• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Dance

Dance
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:49 AM

Hi there,

So i've recently been having trouble with some spotty connection issues, my wifi might be unresponsive for 5 seconds every half hour. Outside of this 5 seconds, everything is running absolutely peachy. However, if abrosia's timing happens to line up with those 5 seconds, it completely stops the program. It gets stuck at the Status: Visiting Shop Id...

I can't check on abrosia when it's running and it's completely stopping me from ABing because the program will get stuck before even a purchase has been made.

So my question to you all is: Can I force Abrosia to reload? It seems like Abrosia is just sitting there waiting for an unresponsive page for 8 hours, is there a way to make the program think "oh hey, maybe something isn't working here, let's try again"?

Any feedback is appreciated!

Edit: Apparently this is only happening directly after visiting attic today, maybe it's not my connection.

Edited by Dance, 23 February 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#2 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1,613 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:16 AM

It's a bug that's been around for a long while. Well of course it can be fixed within Abrosia but I believe the source is not maintained right now.

I don't think I have any suggestion for you how to fix it yourself except restarting when it happens.

#3 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:56 AM

Ah yes that bug. Neopets' servers just have problems and won't load a page. It would be nice if Abrosia could detect if a page didn't load for 5 minutes or something, but as such it doesn't. Just restart it. It's especially annoying if you're away for a couple of days and want to run Abrosia using the scheduler and it freezes on the first day -.-

#4 Dance

Dance
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

Holy cow, I just restarted it and it ran for 5 minutes then shut down, but I got a R99 6 seconds before it did =o

#5 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1,613 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

Ah yes that bug. Neopets' servers just have problems and won't load a page. It would be nice if Abrosia could detect if a page didn't load for 5 minutes or something, but as such it doesn't. Just restart it. It's especially annoying if you're away for a couple of days and want to run Abrosia using the scheduler and it freezes on the first day -.-

I recommend using Teamviewer on your computer and checking it once on a while using your mobile.

#6 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4,347 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

The most trusted method to go about getting the best results is to first spell the program's name correctly.

Edited by Adam, 23 February 2014 - 10:40 AM.

#7 Dance

Dance
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

Oh sheesh, friggin autocorrect on my phone, shoulda noticed that!

#8 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

Um I don't have problems with visiting the attic. Does it happen every time after you visit the attic?

#9 Dance

Dance
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:02 AM

Um I don't have problems with visiting the attic. Does it happen every time after you visit the attic?

After a few more tries, it's disconnecting randomly so it's probably is my connection. It's just strangely lining up with when I visit the attic, perhaps attic has lower connection speed or something? Hopefully I can figure this out because I cannot run ambrosia at all like this.

#10 jinq

jinq
  • 1,548 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

Yeah I get that problem too often when I used to run abrosia. Pmed Cody and he said he'll look into it when he has time.

I never used the attic ab but my wireless can go out for several seconds/minutes sometimes.

Edited by jinq, 23 February 2014 - 11:16 AM.

#11 ortin

ortin
  • I'm so l33k

• 5,908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

After a few more tries, it's disconnecting randomly so it's probably is my connection. It's just strangely lining up with when I visit the attic, perhaps attic has lower connection speed or something? Hopefully I can figure this out because I cannot run ambrosia at all like this.

Probably just Neo's servers being laggy due to the load. Attic shouldn't have a problem that's independent from all the other places though. I think running Abrosia in the middle of the night is less prone to getting frozen on one page since less people use Neo during those times.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: abrosia, ab, noob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users