#3 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:30 AM

It depends on your desired strategy, some people prefer focusing on buying a smaller number of high profit items while others prefer focusing on getting a higher number of lower profit items. For the former you'd be better off having your list ordered highest profit to lowest and for the latter you'd probably want it the other way around.

#4 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:15 AM

Maybe you shouldn't be abing stamp without really buy times. I make millions a day without touching stamp or magic.

Edited by jinq, 26 January 2014 - 08:16 AM.

#5 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

Thanks nitro, tubbz and Waser lave, I appreciate your opinions. I will keep it the way it is. I find out on average I get a 90k-100k item in 3 hours. 

Am I restocking at a wrong store? I am pretty new to here so I haven't have the oppotunity to test different store yet. I heard I should at least stay at the same store for 2 weeks before I switch.

I restock at book store for one day once and I brought a 90k book

I know I definitely don't like to restock at wearable because it stucks in my shop for months.

Maybe you shouldn't be abing stamp without really buy times. I make millions a day without touching stamp or magic.

jinq what do you mean "buy times"? :o Do you mean the Bought XXXXXX: 2525 NP in 2530ms this one? I set the pre-haggle 1.0-1.1 and OCR page delay 1.0 - 1.4 which is the lowest I can access without advanced member. My buy time is around 2500ms every time. Is that too low?

Do you use one account or lots of accounts? And how many hours do you restock everyday? Do you buy large quantity of cheap items or 1-2 expensive items? 

Edited by brianbrian, 26 January 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#6 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

Thanks nitro, tubbz and Waser lave, I appreciate your opinions. I will keep it the way it is. I find out on average I get a 90k-100k item in 3 hours. 

Am I restocking at a wrong store? I am pretty new to here so I haven't have the oppotunity to test different store yet. I heard I should at least stay at the same store for 2 weeks before I switch.

I know I definitely don't like to restock at wearable because it stucks in my shop for months.

jinq what do you mean "buy times"? :o Do you mean the Bought XXXXXX: 2525 NP in 2530ms this one? I set the pre-haggle 1.0-1.1 and OCR page delay 1.0 - 1.4 which is the lowest I can access without advanced member. My buy time is around 2500ms every time. Is that too low?

Do you use one account or lots of accounts? And how many hours do you restock everyday? Do you buy large quantity of cheap items or 1-2 expensive items? 

Yes, the buy time would be the 2530ms. 2500ms is fine. It's generally agreed that 1500ms and above tend to be the safest times. Though to some 2500ms may seem a bit too slow for their liking. 

#7 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

Yes, the buy time would be the 2530ms. 2500ms is fine. It's generally agreed that 1500ms and above tend to be the safest times. Though to some 2500ms may seem a bit too slow for their liking. 

Are there ways to improve my buy time beside buying the $5 member? I can't buy the member so I will have to spam 500 posts and beg everyone to vote me D: Or improve my internet speed and live with my current Absoria :p

#8 Speedracer

Speedracer
  • The Triforce of Herp

• 771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

You could try starting your lists at a lower profit level so you aren't fighting for the best items every restock; for instance 25K profit and below lists instead of one that starts with items that are 500K profit

Are there ways to improve my buy time beside buying the $5 member? I can't buy the member so I will have to spam 500 posts and beg everyone to vote me D: Or improve my internet speed and live with my current Absoria :p

You can earn credits to pay for the membership in the offers tab

#9 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

You could try starting your lists at a lower profit level so you aren't fighting for the best items every restock; for instance 25K profit and below lists instead of one that starts with items that are 500K profit

You can earn credits to pay for the membership in the offers tab

Thanks for the opinion, it is just the thought of I MIGHT GET AN ITEM WORTH 10000000000000000000000000000 NPS excited me and make me keep my stocking list from high to low. 

#10 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

Please don't. There are other ways to increase your post count. Try looking into the debate section: if you get into a good debate with someone, you can increase your post count by a lot without spamming. You could also contribute to the community by making guides. If you're helpful enough, you might not even need 500 posts to get advanced+

hahahah I am just kidding. I expect to take about 1 year to actually produce 500 posts :D

Thanks for the idea to go to the debate section. I will check it out later.

Meanwhile.... another question raise in my head. I want to double my profit, I read your shell guide and yung's guide. 

i have a 6 years old side account which i haven't log in in years. I can access to that account. but I used to log in that account with my main accont on the same ip adress, is it safe to use my side account to restock (with a proxy) or I should just start up a new shell?

Also, do you have a good free proxy recomment? Do I have to use the same ip address on proxy all the time? Most of the website that provide a proxy gives out a different IP address every day so doesn't it look suspious? 

Sorry this is not really related to my topic here. Should I start a new topic to discuss it? 

Edited by brianbrian, 26 January 2014 - 02:57 PM.

#11 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

Yeah, 2530 ms is way too slow for stamp imho if you want to make lots of nps. You should try other shops and see. I have bought a bag of peanuts 3 times in 1 rs before but keep getting missed items in stamps.

#12 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Yeah, 2530 ms is way too slow for stamp imho if you want to make lots of nps. You should try other shops and see. I have bought a bag of peanuts 3 times in 1 rs before but keep getting missed items in stamps.

What shops do you suggest me to try? Fresh food?

#13 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

Yeah make a new topic. I'll take a look at it later.
Buy times = how long it took to buy, counting from when you send a request to the haggle page to when it's bought. 2500ms is pretty slow, but that might be due to your distance from TNT's servers and/or internet speed. But don't panic, it's very possible to get valuable items. @Faintingcow got a few draik morphing potions recently with buy times of ~3000ms

I am trying fresh food now, let's hope it will bring me more profit than stamps 

#14 Tubbz

Tubbz

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

Have you tried just letting the program roam? As in go to random shops and see what it gets. 

See what yield you get from that and decide if that's acceptable for a day. 

#15 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

Have you tried just letting the program roam? As in go to random shops and see what it gets. 

See what yield you get from that and decide if that's acceptable for a day. 

I did, the first day of my Abrosia life I did that and.... I got some really hard to sell items from wearable. 

#16 Tubbz

Tubbz

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

Heh have fun. Stamps is a much better place to restock at. Food shop usually has close to full stock, so it cant stock the better items as often. Stick with books, stamps, and maybe magic.

Yes and wait for the weather to turn very cold...

I did, the first day of my Abrosia life I did that and.... I got some really hard to sell items from wearable. 

HTS isn't a bad thing. Take reseller offers, it's still more than you'd likely get restocking manually. 

#17 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

Yes and wait for the weather to turn very cold...

HTS isn't a bad thing. Take reseller offers, it's still more than you'd likely get restocking manually. 

No the HTS I got is like around 60k items which is not high enough for me to put on trading post yet it stucks in my shop for ages. It will never sell :(

Heh have fun. Stamps is a much better place to restock at. Food shop usually has close to full stock, so it cant stock the better items as often. Stick with books, stamps, and maybe magic.

I was at stamps, I am just gonna try food for a couple days. I've been told to stay away from stamps because my buy time isn't fast enough though

#18 Tubbz

Tubbz

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

No the HTS I got is like around 60k items which is not high enough for me to put on trading post yet it stucks in my shop for ages. It will never sell :(

I was at stamps, I am just gonna try food for a couple days. I've been told to stay away from stamps because my buy time isn't fast enough though

1. They will eventually sell.

2. Stamps has a relatively high freeze rate, and all the high end stamps are HTS without raising suspicion. 

#19 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

1. They will eventually sell.

2. Stamps has a relatively high freeze rate, and all the high end stamps are HTS without raising suspicion. 

Do you let the abrosia run to whatever store it wants? It is pretty difficult to test where is the best place to restock and it depends on how many people online. 

At my time zone I often see 13000+ players online and before I go to bed there are only 9000

#20 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

His buy times aren't low enough to raise suspicion. And if he limits autobuying to 2 hours at a time max, then it shouldn't be a problem. It's also unlikely that he would get high end stamps with those settings, but in case that happens, you can always rely on saving screenshots in a part of the Abrosia settings :)

If I get a high end stamp, I will let it sit on my deposit box for 2 years before I start selling them :D

#21 Tubbz

Tubbz

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

His buy times aren't low enough to raise suspicion. And if he limits autobuying to 2 hours at a time max, then it shouldn't be a problem. It's also unlikely that he would get high end stamps with those settings, but in case that happens, you can always rely on saving screenshots in a part of the Abrosia settings :)

I've seen people with screen shots get called out on TC and frozen.
You have to accept, stamps comes with big risks due to the huge profit in individual items.

If I get a high end stamp, I will let it sit on my deposit box for 2 years before I start selling them :D

How are you going to explain it then?
Oh sorry guys, just found a 100m+ stamp sat in my SDB guess I must have missed it!

#22 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

I've seen people with screen shots get called out on TC and frozen.
You have to accept, stamps comes with big risks due to the huge profit in individual items.

How are you going to explain it then?
Oh sorry guys, just found a 100m+ stamp sat in my SDB guess I must have missed it!

Is TNT really gonna check trading post? Plus, if the stamp store release a high end stamp, somebody gotta buy it. Somebody is going to have the stamp. 

If it is really that dangerous... I am going to put the 100m+ stamp on my album and start collecting stamps myself hahah 

#23 Tubbz

Tubbz

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

Is TNT really gonna check trading post? Plus, if the stamp store release a high end stamp, somebody gotta buy it. Somebody is going to have the stamp. 

If it is really that dangerous... I am going to put the 100m+ stamp on my album and start collecting stamps myself hahah

It's not TNT that's the issue, everyone who uses the boards is super suspicious?
"where did that stamp come from?"
"Oh I just walked into stamps and it was there"

It's all ridiculous. Its not worth the hassle.

#24 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:26 PM

It's not TNT that's the issue, everyone who uses the boards is super suspicious?
"where did that stamp come from?"
"Oh I just walked into stamps and it was there"

It's all ridiculous. Its not worth the hassle.

That's good at least I don't have to worry about it now because I might never ever get a high end stamp with my setting :D

#25 Tubbz

Tubbz

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

That's good at least I don't have to worry about it now because I might never ever get a high end stamp with my setting :D

I've had a couple over 1m, with basic settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users