hack cheat neocodex

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 Shinx

Shinx
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

It seems Neocodex was always more a a cheating community, (if you even consider autoplayers cheating) than one of actually "hacking," which I highly approve of, by the way.

I think we all have ethics here and lines which we don't cross, but out of pure curiosity (and boredom), have or would you, given the chance, consider venturing over and actually attempting to mess with Neopets' databases? Or would you stick with more milder exploits such as the "duping" or items or that time when you could infinitely repair broken bags of neopoints for an easy billion?

Am I even allowed to talk about such illegal thoughts in a forum? Oh god, I'm committing thoughtcrime. 

All merely theoretical, please don't do anything stupid. Oh, wait, this is the internet. Nevermind. 

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

You can talk about it as hypotheticals, but Neocodex as an organisation does not, in any way, condone the illegal (in the US) compromising of computers in the manner you are describing.

Practical discussion of such matters will be removed from the public forums, and infractions would probably be issued accordingly.

#3 Shinx

Shinx
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

Phew, thank you for clearing this up! ^___^

#4 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

Neopets.com has never been hacked.

edit: source neopets.com

Edited by Rocket, 08 March 2014 - 08:19 PM.

#5 Shinx

Shinx
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

An extremely biased opinion. :p

I'm pretty sure that everything on the internet has been hacked, or could be. 

#6 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

hahaha *straight face* neopets.com is unhackable 

#7 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

*tries to say neopets is unhackable with a serious face*

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAA

Sorry, I have no control. That's why I always lose in Poker (that and I dont know how to play to begin with) 

-------------------

If given the opportunity (and methods and skills and attention span and resources) to hack and/or dupe, I wouldn't do either because the effects are only short run (either from freezing or rollback). It doesn't seem profitable to do either until there is some sort of guarantee with lasting results. WAY back when the Asparableh avatar was announced officially, but not released, there was a midnight glitch. I only duped small scale items like Snowball Slingshots and my Strawberry Field Forever Paintbrush (they were cool then >.<). Then there was a rollback because people duped much cooler things. If I was forced to do either or, I'd dupe MSPP cards and hand them out to the AC, Money Tree, and other ways on the weekend. I wouldn't get monetary gain, but I'll get a kick from the chaos.

#8 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

it was a joke... TNT says neopets.com has never been hacked.

#9 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

There are much more recent cases than that, my friend :p One of which involves a tomato chocolate cardboard quadrilateral.

#10 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

There are much more recent cases than that, my friend :p One of which involves a tomato chocolate cardboard quadrilateral.

I remember the shitstorm that caused. I was an active player when that went down.
A great day for buying low :)

#11 Shinx

Shinx
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

Sorry, I have no control. That's why I always lose in Poker (that and I dont know how to play to begin with) 

-------------------

If given the opportunity (and methods and skills and attention span and resources) to hack and/or dupe, I wouldn't do either because the effects are only short run (either from freezing or rollback). It doesn't seem profitable to do either until there is some sort of guarantee with lasting results. WAY back when the Asparableh avatar was announced officially, but not released, there was a midnight glitch. I only duped small scale items like Snowball Slingshots and my Strawberry Field Forever Paintbrush (they were cool then >.<). Then there was a rollback because people duped much cooler things. If I was forced to do either or, I'd dupe MSPP cards and hand them out to the AC, Money Tree, and other ways on the weekend. I wouldn't get monetary gain, but I'll get a kick from the chaos.

Bwahaha! I approve! I remember struggling trying to earn that stupid MSPP avatar when I played legit a a while back, reduced to begging for the hope of some kind soul to lend me. Lol, never happened. 

#12 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

-------------------

you are so diabolical. I love it! I think I'd do something similar just b/c its so fun to just see people freak out. I used to randomly gift expensive items on the habitarium chats (b/c I used to be cool and hung out there) and people FREAKED OUT! I guess no one gives things away anymore :p

#13 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

I would probably not hack, even if given the chance and the ability.  The risk is too great, to my own account and everyone connected to it.

#14 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

Neopets has been hacked before. Some prime examples are Ad0 and the TTears in the money tree about 10 years ago.

Very good, you know your history. Sockopen and someone I can't recall duped items like nobody's business a few years back.

Not really black hat stuff, but exploitative all the same.

#15 Shinx

Shinx
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

I wonder if any Neopet programmers are actually lurking around Neocodex, and what they think of this.

#16 Doomsday

Doomsday
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

Coilvect also found a way to falsely spam one of the sponsor games to earn NP.  That was a lot of fun basically generating unlimted amounts of NP and attempting to spend it all on the auctions and donating everything to the money tree.

#17 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:38 AM

No messing with other peoples accounts. Me cheating might have secondary effects on the value of their items but that's another story.

If there was a duping glitch or anything, I'd definitely want to know how it works though. So far I've missed all those fun times when it happened. No matter if there will be a rollback or get my accounts frozen, I want to see the chaos once ^_^

#18 Shinx

Shinx
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:01 AM

So it seems the main reason one might hack Neopets is not personal gain, but rather chaos.

ANARCHY! 

Anyone else receive that rollback on Neopets?? It apparently happened, since all my np been reset by a few hours, and my games state that they have not been played.

#19 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

Very good, you know your history. Sockopen and someone I can't recall duped items like nobody's business a few years back.Not really black hat stuff, but exploitative all the same.

This was sockopen barcode and me...not blackhat at all...and really stupidly simple...genius tnt coders I tell you! This was all in good fun...anyone ever own a 150k hsd draik? That was fun:-) I almost made it past the rollback too...one of the other individuals saw me uniced still and logged in to see the thousands of ttears, fss, kav pots, and fish neggs still in my sdb unknowingly ip banned...ajd that was a few hundred billion or more out the window.
The blackhat stuff though...kaoskinesis infamous and me wwere destructive and I wouldnt recommend it...thatb ruined peoples lives. Though we did have access to borovans account for a bit...and then there was the time I managed neoadmin access with a simple apache exploit that allowed bypassing of credentials and IP by sending a packet filled with jargon and after 128 bytes the server stops attempting verification of credentials and commands and does the command following...

In short some of its fun and worthwhile...as long as nobody else's hard work is ruined in the process.

#20 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

Ah hacking neopets. I honestly hate how they say "we've never been hacked", and you get warned for telling the truth. People deserve the right to know if their items are safe and if there's ever been an issue in the past. As I tell my friends, don't give me anything that gives me power, I will misuse it. The same thing goes for the opportunity to hack. If I had the opportunity I would. I could give myself  all the avatars and expensive BD weapons I wanted. Then I'd probably go and cause mass chaos with my new found power.

Edited by Satsuki, 11 March 2014 - 12:42 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hack, cheat, neocodex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users