And yaaay for an active Pyro :p

:rofl:

#77 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:38 AM

Boo you. So it's been three months (with Christmas and NY in between), and the staff have been consistently and visibly working on/ towards other site improvement type things. Don't be a sooky la la.

You and I clearly have very different understandings of the words "consistent" and "visible" :p

However, it is indeed nice to see areas getting the attention they deserve. :)

#78 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:14 AM

You and I clearly have very different understandings of the words "consistent" and "visible" :p

"Consistent" and "visible" are all relative. The last few months have seen more changes/ discussion of changes than we've had in aaaages.
The closest thing we saw to a new rank in the past while was that good old "Contributor" rank  :whistling:

#79 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:44 AM

Is there a way to see who reps your posts? just curious :p

#80 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

Is there a way to see who reps your posts? just curious :p

Only admins can see that :p

#81 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

Let's not forget the inconsistent and invisible improvements, just because you guys don't see things doesn't mean that they aren't being done. ;) We just like to keep some surprises...

#82 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

BRING BACK CONTRIBUTOR

You'd fit in perfectly.

#83 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

BRING BACK CONTRIBUTOR

Please, stop =/

#84 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

So, this is the app we would look at implementing for Applications to various ranks (whether it be Private or Staff positions (when they become available)

http://community.inv...cations-system/

Worthwhile putting it in place?

Also, do you guys think we should bring back a Calendar app to allow users to keep track of upcoming events onsite? (This would be particularly useful for competition dates/deadlines and so on).

#85 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

So, this is the app we would look at implementing for Applications to various ranks (whether it be Private or Staff positions (when they become available)

Also, do you guys think we should bring back a Calendar app to allow users to keep track of upcoming events onsite? (This would be particularly useful for competition dates/deadlines and so on).

I've said my piece on the apps app ^^

I don't know that a calendar is terribly useful either. Again, I'd prefer just having a progress announcement that included current and upcoming contests every couple of weeks.

#86 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

A calendar would be really helpful, especially with all the new contests that have been going on.

Would an application app would be any easier than just PMing applications or having a subforum? If it would make life easier for staff, I don't have anything against it, but it seems unnecessary. :p

I've said my piece on the apps app ^^

I don't know that a calendar is terribly useful either. Again, I'd prefer just having a progress announcement that included current and upcoming contests every couple of weeks.

For me, seeing contests and events on a calendar helps me perceive them in the context of time, if that makes sense? Seeing a deadline on a calendar feels more visceral than just seeing the date written out.

#87 Jam

Jam
  • 162 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

I agree with @Bone.
Something to keep track of contest deadlines would be nice. I always forget :( Sometimes I can't even find the contest threads.

Is there currently a way to bookmark threads without following them (and receiving email updates)? That would be great.

#88 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:04 AM

I agree with @Bone.
Something to keep track of contest deadlines would be nice. I always forget :( Sometimes I can't even find the contest threads.

Is there currently a way to bookmark threads without following them (and receiving email updates)? That would be great.

As far as I know (and could find answers on through Google), the IP.Board software does not have an inbuilt 'bookmark' other than the 'follow thread' option. The only way you can actually bookmark the thread(s) you wish to keep an eye on, is to use the Bookmark feature of your browser. You can create a sub-folder in your Bookmarks one and organise them that way.

#89 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:06 AM

I like the idea of a Calendar, and I still think the applications mod would make things easier, but I'm not sure if you can make the applications public like we would be able to under normal forum-thread circumstances.

Great to see we're thinking about these things. Mods take minutes to install and only a little bit longer to configure. :D

#90 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:10 AM

No, I represent the educated, adult, and generally correct minority.

Nuh-uh. Didn't you learn that a person is not properly educated unless they have a PhD in the specific subject being discussed?

#91 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:06 AM

Nuh-uh. Didn't you learn that a person is not properly educated unless they have a PhD in the specific subject being discussed?

Oh, right. I forgot -_-

My concern with adding IPB apps to deal with things is having to wait for updates on upgrades, but more importantly - clutter. We have a lot of proprietary add-ons that take up space, and several additional option tabs. Where would a calendar be accessible from?

#92 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:27 AM

I like the idea of having a subforum (similar to the Request Awards one) for Private potentials instead of an application/mod.

#93 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:27 AM

Oh, right. I forgot -_-

My concern with adding IPB apps to deal with things is having to wait for updates on upgrades, but more importantly - clutter. We have a lot of proprietary add-ons that take up space, and several additional option tabs. Where would a calendar be accessible from?

The Calendar (I'm assuming it's the one I'm thinking of) would be available on the sidebar under the blog entries/status updates. I think it can also be toggled on/off too if you do not wish to see it. But don't quote me on that just yet. I will have to check it out a bit more in detail. I don't mind going with a subsection for Private Apps either. We shall see what we can do over the next few days/week.

#94 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

I like that awards has it's own tab now :D

#95 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

Oh, cool.

I still think we need to lose a lot of the other buttons. Having "Store", "Buy NeoCash" and "Offers" is such overkill. And the bug tracker is pointless :p

#96 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

wouldn't it make sense to have store, upgrade membership and buy neocash cards all combined together instead of separate?

#97 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:47 PM

Oh, cool.

I still think we need to lose a lot of the other buttons. Having "Store", "Buy NeoCash" and "Offers" is such overkill. And the bug tracker is pointless :p

wouldn't it make sense to have store, upgrade membership and buy neocash cards all combined together instead of separate?

I agree with both of you but I'm guessing these decisions would have to go through @Hydrogen in order to be approved. They're big "push me to give money to neocodex" buttons, so pretty essential for sales conversions.

(Apart from the bug tracker, which should just be in some list)

#98 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

I agree with both of you but I'm guessing these decisions would have to go through @Hydrogen in order to be approved. They're big "push me to give money to neocodex" buttons, so pretty essential for sales conversions.

(Apart from the bug tracker, which should just be in some list)

I'd be interested to see if we have stats for that - clickthrough origin data etc. Would be the only way to make an informed decision, really.

#99 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

I'd be interested to see if we have stats for that - clickthrough origin data etc. Would be the only way to make an informed decision, really.

Such data exists, compliments of Google Analytics. :p

#100 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

Such data exists, compliments of Google Analytics. :p

Oh yeah! I think Hydro (or you...?) has posted some GAanalytics data before. I'd forgotten about that :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users