Photo

Online Poker

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Cant Stop Me

Cant Stop Me
  • 694 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

Anyone here play, if so at which sites, I play BCP / ACR.

#2 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Bovada for real money. Used to play Pokerstars for real money until the US decided we can't do that anymore.

Edited by Futurama, 06 February 2014 - 08:43 PM.

#3 Cant Stop Me

Cant Stop Me
  • 694 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

I play Bovada a little bit, but I don't like the whole anonymous thing, I like to know who I am playing and vice versa, they got better prizepools and more players than BCP though.

#4 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

I hate their tournaments at Bovada though, late registration on EVERY DAMN TOURNAMENT. I mean, seriously?

#5 Cant Stop Me

Cant Stop Me
  • 694 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

I like it, on BCP we got 3 hour left reg, you can join 3 hours in and be itm in 30 minutes.

#6 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:00 AM

I don't personally know anyone who can do that but a friend of a friend apparently earns their income from Online Poker. It's cool that it's possible but from what they've told me he spends a lot time playing and the earnings are probably not that great.

#7 Cant Stop Me

Cant Stop Me
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:03 AM

I don't personally know anyone who can do that but a friend of a friend apparently earns their income from Online Poker. It's cool that it's possible but from what they've told me he spends a lot time playing and the earnings are probably not that great.

People make millions a month playing poker online.

#8 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:30 AM

Then people are losing millions a month playing online pokers. 

#9 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:33 AM

+1 This is the smartest post you have ever written. (serious)

#10 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:17 AM

I used to play several years ago, can't remember the site, though it was for real money or fake and I was actually pretty good at it.

#11 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

Dan, my father is a social gambler.  He lectures me on the subject.  Poker among friends is a zero net sum. With the net benefit of companionship, whiskey and dirty jokes.  Online poker the house takes a percentage so rate of return is less than a zero net sum.

Now, that Is assuming that regulation of online gaming provides a completely legitimate game--------That made me smile-----

What is interesting is that a person can get rather cheaply a program that will analysis using advanced gaming theory the risk/reward of each hand.  This is assuming that a person is not playing against an on-line zombie-bot.  

#12 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

I played poker online for two years without working. Possibly made somewhere in the region of around £120k. One of my friends bought a £400k house with his winnings, although he played 24/7 and would go weeks without seeing the family he lived with in the same house.

#13 Cant Stop Me

Cant Stop Me
  • 694 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:25 AM

There are millions of people playing online a majority of them are terrible, that's how we make money.

#14 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

I'd rather play live poker at a tournament somewhere than online, I was thinking of going to a WSOP tournament. (not the main one, some people may not know there's actually like 55 other tournaments before the main one).

Edited by Futurama, 18 February 2014 - 08:28 AM.

#15 Doomsday

Doomsday
  • 178 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

The problem with online poker is that it can be botted (I have a working online poker bot that works at both Bovoda and Americas Cardroom quite well) but I just don't use as much because I can't be bothered with online poker anymore.

The biggest part of online poker is that I've noticed people tend to take more risks based on heat of the moment and the fact they can attempt to 'bluff' more as they don't show their face or body language (meaning they have less tells).  Bots take out this behavior by sticking to the rules they are instructed to follow and I've watched them fold hands I would normally have played or pushed because by the numbers of outs, it was the right call to make when you take out the 'hope' for a hit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users