• This topic is locked This topic is locked
186 replies to this topic

#1 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

Heyo,

I have gone ahead and slightly modified the layout of the forum, reducing the amount of clutter in some areas. This is going to be an on-going project for about the next week as we fine-tune some more active areas and try to bring to light some new areas :)

With that being said I would like to announce our "newest old rank", Private. This is a rank for members who are regularly active and and continue to bring activity to the site. The details for how one gets into private are still being ironed out, but as I said in my initial sentence this is a process that will be going on all week.

The reason I am making this topic ahead of the final changes is that I would like to get some input from the community in regards to areas of the forum they would like to see changed / upgraded. I already have received a great deal of information from the Retired section but would now like to open up this dicussion to the rest of you guys :) If for some reason you would like to make your suggestion less public, feel free to shoot me a private message and we can talk about it there.

Thanks
~Cody

#2 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

Yay for improvements!!

#3 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

What changed have you made so far? I'm not very detail oriented :p

#4 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

Yay for new old ranks, I've been hearing about this for a while so its cool to see it making progress :) 

#5 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Program Discussion has been opened up and you can now post topics there.
Public Programs has been renamed to User Submitted Programs
Changed a bunch of stuff in General Discussion, such as layout, organizing of forums...

Really you just gotta go exploring and if you feel like things should be moved around a little more let me know :)

#6 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

cool :) looks good so far

#7 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

Oh yay thanks for the changes! The new rank is really cool too, 3 ranks for users isn't that much :p

Edited by iKate, 05 March 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#8 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

Can I suggest that we have a page with forum ranks (i know it's in the FAQ already) but it would be nice to see the userbars and how to achieve each rank on it's own page (similar to the awards)

#9 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

Can I suggest that we have a page with forum ranks (i know it's in the FAQ already) but it would be nice to see the userbars and how to achieve each rank on it's own page (similar to the awards)

I think there is a page somewhere, but might be outdated :) Ill take a look though :3

#10 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

That may be something we can do up and pin somewhere for easy access :) Great suggestion.

#11 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

That may be something we can do up and pin somewhere for easy access :) Great suggestion.

I was going to add a section to my guide with that stuff, but I could write a new one to be pinned somewhere if y'all'd rather?

#12 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

I was going to add a section to my guide with that stuff, but I could write a new one to be pinned somewhere if y'all'd rather?

I think adding it to your guide would suffice :p Your guide is pinned and a lot of newbies are directed there right away. At least that way they'd have all their info in one place.

#13 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

I think it would make sense if we kept all of the FAQs and guide threads including ranks, etc in the "Rules and FAQs" section.

That way we can direct any new users straight to there without having pinned threads here there and everywhere.

#14 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

I think adding it to your guide would suffice :p Your guide is pinned and a lot of newbies are directed there right away. At least that way they'd have all their info in one place.

OK, I have to redo some screenshots anyway after all this, so I'll do it when I do that.

#15 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

The information is all in the FAQ, I just thought it would be cool to see the actual userbars on a page (or have @Keil ) update the page with what the userbars look like?

Edited by Rocket, 05 March 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#16 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

Also, I think we should look at archiving some very old threads.

Heading into a forum that only has threads from 2004/2005 is a bit misleading and I feel like these threads shouldn't really be showing up anymore. The information in a lot of these threads really isn't relevant any more (e.g. VB6 required files, etc). 

I'm sure downloading programs for the first time is daunting enough let alone with all of the old outdated content hanging around :p

#17 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

OK, I have to redo some screenshots anyway after all this, so I'll do it when I do that.

Awesome :)
And @Rocket, maybe Napi will add the images too.

#18 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

Awesome :)

Yes, that was my intention. Title, image, short description/requirements

#19 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

Also, I think we should look at archiving some very old threads.

Heading into a forum that only has threads from 2004/2005 is a bit misleading and I feel like these threads shouldn't really be showing up anymore. The information in a lot of these threads really isn't relevant any more (e.g. VB6 required files, etc). 

I'm sure downloading programs for the first time is daunting enough let alone with all of the old outdated content hanging around :p

This was already discussed a bit today, but I think most of us agreed with you on this. :p Just for your peace of mind.

#20 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

This was already discussed a bit today, but I think most of us agreed with you on this. :p Just for your peace of mind.

Good to hear  :D

#21 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

We might have to have a re-vote now that Dan has suggested it though. :p

#22 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

We voted? :p

#23 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

We might have to have a re-vote now that Dan has suggested it though. :p

I thought the opposite, you know it's a really good idea when I start suggesting it :p

#24 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

I thought the opposite, you know it's a really good idea when I start suggesting it :p

It has to happen one day I guess. :p

#25 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

Yes, that was my intention. Title, image, short description/requirements

Yay! Can't wait to see the finished product :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users