Quantcast

Photo

How do scores get reviewed?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:04 AM

So I'm wondering, how do scores get reviewed? And what is involved in reviewing them?

Does TNT watch how you played the game? Or is it completely subjective as to whether it's suspicious or not?

Cheers guys.

#2 MichaelA

MichaelA
  • Very Hard to Shoot

• 484 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:59 AM

So I'm wondering, how do scores get reviewed? And what is involved in reviewing them?

Does TNT watch how you played the game? Or is it completely subjective as to whether it's suspicious or not?

Cheers guys.

I belive if you send in a ridiculously high score within a short time period you can be subjected to get your score reviewed. Also if they suspect you were using  a  Score Sender. 

Edited by shadowgun, 17 March 2014 - 06:53 AM.

#3 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:22 AM

I belive if you send in a ridiculously high score within a short time period you can be subjected to get your score reviewed. Also if they suspect you were using a cracking program such a the Score Sender.

The score sender is not a cracking program.
Unless you meant it in the Nigel Thornberry sense, in which case it is most defnitely a cracking program, old chap.

#4 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:26 AM

There is a certain number that TNT sets. If you go over it, the score is automatically reviewed, legit or not. That score is chosen because it looks to be that cheaters get that score or above. Of course, they don't mean everyone who gets that score cheats, but since it's a common range for cheaters they check everyone.
Like how top magma blaster scores get reviewed all the time. (I believe TNT changes the review scores each month at least that's what I've heard.)

Edited by Satsuki, 17 March 2014 - 06:28 AM.

#5 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:32 AM

There is a certain number that TNT sets. If you go over it, the score is automatically reviewed, legit or not. That score is chosen because it looks to be that cheaters get that score or above. Of course, they don't mean everyone who gets that score cheats, but since it's a common range for cheaters they check everyone.
Like how top magma blaster scores get reviewed all the time. (I believe TNT changes the review scores each month at least that's what I've heard.)

Ah okay. How do they decide if a score is legit or not? Do they know? What do they base freezings on? Not every high score has been cheated, so how would they decide that?

Lol, so many questions :p

#6 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:37 AM

Ah okay. How do they decide if a score is legit or not? Do they know? What do they base freezings on? Not every high score has been cheated, so how would they decide that?

Lol, so many questions :p

Cheaters get score reviews all the time that end up being accepted. 
If the score is reasonable and achieved in a humanly fashion, within a realistic time frame, it passes whether it's a cheater or not.

#7 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:44 AM

Cheaters get score reviews all the time that end up being accepted. 
If the score is reasonable and achieved in a humanly fashion, within a realistic time frame, it passes whether it's a cheater or not.

So as long as the settings are good on SS, it's okay? Would you post a high score only once, or, just work your way up?

#8 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

So as long as the settings are good on SS, it's okay? Would you post a high score only once, or, just work your way up?

Personally when I was using SS I avoided sending trophy scores. Sends up way more red flags to TNT.

#9 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

I'd say work your way up. Unless you're a complete games master you're not going to get a very high score the first couple times you play. Plus, a large jump from a much lower score can seem a bit odd in my opinion. That's what I do at least.

Edited by Satsuki, 17 March 2014 - 06:53 AM.

#10 MichaelA

MichaelA
  • Very Hard to Shoot

• 484 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:55 AM

The score sender is not a cracking program.
Unless you meant it in the Nigel Thornberry sense, in which case it is most defnitely a cracking program, old chap.

im definitely a old chap  have a nice day :p

Edited by shadowgun, 17 March 2014 - 06:56 AM.

#11 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:59 AM

im definitely a old chap  have a nice day :p

Ugh.

#12 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:42 AM

Ah, okay. So build my way up over a couple of months?

#13 Majesty

Majesty
  • 164 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:44 AM

There's a set review score for every game. They honestly suck at reviewing scores, even if it's a fairly impossible score, it's likely to get accepted. The process is unknown but I'm fairly certain they don't actually watch your gameplay and they just look at the score and possibly the amount of time it took to achieve. If it's way over anything that is possible, it's likely you'll get frozen. They take a few hours to a few days to review, and may reject the score without freezing your account because they just don't want to accept it (eg. for Eliv Thade, they will reject scores over 5k even if they are legitimately earned - what a waste of time!)

#14 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

Ah, okay. So build my way up over a couple of months?

You don't always need to build it up over a few months. I personally concentrate on two to three trophies per month. If you're talking about an avatar score, I think two weeks is reasonable to build up. Small increments per day, sometimes you can make a larger increment for a certain day then a smaller one for the next day... variation is key.

#15 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

You don't always need to build it up over a few months. I personally concentrate on two to three trophies per month. If you're talking about an avatar score, I think two weeks is reasonable to build up. Small increments per day, sometimes you can make a larger increment for a certain day then a smaller one for the next day... variation is key.

Thanks guys! Not so freaked out now :p

#16 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

I'm sort of new to cheating and I've used SS and AoB a bit now. How do we know if our score is under review? I haven't sent anything too high yet, but I'm curious. Will we get neomail or something?

#17 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

I'm sort of new to cheating and I've used SS and AoB a bit now. How do we know if our score is under review? I haven't sent anything too high yet, but I'm curious. Will we get neomail or something?

If you're SSing it will be in the log.
If AoBing you'll see it after you submit your score. It'll be red and say your score has been sent for review.

#18 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

You'll only get a neomail if TNT has accepted your score (if they rejected it, you won't get one), and sometimes they can take a while. You'll know a review by what @Tubbz said. 

#19 MC10

MC10
  • 353 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

If you're SSing it will be in the log.
If AoBing you'll see it after you submit your score. It'll be red and say your score has been sent for review.

Ah okay, thanks. In SS I've only gotten one anomaly. One time it said failed or something. Is that just the server not responding that time it tried to send score or a review?

You'll only get a neomail if TNT has accepted your score (if they rejected it, you won't get one), and sometimes they can take a while. You'll know a review by what @Tubbz said. 

Thanks for the info.

#20 Ka1

Ka1
  • 955 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

Ah okay, thanks. In SS I've only gotten one anomaly. One time it said failed or something. Is that just the server not responding that time it tried to send score or a review?

From my experience, the failed send are due to server problem or you were logged out. The score did not get to Neopets.

If it is a review, it is shown score review. Clear cut.

Probably just a random number and not related to cheaters.

For example, Ruins has a review of 326 but to be honest, with the guides a newbie is very capable of getting 850 for the game the first time.

If you feel unsafe from the score review, just move out the important things and self-freeze.

Remember all the relevant information and send in a ticket to unfreeze after a while. Erase all the review scores in the process.

May take a month for the entire process.

#21 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

So, I sent a score about 12 days ago, and it was reviewed and I never got a response back. Is that their way of rejecting it? If so, why am I not frozen? Are they doing a stakeout and gonna try to chain freeze me now? Never had this happen before...

#22 Iridium77

Iridium77
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

So, I sent a score about 12 days ago, and it was reviewed and I never got a response back. Is that their way of rejecting it? If so, why am I not frozen? Are they doing a stakeout and gonna try to chain freeze me now? Never had this happen before...

Just because the reject a score doesn't mean you'll get frozen. Who knows why..

#23 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

Thanks. I hope that is the case.

#24 missymontero

missymontero
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:02 PM

if they reviewed a score, and rejected it, would you be removed from the high score list? the thing is that I played the game twice, once for avvie and bronze trophy...did not get review message...got the trophy and the avvie on my lookup and preferences and was on the high score list

then i played again and got a higher score, that score was reviewable, and today on the high score list, I am not listed at all but still have the avvie and then trophy and the avvie score on my userlookup

hope I am off the hook...since I did use AOB to get the gold trophy score

breathes sign of relief hopefully

#25 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:31 AM

Yeah if one of your scores is rejected it removes all your scores from the scoreboard for that month for some reason. Happens to me on TROTRODS pretty regularly. But you don't get notified at all if you do get rejected.

Also it is not a black mark against your account to have a score rejected. TNT are capricious about what scores they reject/accept. Who knows their inner workings...

But hey you got trophy and an avvie, so you scored pretty well in the end. Like I said in the other thread, what you did was very low-risk and you shouldn't fret too much about it. I freaked out a bit the first cheated score I got reviewed, and here I am years later with over 150 trophies, mostly cheated lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users