Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

Exactly ;) insider information...

;) I will take all your opinions seriously 

#27 Peaches

Peaches
  • 497 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

I lived at home during my schooling. Some days I prayed for drugs and alcohol to take me far away.

#28 lovelymae

lovelymae
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

In my opinion, college is one of the safest times that people can experiment with drinking/drugs. Most students don't drive to parties and a lot of college parties tend to be in the same dorm buildings that the students live in. I don't think it's possible for people to stop students from experimenting, it's too easy to circumvent, so colleges should focus on providing transportation for inebriated students or focusing on the safety of the students themselves.

I agree with this. Kids in college are going to drink, and experiement, and there is 100% nothing you can do. Educate them so they know (or at least have an idea) what they are getting in to, and try to create a safe environment. Although I will say it seems to be more difficult in the States with that whole 21+ thing... which I think is ridiculous. Be an adult in every way, but I am going to slap that alcohol out of your hand until you are 21.

#29 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

I think the drinking age should be lowered to 18 and colleges should open bars on campus. Kids are going to drink anyway, and if school officials/campus pd could watch over these kids when they drink instead of the kids having to hide and go off campus, it would be a lot safer. 

#30 ubersaurus

ubersaurus
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

I think the drinking age should be lowered to 18 and colleges should open bars on campus. Kids are going to drink anyway, and if school officials/campus pd could watch over these kids when they drink instead of the kids having to hide and go off campus, it would be a lot safer. 

I couldn't agree with you more. Drinking can affect a developing brain, and brains are supposedly developing into the early 20s or whatever - personally I think thats bullshit, but that isn't what we're debating.

Anyways, I think American society needs to take a lot more responsibility in raising its children. I don't mean to say that we need a nanny state, or whatever. People need to learn from their mistakes. But here's my analogy: you tell a kid that the stove is hot and that it will burn their hand, then you tell them to quickly touch it and they only burn their hand a little bit, but they now know the potential of burning the hell out of themselves. Why not apply the same logic to finances and debt? Maybe have some sort of game in schools that kids are required to play in their finance class where they can see the perils of going into debt....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: college, drinking, drugs, statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users