• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:14 AM

I'm asking about foods that maybe you know are the healthiest, but you still love them. I'm not necessarily talking about one simple item (e.g. chips, fries, KFC) but more of a concoction that you throw together which you love.

For example, one of my favourite meals is to make ramen but cook it in a cream of mushroom/chicken instead of the soup broth. It becomes super thick and creamy and disgusting and I love it.

My other friend loves having bologna sandwiches, with hot sauce, cheese and pickles.

It doesn't have to be "low-brow" per say, just slightly different.

#2 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:20 AM

A cup of white rice mixed with a can of tuna and a sprinkle of soy sauce. It sounds totally plain and I've received strange looks from co-workers, but I never feel overly full or sleepy after having this. For the longest time my mom was like, "That's so nasty" until she tried it. 

I also like peanut butter on toast... cuz the heat of the toast makes the peanut butter all melty. No jelly. Just peanut butter.

I also enjoy dipping french fries in ice cream.

#3 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:23 AM

I also like peanut butter on toast... cuz the heat of the toast makes the peanut butter all melty. No jelly. Just peanut butter.

I also enjoy dipping french fries in ice cream.

That's absolutely delicious (peanut butter and toast). Perfectly awesome.

My sister and 3 other friends do the french fries in ice cream thing too. Apparently this is relatively common o.o.

#4 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

This is weird, but I used to eat this with my dad all the time growing up when we would go fishing, it was our tradition. Now it just makes me sick thinking about it.

A bologna sandwich with miracle whip and peanut butter. The contrast between the smooth peanut butter and the tangy miracle whip was soo good (from what I remember).

Pretty sure if I tried this now I would barf, as I hate miracle whip AND bologna.

#5 Hummingway

Hummingway
  • 433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

Choco Pie :D

#6 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

A friend of mine lived off gummy bears for weeks once (mostly because of laziness).

I love deep-fried foods in general but I can't think of anything unusual off the top of my head. Also, almost everything gets better gratinated it with cheese. The hard crunchy baked cheese crust is the best part, I think these are sold as a snack (like cookies),... I should get some.

Edited by Eefi, 06 March 2014 - 08:05 AM.

#7 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:09 AM

Digestive biscuits and vanilla yoghurt. 

#8 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

honey nut cheerios with apple juice yum

#9 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

I bet @Strategist loves lamingtons if his sons don't steal them.

This is weird, but I used to eat this with my dad all the time growing up when we would go fishing, it was our tradition. Now it just makes me sick thinking about it.

A bologna sandwich with miracle whip and peanut butter. The contrast between the smooth peanut butter and the tangy miracle whip was soo good (from what I remember).

Pretty sure if I tried this now I would barf, as I hate miracle whip AND bologna.

yeah that sounds really gross haha

#10 Florg

Florg
  • 711 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

I bet @Strategist loves lamingtons if his sons don't steal them.

yeah that sounds really gross haha

I did a project on Australia in high school and made lamingtons once. Those damn things were good and people devoured them o__o

My new weakness (that's not healthy at all, so I don't eat it often) is White Chicken Chili.
Made with heavy cream and sour cream. It's great. Omg I could eat an entire pot in one sitting if my stomach wouldn't explode.

Something weird I do is put ground cinnamon on my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. People always look at me weird for it

#11 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

I put salt and vinegar chips on sandwiches whenever possible.

Would you call it ooey, gooey and yum yum yummy?

Edited by Bone, 06 March 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#12 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:42 AM

Dill pickle popcorn seasoning on everything. 
Pizza, wraps, chips.. anything but popcorn really. 

#13 wildwolfspirit

wildwolfspirit
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

I was eating this as I read it :rolleyes:

#14 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:47 AM

Right now I'm eating Nutella on raisin cinnamon swirl bread with a bowl of lucky charms and Sunny D on the side. Which limb will I lose first?

#15 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

Now I'm hungry! -sits at work drinking mah coffee-

-stares at clock-

Not even 9am yet! -cries-

#16 lunacyxxfringe

lunacyxxfringe
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:58 AM

Grilled cheese made with mozzarella and a little bit pizza sauce in it(or spaghetti sauce) TASTES LIKE A PIZZA SANDWICH OMG YUM!

#17 Florg

Florg
  • 711 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

Cold popcorn is also amazing. o__o

#18 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:25 AM

I also drink pickle juice.

#19 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

That sounds delicious. I've occasionally put chips on sandwiches since I was a kid, but I don't think I've ever done it with salt and vinegar chips.

My grandmother, and also my mom and her siblings, mix peanut butter and white rice. Considering plain rice doesn't have much flavor, it's not a bad combination. I've always thought it was an interesting way to keep leftover rice from Chinese food from going to waste.

Edited by Trichomes, 06 March 2014 - 09:27 AM.

#20 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

My new weakness (that's not healthy at all, so I don't eat it often) is White Chicken Chili.
Made with heavy cream and sour cream. It's great. Omg I could eat an entire pot in one sitting if my stomach wouldn't explode.

That sounds delicious or awful. Probably delicious.

Would you call it ooey, gooey and yum yum yummy?

'MURICA

I also drink pickle juice.

You're like my friends who all encourage me to order caesars so she can eat my pickle garnish since I won't touch it >_<

My grandmother, and also my mom and her siblings, mix peanut butter and white rice. Considering plain rice doesn't have much flavor, it's not a bad combination. I've always thought it was an interesting way to keep leftover rice from Chinese food from going to waste.

That sounds super weird to me. EIther the rice is hot then you have hot rice and peanut butter, or the rice is cold in which case it's just a ball of starch. Why not just use the rice and make fried rice or AHHHHH *mind explodes*

#21 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

That sounds super weird to me. EIther the rice is hot then you have hot rice and peanut butter, or the rice is cold in which case it's just a ball of starch. Why not just use the rice and make fried rice or AHHHHH *mind explodes*

I didn't think I needed to clarify that it's eaten hot. :p People eat noodles in peanut sauce, and they obviously eat peanut butter on bread, so I don't see how rice is much weirder. I don't know anyone that would eat cold, refrigerated rice willingly. And my family doesn't use the rice to make fried rice because we're not Asian.

Edited by Trichomes, 06 March 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#22 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

I didn't think I needed to clarify that it's eaten hot. :p People eat noodles in peanut sauce, and they obviously eat peanut butter on bread, so I don't see how rice is much weirder. I don't know anyone that would eat cold, refrigerated rice willingly. And my family doesn't use the rice to make fried rice because we're not Asian.

I think a peanut sauce is different from peanut butter though :p It's so much thicker! Although I am not a huge peanut butter connoisseur. I only like sparse amounts of it in my foods.

I just think I'm offended because it's not being turned into fried rice :'(

#23 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

cheetoh puffs on PBJ

nacho cheese doritos or lays plain or crunch cheetohs on Tuna

Salt and Vinegar or Ruffle lays on Turkey/Ham

'Murica!

#24 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

I used to have a thing for putting ketchup on all my sandwiches no matter what was inside. And then a friend introduced me to chocolate pudding and pickles. As for anything healthier, salmon with soy sauce on it and tofu, and any other type of fish has to be doused in lemon for me to eat it.

#25 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

My kids like peanut butter mixed in plain oatmeal, so the rice thing sounds fine to me.

cheetoh puffs on PBJ
nacho cheese doritos or lays plain or crunch cheetohs on Tuna
Salt and Vinegar or Ruffle lays on Turkey/Ham

'Murica!

You're joking. Cheetos on tuna is the shit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kate nudes, ramen, your mom, momen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users