Quantcast

Photo

How would your best friend describe you?

kate nudes emotional so emotional i get so emotional baby whitney houston

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

Long story short, I got asked this question while preparing for an interview and I thought it was an interesting thing to think about. Now of course, since it was an interview, I mostly talked about the positive things and skewed the negative things to make them seem positive (e.g. emotional = emphatic and passionate).

But this is not an interview. THIS. IS. SPARTA. (WOW THAT IS SO NOT AN OLD REFERENCE). If I had to be completely honest, I think my best friend would describe me this way:

Loyal. If anything, I know who/what my priorities are and if I'm anything, I'm loyal to my friends and family.

Dramatic. I get easily worked up which stems for how passionate I go into things. Whether it's school, work, friends or relationships, I usually give 100% and thus I get easily upset/worked up over small things for a multitude of reasons.

Approachable. I always try my best to seem approachable and not snobby. I don't come off as intimidating or condescending. Just friendly.

Over-analytical. Mix of good and bad that ties with being dramatic. I usually blow things way out of proportion because my brain is constantly on rapid fire, trying to gauge every possible scenario and assuming the worst will happen.

I'll stop there because I don't wanna just talk about myself on this forever (which I DO have to do on the interview. Ugh). Others would proabbly include judgmental, driven, stubborn, well-spoken, lazy/glutton, optimistic and self-aware. I'm lucky enough to have a best friend who really does know me extremely well. 

Oh and of course she would say I hate sex. UGH.

Wanna participate?

#2 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:06 AM

"Like a particularly high-maintenance child"

#3 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:08 AM

"Best friend"?

#4 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:14 AM

wut is friends?

#5 Dance

Dance
  • 106 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

Hopefully loyal, a bit overly-focused, high intensity, a tad bit paranoid, but always trying to do the right thing.

#6 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:26 AM

British lover, Otaku, weird, lazy, future evil vilianness.

Edited by Satsuki, 20 February 2014 - 09:32 AM.

#7 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

British wannabe, Otaku, weird, lazy, future evil vilianness.

#8 Jarst

Jarst
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

Lazy beyond belief. Unfairly smart

#9 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

"Like a particularly high-maintenance child"

Why am I not surprised. Also cat-lady.

"Best friend"?

Not all of us have wives :( But I guess a specific friend with whom you are extremely close?

#10 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

Most of the words he'd use wouldn't be forum friendly. 

#11 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

She'd probably describe me as dramatic, emotional/sensitive, funny because we just make each other laugh all the time and shit, bitchy (but never to her :p), maaaaybe a little bit bossy, reliable, helpful. ^_^ 

#12 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:07 AM

Is it fair to answer that myself? Then I'm just describing myself. It would be a whole more legit if we all asked our best friends and pasted it here :p

I'm going to look if I can get an answer later (either best female friend or bf if first fails).

#13 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

Is it fair to answer that myself? Then I'm just describing myself. It would be a whole more legit if we all asked our best friends and pasted it here :p

I'm going to look if I can get an answer later (either best female friend or bf if first fails).

Well the question isn't "get your best friend to describe you" but "how do you think your best friend would describe you".

It shows not only self-awareness, but how you feel your friend values you. For example, my best friend constantly says I'm well-spoken and that I have a way of "perfectly stating something" even though I feel I'm just mediocre at it. I also wouldn't call myself stubborn, but she definitely says that about me haha.

#14 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

Well the question isn't "get your best friend to describe you" but "how do you think your best friend would describe you".

It shows not only self-awareness, but how you feel your friend values you. For example, my best friend constantly says I'm well-spoken and that I have a way of "perfectly stating something" even though I feel I'm just mediocre at it. I also wouldn't call myself stubborn, but she definitely says that about me haha.

I also think there are sometimes negative things about yourself that you feel your friends might notice. I guess that falls under self-awareness. 
For example, Emily might not say I'm bossy, but I definitely catch myself being bossy sometimes and it's something I am conscious of.

#15 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

Not all of us have wives :( But I guess a specific friend with whom you are extremely close?

*blank stare*

#16 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

*blank stare*

Don't feel bad, my best friend is on the internet. 
Outside the internet I don't actually have friends, let alone best friends. :p

#17 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

It shows not only self-awareness, but how you feel your friend values you.

I thought you'd say that, lol. And yes, that's why it's an interview question :p It might be different from how you'd describe yourself. I just think it's more interesting to actually ask your best friend to see how s/he perceives you. I also pay attention to what my friends say about me but the big picture will probably still be different.

#18 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

I also think there are sometimes negative things about yourself that you feel your friends might notice. I guess that falls under self-awareness. 
For example, Emily might not say I'm bossy, but I definitely catch myself being bossy sometimes and it's something I am conscious of.

Exactly. I know that I do/don't come off certain ways which is quite different from how I personally feel. e.g. almost everyone who knows me would and do describe me as extremely sociable and outgoing.

When I personally know that I hate being in a room full of people I don't know and would much prefer being alone on the internet than forced in awkward social situation. That being said, if I AM put in those situation forcibly, I am able to adapt and come off as someone who isn't awkward. But no one knows how much "talking up" I have to do to myself beforehand

I thought you'd say that, lol. And yes, that's why it's an interview question :p It might be different from how you'd describe yourself. I just think it's more interesting to actually ask your best friend to see how s/he perceives you. I also pay attention to what my friends say about me but the big picture will probably still be different.

I feel like she wouldn't say the mean things tbh. But I know her well enough to know she thinks it haha.

#19 Speedracer

Speedracer
  • The Triforce of Herp

• 771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:09 AM

Loyal to a fault, short tempered, funny, determined, country and probably hyper competitive 

#20 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

Yep, we definitely make each other laugh all the time. I think she'd also describe me as somewhat slow at times >.> I also stress over stuff a lot and go on rants - like I did about my stupid group members last night. Other than that, I think she'd say I'm nice, silly, dependable, and we're always there for each other. We'd defend each other no matter what.

#21 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

"do not leave alone with knives and lighter fluid. puer cause I don't age physically or mentally."

#22 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:01 PM

*blank stare*

Just answer it from my perspective, if you're going to answer it at all :p

#23 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

Most of the words he'd use wouldn't be forum friendly. 

I feel the same way about my best (male) friend.

Must be a British thing.

#24 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

all jokes aside... i think my best friend would describe me as "ginger" yes she calls me that, weird, sarcastic and loving.

#25 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

I feel the same way about my best (male) friend.

Must be a British thing.

I said to someone the other day, if a friend turned up and was nice to me, I'd worry I was dying and didn't know. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kate nudes, emotional, so emotional, i get so emotional baby, whitney houston

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users