• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

The best show that no one's talking about. 

Trailer:

Season 2 premieres April 19, so there's plenty of time to get caught up.

Discussion/speculation? (spoiler tags plz)

#2 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

I've seen it, love it! 

#3 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

Looks VERY Promising. I may watch it when I have time.

I'm just guessing here, but is there like a secret organization involved and the protagonist is just plain unlucky for having a similar face?

#4 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

I've seen the first 5 episodes, so I really need to finish this season before the next one starts! It's really good so far, I just wish it was on Netflix.

#5 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

Looks VERY Promising. I may watch it when I have time.

I'm just guessing here, but is there like a secret organization involved and the protagonist is just plain unlucky for having a similar face?

:hypocrite:

I've seen the first 5 episodes, so I really need to finish this season before the next one starts! It's really good so far, I just wish it was on Netflix.

It's pretty easily accessible on the internet, BBC America hasn't been too strict about taking down unauthorized copies.  :pirate1:

Shoutout to some Canadians who owe it to their country to watch OB:

@Boggart

@Elindoril

@Pilot

@Pyro699

#6 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:44 AM

Good shit. Thanks @Bone for convincing me to watch OB, cause I've still never seen or heard anyone else mention the show.

#7 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

Are you sure, cause the best ongoing show is True Detective atm  ;)

#8 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

Are you sure, cause the best ongoing show is True Detective atm  ;)

I've heard good things about True Detective. Meaning people are at least acknowledging its existence, unlike OB. 

#9 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

I've heard good things about True Detective. Meaning people are at least acknowledging its existence, unlike OB. 

I like how I'm hearing about this now when they've already filmed this in my city for the past year or so

#10 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

I like how I'm hearing about this now when they've already filmed this in my city for the past year or so

It's because it's on BBC America. No one gives a fuck about BBC America. 

Give the show a chance. It's near-flawlessly plotted and Tatiana Maslany is an incredible actress.

#11 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

I shall add this to my lengthy queue of shows

#12 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

This is relevant to my interests.

Also @Bone , not sure why a bunch of Canadians owe it to their country to watch a British produced, American aired TV show. Unless you've got some inside joke or something, that just seems an odd thing to say :p

ncnl1j.jpg

#13 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

This is relevant to my interests.

Also @Bone , not sure why a bunch of Canadians owe it to their country to watch a British produced, American aired TV show. Unless you've got some inside joke or something, that just seems an odd thing to say :p

It's filmed in Toronto, stars Canadian actors, and is produced by a Canadian company.

BBC distributes it outside of Canada, but in Canada it airs on Space, a Canadian channel.

#14 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

It's filmed in Toronto, stars Canadian actors, and is produced by a Canadian company.

BBC distributes it outside of Canada, but in Canada it airs on Space, a Canadian channel.

Ah.

You're right though, their worst decision was going with BBC America as a distributor. I've got a couple hundred channels through FiOS but I don't pay extra for BBC America.

#15 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:56 PM

I tried to watch this when you first posted, but my internet was being dumb so the video was lagging.

Looks really interesting though! I'll have to check it out.

#16 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:12 AM

I've definitely seen the pilot and maybe one or two more episodes. I like the apparent premise (I'm still not sure exactly what it's about...) but the slow pilot didn't really grab my attention.

I think I still have the first season downloaded, though. I should find the time to give it another chance.

#17 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:19 AM

I've definitely seen the pilot and maybe one or two more episodes. I like the apparent premise (I'm still not sure exactly what it's about...) but the slow pilot didn't really grab my attention.
I think I still have the first season downloaded, though. I should find the time to give it another chance.

While I am present, pls

#18 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:23 AM

I've heard of it. So there's that. I remember people being mad the lead actress didn't win any awards.

#19 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:30 AM

While I am present, pls

Mmmaybe.

#20 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:13 AM

Mmmaybe.

That is so mean. That is like when my family rents a movie and watches it while I'm at work and they start making jokes I don't get because I haven't seen the movie. I'm SO SORRY I have to be at some place I don't want to be at just so that you guys can EAT and HAVE FUN WITHOUT ME. I am so angry I've turned into Comic Sans! SMASH!!

#21 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:20 AM

That is so mean. That is like when my family rents a movie and watches it while I'm at work and they start making jokes I don't get because I haven't seen the movie. I'm SO SORRY I have to be at some place I don't want to be at just so that you guys can EAT and HAVE FUN WITHOUT ME. I am so angry I've turned into Comic Sans! SMASH!!

Yeah :D

#22 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:32 AM

It wasn't until the third episode until I was hooked. But after that, I watched the remaining seven episodes in one day. You should definitely give it another chance.  :D

#23 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

I've convinced five people to watch the whole show, so far. You should be next.

FIRST FULL SEASON 2 TRAILER:

Spoiler

#24 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!  :yahoo:  :x3:

#25 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

I've convinced five people to watch the whole show, so far. You should be next.

I watched the first episode yesterday.  I have to say, I don't really understand why people say it's slow at first.  I'm sure it could pick up even more but there's already a lot going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users