81 replies to this topic

#1 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:16 PM

POPULAR POST!

Greetings. You may be wondering why I have summoned you all to the small council. It's because sexy the AAA is gone and we need to bring it back. How? By contributing to this effort. To boost participation, we've decided to roll out an incentive program. Your boy Futurama may have forgotten about you but Scot sure hasn't. That's why he's putting up 15m pure each week as bounty to those who pitch in the most.

The program, which we will dub The Texas Two-Step works like this:

Step 1: Using the data from http://dev.lemony.co...tocks/users.php, we will consider each unique item as a "share". Your piece of the 10,000,000 NP pool is based on how many unique items you capture out of the total number of unique items on that chart.

Example: For week 10, Rocket has 1656 unique items out of a total of 14149. This entitles Rocket to a reward of 1,170,400 NP. The total will not include those who opt out such as Dan and myself.

Step 2: Using the same chart we now look at total restocks. Your share of the 5,000,000 NP secondary pool is based on how many total restocks you saw.

Example: Using Rocket again, she has 492 total restocks out of a total of 2064. This entitles Rocket to a 2nd "thank you" bonus of 1,191,860 NP.

That's 2.36m last week for just looking at the attic. And you don't even have to deal with pesky resellers!

This event plevenstival starts on Week 11, which we are a few hours into. Gogogeaux

How To Get Started:

Go here: http://www.neocodex....ck-analysis-v2/

You may be wondering why the bonus pools are uneven. We want to encourage lots of data for sure, but coverage is just as important, if not more than precision. Someone running many accounts in tandem for 8 hours would produce lots of restocks but yield lower unique items than someone who runs fewer accounts 24 hours a day. This system is introduced to reward both types of users with a slight preference for the well rounded users without punishing either.

Opt Out List (3cool5np list)

Dan

Scot

Rocket

Keil

L33T

Results: Week 11

Total Minus Opt Out

pOHXE7O.png

Total Payout

Spoiler

All Included

xy1S1yY.png

Unique Items

Spoiler

#2 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

BRING IT ON BITCHES :D (good luck to all who help contribute! It is much appreciated)

#3 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

Just a heads up, if I come out on top, I'd like to not be counted in this. I'm doing it for fun and to help solve the attic and I don't actively play neopets anymore nor have anything but 4 measly attic shells, and have no need for NP's :p

But thank you guys for the opportunity! I hope to see more people helping out and interested to see who will be the first to pass me :D

#4 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:23 PM

@Rocket, I can add you to the excluded list, and that would give everyone else a larger piece of the pie.

#5 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

@Rocket, I can add you to the excluded list, and that would give everyone else a larger piece of the pie.

Sounds good!

#6 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

Awesome, looks good :D

#7 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

@Scot Exclude me too, please. More pie for people.

#8 Kau

Kau
  • 261 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

This sounds great, thanks for starting this up @Scot.

Now, to look for some proxies to run the shells :p

~ quick question ^-^ Would it create red-flags to TNT if I ran multiple shells on one IP?

Edited by Kau, 09 March 2014 - 08:26 PM.

#9 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

This sounds great, thanks for starting this up @Scot.

Now, to look for some proxies to run the shells :p

~ quick question ^-^ Would it create red-flags to TNT if I ran multiple shells on one IP?

I run 4 with no proxies and haven't had any problems

#10 Kau

Kau
  • 261 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

Coolies c: Thanks @Rocket.

It's not like restocking so they may not have programs running to check that multiple accounts are running.

#11 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

It's like mining for NP... do I smell another digital currency?

#12 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

Whiii :D Not that I needed an extra boost. Just want to help out so we can get our Attic back 

Edited by Liesa, 09 March 2014 - 10:33 PM.

#13 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:32 AM

I've compiled the situation into bullets:

• We (Waser, Eefi and I) are analysing the data.
  • We're confident about a pattern that we've seen.
  • We're currently testing our theories, but as we all have our own lives (jobs, theses, badger-related commitments O_o ) it's taking time.
  • In the meantime, we're allowing people to continue collecting data in an attempt to prove or disprove the theories that we have.
  • If you think you can help analyse, PM me.
  • If you think you can help to gather data, please run the analyser and feel free to get rewarded with forum awards and free NP.

PS Haters are our motivators. :cool:  #yolo #teamcodexforlife

Edited by Scot, 10 March 2014 - 07:24 AM.

#14 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:55 AM

PS Haters are our motivators. :cool:  #yolo #teamcodexforlife

I find it motivating to always publicly ignore criticism that embarrasses me, but hold it secretly in my heart, longing for the day I can exact my revenge on the offending party. That way, I don't give my critics the satisfaction of knowing they've rustled my feathers, and when the day comes, they don't know what hit them.

p.s. Yay, attick restocker. Whoo hoo.

Edited by Scot, 10 March 2014 - 07:25 AM.

#15 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:00 AM

This is a community effort. It's not just about finding the attic algorithm, it's also about working on a project together. We need users to help collecting data and that also gives users who can't code means to contribute. Everybody wins. While most post on the other thread may not directly help in figuring out the algorithm there's nothing wrong with users discussing how many restocks they've contributed. We give credit to those who help, how's that a bad thing.

We feel like there's not much risk involved to continue running the program. This doesn't take away "unnecessarily expending energy" of those of us who are analyzing the data. Scot is trying to help in his way by providing prizes.

We won't post all our restock data publicly right now. We encourage people of the community to help with the attic algorithm, this is why we don't publicly post all the data for everyone to see. Whoever is interested here is free to pm any of us to get access. Just by insulting someone you're not going to make anyone happily give you what you want. It's not about Dans, mine or whoever's ego. By saying it's "laughable how much effort has been put into this" you insult everyone who has helped. It doesn't matter how smart you are if you're not a team player. Good luck doing it on your own

Edited by Scot, 10 March 2014 - 07:22 AM.

#16 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

The cherry on a big tasty cake :p

Awesome!

#17 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

@L33T really wants those nps :p

#18 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

I would like to opt out of receiving any np.

Edited by L33T, 10 March 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#19 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

I would like to opt out of receiving any np.

wow make my joke make me look like an ass  :thumbsup:

#20 L33T

L33T
  • 862 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

wow make my joke make me look like an ass  :thumbsup:

I was going to opt out regardless :p

Edited by L33T, 10 March 2014 - 01:08 PM.

#21 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

Haha! Let's go analyze that attic!

Oh wait I'm always RS banned.

I hate my life.

#22 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

Darn, I'd love to contribute to this but alas, not in attic for a little while longer -_- I'm so close, I can taste it!

Its really awesome that you guys are doing this though, hopefully I'll be able to contribute/help out in the future!  :)

#23 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:52 AM

Stop opting out everybody, Scot has NP to give :p

#24 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:55 AM

Why would you opt out!? It's free NEOPOINTS for doing what you're already doing! 

Edited by Kate, 11 March 2014 - 03:58 AM.

#25 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:57 AM

Why would you opt out!? It's free nips for doing what you're already doing! 

Freudian slip there? :p

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: attic, aaa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users